It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures From Iraq

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Checking my email today I saw the usuall forwarded posts with attachments that I usually instantly delete but for some reason and for the first time ever I actually checked out what was sent to me. To my surprise they were pictures from Iraq, not the usual doom and gloom but nice pictures that show that not everything is a blood bath over there.

I thought I'd share them with ATS.

My favorite is the one with the cat, I love cats

[edit on 20-5-2006 by d1k]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Dude...nice pictures...you know it is nice to see something coming from Iraq thats not gore...However...some of those pictures seemed like they were slightly staged and considering how adept our leaders are at stagging photographs im a lil stand offish...however...The pic with the Cat...now that was cute...I have three cats two with me and one now living with my sister...so that hit a nice lil sweet spot..

But i do have to nail you on bad form for posting the final one...the chain letter pic....Grrr...I hate chain letters....

None the less thank you very much for posting the pictures...its nice to know that while our military is full of redneck racist gun totting psychos...there are actually PEOPLE in our armed services who "feel". I feel that I can make this generalization because Im a military brat.....My da was in the Military as a pilot for near 12 years......and belive me there are a large group of psychos....But still...thanks for reminding me that there are good people trying to do good things.

Great pics

jra

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Those were nice pics for sure. I also liked the one with the cat the most too.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I got those pictures in email not long ago. The email was titled 'pictures you won't see on the news' The one with the cat is also my favorite, there is just something about it

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They are nice pics. All the soldiers are wearing the green cammie uniforms, not the DCU's that are worn over here. Maybe they're pics from the initial invasion or right afterwards, certainly not recent. I know some invading units didn't have DCU's issued yet, at the time.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've seen them many years ago - Nothing new.

Where are the NEW pics?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
I've seen them many years ago - Nothing new.

Where are the NEW pics?

You want new pics?
I posted some a while ago after my son got home.
This is a slide show, that shows in and around Basrah.. Taken 2004/5. Take a look.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There are some more images here in a thread i started in Jan 05.

(I tried to edit my last post to enter this link, but it came up blank.)

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
d1k,

Sadly, the soldier in the second photo has since passed. He was aboard one of the Marine helicopters that crashed off the coast of South Africa a few months back. He was due to rotate back stateside with only two months to go, unfortunately he never made it home.

Semper Fi
Sgt. McColley
you are missed

join