It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminist Architecture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
to me it remains nothing more than symbolic art that spans over generations and through time.

Yes! *worshipping you* You see the good, the true, and the beautiful, and I see you. How indescribably wonderful life is! How breathtakingly wonderous are all the worlds in each single moment! It is love in form.

Here is my offering:

www.healingtaousa.com...

Let the heathen rage, I will walk in the garden path of mysteries.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
I have spent the better part of the last 5 years reading about this stuff

Try ~33 years, and no, I have no answers. But, Dr. Bones, you humor me. Why do you choose 666?

Is it because it is the sum of the squares of the first seven prime numbers? Or the sum of the numbers 1 through 36?

Or rather, is it because it takes 666 solar diameters to equal the circle of the Earth about the Sun? Is it the number of the Beast, the number of MAN, microcosm of the universe? What is your take on that most holy of numbers?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Accurate measurements are essential to Architecture and Engineering.

Whether or not these numbers have the same significance for others remains a mystery :

For me : $6.66 = the price of a Venti Vanilla Latte and a piece of Lemon Pound Cake at Starbucks in 1999.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Or rather, is it because it takes 666 solar diameters to equal the circle of the Earth about the Sun?

Are you sure about that? Or is it close, say give or take five million miles?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I'm not all to concerned about establishing it as "good", "evil", "satanic" or otherwise - to me it remains nothing more than symbolic art that spans over generations and through time.

To even bring religious undertones into it just adds more fuel for the whole Christian/Satanic debate - neither of which goes very far and only pulls the arts and humanities back into a lower level.

Most people are caught up in the whole "conspiracy" rather than just accepting it for the art form as it is.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

its more than just art. i was just pointing out why these pieces of symbology are here and where they come from. nothing religious about it. i understand you loving the art in the whole thing...it is pretty awsome in its works. but you have to remember what is behind it to really appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I go to great lengths no to believe something just because it's on the internet or the written page - especailly if it's negative.

I tend to gravitate towards certain symbols, objects and numbers, at which point I sit back and reflect on what it means to me - how it enhances my life and teaches me a little bit about myself.

There's nothing wrong with studying other peoples interpretation and histories, but I'm not inclined to History (which can be slanted over time to reflect a popular viewpoint or political ideology) and I'm not too heavy into people who would discredit an artist and his manifested vision - these works are monumentous to have stood the test of time, and intricate in the symbolism that they incorperated.

Much like the use of stained glass windows in Churches throughout the ages - there is a wealth of stories embedded within them - designed to spark meditation on the mysteries.

But seeing the state and religious fervor that seems directed towards certain numbers, figures, and depictions - I choose to abstain from the fighting and debate, move to a quiet area where I feel more comfortable, and reflect on the sort of God that would not only inspire a man to go to such lengths in temple construction, but give him the ability to actually realize his vision.

To divide the Creative Element into good and evil does nothing more than divide the Divine, and to associate such elements with art makes poor associations.

Some see the owl, some see the bat, some see complex constructions of pure mathmeatics. It's all good. We see what we see.

But to fight over who's allowed to see what? And to condemn another for having a different perspective? Ridiculous - and the most avoidable source of mankind's ills.

I just prefer finding things out on my own and drawing my own conclusions.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
While I agree with Dae that there is obvious Illuminist and Freemason symbology in the Courthouse, I also tend to agree with Skadi that you will see what you wish to see. On my own note, however, let me just say that I don't believe the Illuminati were founded with Satanic intentions in mind. That idea came from people associating the translation of "enlightened ones" to Lucifer the "light bringer". I always find this so interesting, given the fact that he is not called the light bringer because he will show the world a "new light" as these modern groups believe, but because biblically he is the "falling star that lit up the night". Anyway, the point is that just because there is Illuminist or Freemason symbology worked into various architechtural devices, does not mean that the end of the old world is coming. I would have to agree that it is all very beautiful. Yes, it all has meaning as well, but most of it is purely historical and included only for this and its artistic value.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I follow your train of thought completely. When I first encountered the concept of the Illumianti - it was aprofoundly negative slant - so I dug a little deeper - even going so far as to look up the terms in archaic dictionaries. Seems just decades ago we had entirely different definitions for these terms.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Rorsachs. Its those inkblot pictures that shrinks, researchers, and scientists of human psychology hold up, and youre supposed to tell them what you see in the inkblots. (like butterflies, flowers, cars, ect). People see different things in the inkblots.

I see.

I saw the previous pictures on another site taken from google earth. One unaltered, the other with everything highlighted. I saw the unaltered picture first, and I didnt see anything in it. I didnt identify any owls, squirrels, pryamids, ect.

I think watching David icke would more than likely hardwire your brain to see just about anything sinister in anything.

Doubtful. So just becuase I watched his videos or read some articles don't assume I accept his theories.

Its all about your state of mind and preconcieved notions of what something should be.

Or you can see it with impartiallity.

If you already believe David Icke's theories, then you are more than likely gonna be looking, even subconciously, for secret and sinister symbols in everything from street grids to pizzas.

If your looking for them. I didn't look for that picture specifically but I read some of the posts in this thread and remembered that street plan, mainly because the design is on such a large scale.

[edit on 2/6/06 by Nikolaos2030]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Originally posted by Matyas
Or rather, is it because it takes 666 solar diameters to equal the circle of the Earth about the Sun?

Are you sure about that? Or is it close, say give or take five million miles?

1082 times according to current astronomical data. But that is even more unsettling, as the Moon's radius is 1080 miles...

The 666 number was a result of a far more "innacurate" system of measurement. I suspect it was done so on purpose to hide the actual derivations for these numbers. But since then it has been a standard of defining the relationship of the microcosm (Man) with the macrocosm (Universe), and has worked well.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I am making another offering because I think the relevance is very high. Valrie has been attempting to publish what I call "the other eight instructions", but I got only as far as to come into the possession of a trial copy. BUT it is the only one in the world

www.timelessbydesign.org...

As far as the Illuminanti twist I have no clue as to who is absolutely good or evil. I know from my common sense that those who take the moral highroad are dangerous, and suppressing degrees of freedom can be bad news. I also know a sense of humor is paramount for crossing the Abyss, otherwise the ego will destroy the soul. Shapes and symbols are ideas realized in the world of form. When destroyed, they recycle back into formlessness as ideas. I think that the IDEA of the Illuminist as being realized in the world of form is what you seek, enlightenment through design, art, and architecture. If this is the case, then there is a vast trove to explore, enough to last a dozen lifetimes.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
When it comes to the Illuminati - I have to say I side with them on several issues.

Now I know this is radically off topic, but I've been putting things in my artwork of personal significance throughout the course of my lifetime, and I've never been much of a fan of herd mentality.

Most of what I do is of a humorous slant, although I do use symbols that I recently found out were connected to the Iluminists - mind you, I'm not a satanists (though in my southern small ton achools I was often called one for my pechant for black and lack of interest in "conventional topics".)

Oh well - whatever. Seems the trend is to ridicule and demean anyone outside of the herd. Suits me just fine - I have little interest in pandering or trying to "fit in" with people who are obviously not interested in doing anything constructive with their time on this planet.

Mayata = ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF!

Mathmatics is beyond me, I can only deal in simplified forms - so more power to you. If you have a grasp of the higher concepts, roll with it to your hearts content.

If you ever design anything and would like some artistic flourishes, let me know.

By the way - you might be interested to know some members of the Illuminist Collective up in Seattle places a scale sized iron monolith in Magneson Park on January 1, 2001 for the viewing enjoyment and contemplation of the public.

There were no traces of HOW it got there, and it showed up overnight and disappeared without a trace one week later.

Thought you might enjoy that little tidbit.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, I hit the wrong button and all my work is gone. But that is O-K, because I still am going to get the message out!

You don't need in depth understanding of math. You only need a compass like a knotted rope which can double as a ruler and triple as a plumb, a square, some wood and water. Then you can build huge pyramids, or stone circles, cathederals, or whatever your heart fancies. This is the art.

It would take only three of us to move a 2.5 ton stone into a circle, no UFOs or Atlantean technology needed. And there would be no sign of wheels on the site.

Point is, modern man interpreted the ancient and midevil world with his math and sophisticated tools which only served to deepen the mystery.

Dae

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Ooo missed this.

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What blatant symbolism and design? If you have to have it explained to you, its unlikely that any truth to the design exists.

Ya, I agree however I meant explaining what part of the building we are looking at, you know, the east side or inside or on the roof.

If you wanted to, you could find whatever you want in anything. I see no proof of illuminati or Masonic design in this building. The other pics on that site show things that are obviously Masonic, with no intent to hide that fact.

A circle is a circle a dome is a dome. Becuase it shows blatant, not hidden, masonic symbols it wont have hidden ones? So all buildings that show no masonic symbols/plaques must have hidden ones?

The site you linked to is, well, another clone of the numerous anti-Estoric sites that infest the internet, with little fact and alot of fiction and assumption really.

Anti Esoteric eh?

Intended for or understood by only a particular group: an esoteric cult. See Synonyms at mysterious.
Of or relating to that which is known by a restricted number of people.
Confined to a small group: esoteric interests.
Not publicly disclosed; confidential.

Well people cant help themselves in trying to understand what is in front of them and kept secrect at the same time.

But saying that we can go to an Architecture website and find a lenghtly article talking about the symbols and what they mean...

For instance

The serene courtyard is bisected by a narrow channel of water, meant to recall the desert where the law was given to Moses. According to the architects, "the stone quarried from the earth and the water reflecting the sky juxtapose the biblical symbols of truth and justice."

Buildings are not like ink blots

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Hey General, I am doing some reading. It is The Theoretic Arithmetic of the Pythagoreans by Thomas Taylor 1816. Intro essay by Manly P. Hall 1934. Republished here:

www.healthresearchbooks.com...

I have a hunch by going back and taking a different fork in the road I can arrive with a mathematical foundation "outside of the Matrix" which is the best way I can describe it.

You'll need an Oxford dictionary at your elbow and patience to parse Mr. Taylor's long winded sentences, but is well worth it!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is very interesting, do you have any more information since your original post.

Good research, well done.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You migth want to look at google video and search for "denver airport" , right now im having problem accessing google video or i would post the link right away.
Make sure you look the capstone, then try to tell me what is the new airport commision, i still have'nt figured that out.

somthing you could wiki too is Canbera parlement (Autralia). those 2 building are suspiscious according to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've tried doing a little more research, but the internet seems to be flooded with so many copy-cat sites that I'm made little headway - I've tried and tried, but one more obilesk and I'm going completely mad.

Usually, when I can afford to travel, I make note of things that just instictually "catch my attention" and photograph or sketch them in journals - a lot of this information got lost when I relocated a couple of years ago to my current locale - a small, southern Arknasas town with little to no modern buildings.

Even the local Masonic Hall is a simple and blocky building, and the doors are gated and locked almost continuously.

I wish I had the photos from the Masonic Hall in Waco - there are two large white marble Sphinx that flank the enterance - truely remarkable works!

I'll dig a little deeper into my polaroid collection and see if I have anything else of interest.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I've tried doing a little more research, but the internet seems to be flooded with so many copy-cat sites that I'm made little headway - I've tried and tried, but one more obilesk and I'm going completely mad.

Keywords, keywords, keywords. Don't stop at just what you know. I have become pretty saavy at engine searches by experimenting. It is most definately a knack you have to develop.

Usually, when I can afford to travel, I make note of things that just instictually "catch my attention"

This is VERY important. It runs straight down my alley with Thomas Taylor's work, and the Canon. That seemingly simple operation of catching your attention is your soul recognizing the inherit elegance in the architecture, because (and this may not make sense to you now but when it does click for you it will be such an "Aha!" insight you will wonder where we have been for so long) the eye of the soul is superior to the tangibles.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Any suggestions for keywords?

I think I've exhausted my vocabulary here...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join