It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

area 51 wild-life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

lol

How about modifying a little toy lizard. It doesn't need to be remote controlled, just set it in the right direction with micro sized gear mounted on top.

It would have to be solar powered to stand any chance of covering the miles to the best easily 20 plus otherwise they will detect you comming to drop off your little robolizard and I assume promptly smash it and throw you in jail.

Ive made solar powered walkers that can survive for years with just sun light but they are about as graceful as a lame squirrel and would never be able to cross a mountain range. Thats also without any extra energy used for camera's, navigation software etc..

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Ive made solar powered walkers that can survive for years with just sun light but they are about as graceful as a lame squirrel and would never be able to cross a mountain range. Thats also without any extra energy used for camera's, navigation software etc..

kewl, I bet solar powered walkers are fun to build.

lol... using the lizard would be a little rough to do, but do' able.... maybe a "rock" would be better with a small all terrain robot inside. It could be done either way, a fiber glass rock would have more room for gear though

Definitely solar powered, it would have to stop and recharge several times.... Throw in some infrared eyes pointing at an angle to avoid objects and detection. Maybe 2 or 3 small linux computers like the picotux 100 would fit in nicely, program one for gps navigation and the others for camera's, tx ext.....

It could either save pictures or send. I would think sending pictures would be best, but then your adding weight and energy by using a video camera transmitter. Though that may not be a problem, depending if one uses a rock shell for room. Just go for both

The mountain range may not be that bad either, if it goes through the valleys. Then again balloons and ballon drops would be better and quicker.

I would not encourage anyone to do this, but it is very do' able in many ways lol..............

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
kewl, I bet solar powered walkers are fun to build.

Yeah they are fun and alot easier then I thought to build. Ive built ones that are quite capable little guys without a processor so no program needed
Check out BEAM robotics on the net.

The hardest part is IMO is finding efficient enough motors and solar cells to directly power a walker from solar power. Other wise you have to build some type of solar energy to store the energy and then release in short burst of energy.

Even a solar engine might be advantages in some ways. Say your machine charges in the sun for 1 minute and then moves a few steps thats really slow to you or I but to a robot that can run foryears its not a huge problem. Such small and slow movement would be hard to detect fro humans if it had good camo. Plus these machines could put out a very, very small IR sig.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just got an idea ....On television, I saw a show that atached a small video camera to a hawk...someone should do that and let it go near area 51;o

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join