It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have 3 pcs. Ones new and no problem. The other 2 each had problems. I upgraded the memory in the Dell to 512mb but the processor always was always getting slow readings. I had the drive cleaned and swept, there was nothing. But it lagged hard.

Then we have the old compaq complete with 128 bytes of ram and a fossilized amd duron. Well anyways, I combined all the memory and put it in the presario. So I have this dinosaur with 700mb of memory but an old-ass processor.

The only problem Ive run into is on myspace. It wont play the videos there. It will play from youtube and pretty much anywhere else. It doesnt show an error on the screen. Im pretty sure everythings up to date on my side.

any advice on the media thing or anything I can do make this thing better?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
What videocard do you have in your ol' dinosaur?

Are all the drivers, codecs and updates installed?

Do you have the newest version of your BIOS?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
video card is nvidia vanta. Im sure its what came with it.

I went thru windows update and had everything checked. But I wonder if there is a sight or something that can just run a diagnostic on it and see if everythings up to date on it.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hmmm, you said you only had problem with myspace and the other places worked fine. I have no experience with any of those places. What format do they use to show the videos? Maybe you'll need to install some addon-thing? Like shockwave, flash, directx, java, quicktime, divx, or whatever-addon it needs. I'm too lazy to check what myspace needs or uses right now...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I hear ya. Same here. Tired and going to bed.

Ive gotten every media update i can find. But i scoured their site and cant find what player they use.

Oh well. Any insomniacs want me to wake up happy tomorrow, fix my problem!!!

:w::w::w:

see ya!

new topics

top topics

join