It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a question for anyone who knows about nyc airspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i live in new jersey right accross the river from staten island ny, well i was down by the water today and i hear a helicopter coming in low and fast and it was so low the ground and myself was vibrating, finally i saw it, first through the trees i thought it was a regular state police chopper, but it turned out to be a fully camoflauged cobra attack helicopter, it was so low i even saw a brown area of cammo on it in the middle of the green, it was heading towards staten islands at a northeast course, anyone know where it may have been going?i tried to take a picture with my phone but when i found it on viewfinder it was too far and came out as a black dot in the middle of the sky.well like i said if anyone can tell me what it was doing id like that.was it on just a regular air patrol or did something happen, and it was around 7 or 7:30 pm et if that helps, and anoter thing i thought they used fighters for air patrols around the city.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well we have Fort Hamilton over here on the Brooklyn Side of The Verrazano bridge, not a lot of Helicopters there but I've seen them land there occasionally. There is also another Fort on the Staten island side but Im not even sure if its active anymore. Isn't there a big base out by you Fort Monmouth?

Pie

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
im not to sure, there might be, but why would it be going out towards ny? routine patrol?or something else....

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Couldn't tell you about NYC. I live in Newcastle, Englands but about a month ago, i got woken up at 5:35am (i remember checking) and this Chopper, what looked like an Apache (not too good with Helicopters, probably something else, but that sort of Attack Design) and it was hovering over the residential area. I watched it for about 20 minutes just flying up and down streets it seemed to be following something. Then all of a sudden it just flew off towards the Coast.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My guess is that the gunship helicopter you saw was probably part of a fleet week demonstration with the USS Intrepid etc...

check it out here

www.intrepidmuseum.org...

new topics

top topics

join