It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 - Google Earth Pic - Whats this??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ive just been looking closely at Area 51 on Google Earth and found a circular object which i can't identify.

Looking at it there is the main object in question to the left which appears to be see through (like frosted glass) and the corner of the white building is visible through it. It also appears to have a shadow almost the same size meaning it is not far off the ground.

To the right of the object is a circle on the ground which also looks the same size, which is just a few meters below another circle with a cross in the middle.

What dya think it is? I thought maybe a water tank but if you look around the base the water tanks are smaller and clearer with close shadows.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh my goodness that looks like a flying saucer!! Seems to be some sort of disc floating in the air. Or it could be just a huge umbrella or something :X

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I cant tell if you're just humouring me or not lol. I seriously can't tell what it is, here it is even a bit more zoomed in and you can clearly see teh distorted corner of the building through it;

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
looks like a SAT DISH

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
looks like a SAT DISH

Looks exactly like that, the wire mesh type. The other two circles to its right look like foundation and base for other dishes, now gone.

NN

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
wow! a glass SAT DISH, i dont think so, they wouldnt put one so that its overlapping a building, how would they rotate it, and why would it be made out of something see through?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks to me like a satellite dish. Think about it logically. Would the U.S. government park an alien space craft in plane view. You would think that spooks and such who are incharge of the whole E.T fiasco would see google earth as a constant thorn in their side. They must be angry about having to put all of their intergalactic vessels in their garage. But what about the circles near what you're looking at? Flying saucer VIP landing pads?

Ps. the overlapping of the building could just be one of the huge amounts of weird glitches that you can find on google earth. Often in undetailed images things seem to overlap when they're really not.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by hobo_321]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
look theres no need to be like that, im not a complete tool! I never said it was a flying saucer, just didnt know what it was. well.. i still dont buy the satellite dish, its not in the best position...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
wire mesh, not glass, nothing more

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I too believe its a satellite. You can even tell by the very first pic, that the shadow suggests it is at an angle, as if it was a satellite.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This looks alot like the top of a transparent weather ballon.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
wow! a glass SAT DISH, i dont think so, they wouldnt put one so that its overlapping a building, how would they rotate it, and why would it be made out of something see through?

Who said anything about glass?

The building may have come after the dish.

Because it may be a sat dish does not mean it has to rotate. Ever see the dish yard of your local cable/sat/phone company? You'll never see those dishes move either.

NN

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
look theres no need to be like that, im not a complete tool! I never said it was a flying saucer, just didnt know what it was. well.. i still dont buy the satellite dish, its not in the best position...

Good point, I should think a bit before I write
. What I'm really trying to say is, if there is something on or near groom lake that the government wants to keep secret, it's gonna be either like 500 feet under ground or atleast you wont recognize it as anything out of the ordinary.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Who said anything about glass?

I did! i presumed it was glass. Ok now i can see that i may be wrong, please accept my deepest apologies and so on and so forth. Im not actually arguing against the fact that its a Satellite dish/ see through weather balloon/ massive sweet wrapper/ cloaked alien spacecraft thats not quite good enough yet. I can see that now.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks to me like a simply satellite dish, nothing more. I mean don't you think that a high-tech military base would have one?

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A lot of dish antennas are made from an aluminum mesh with holes that allow the wind through and reduce the weight of the structure but capture the intended wave length of the incoming signal. You can see the collector in the centre of the dish.

Here's a small example..........

If you go look at the door on your microwave oven you can see a mesh that lets you look at the food while cooking, but the holes are the right size to block the microwaves from melting your face while you watch your popcorn.

Area 51 is an interesting place to explore though, keep the pictures coming.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm kind of just uninterested in Area 51..mainly because..the government doesn't just randomly name things. That's jsut the 51st level of top secret #...think of all the other stuff that's WAYYYYY crazier than area 51.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
See above, it's a wire mesh sat dish...

Of course, I seriously doubt they'd have a saucer out in the daytime just out in the open...even if they are there (which I seriously doubt, at least at Groom).

Also, since 911, defence-related sites are sensored and "scrubbed" in sat photos, to thwart terrorist attacks by not showing air defenses, etc. So, you really can't trust ANY post 911 sat images of such installations to not be altered.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I like the direction it points... Is that a "wind-neutral" parking position for large dishes? Many pictures I've seen of Area 51 seem to have at least one of these dishes pointing directly overhead. Is there an announced, or stories of, a satellite in geo-synchronous orbit above Area 51?

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
A satellite in geo-synchronous must be located directly above the equator. That satellite appears to be pointing almost straight up. Even if a sat in geo-sync orbit did have an altitude of 25, 000 km or whatever it is, I think the sat would have to point more southward.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join