It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crop circles fact or fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
i believe that some of the really detailed and and highly precise ones may be from ufos but the others ones i feel or just kids messing around some of my friends just recently made some crop circles in pima arizona in some old guys field we grabed a video camera and watched al te people comming out to pay their homage to the aliens that made and we laughed knowing that people can easily be fooled by some foolish pranklol my freinds have their own little crop circle crew and have made several that even people from the seti home project have looked at wich makes me believ that alot of crop circles are just pranks but i can explain the really huge an dperfect ones though

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People in the middle of nowhere have alot of time on their hands....they arn't hard to do. You do wonder why intelligent alien beings would travel light years to Earth so they could do a pretty pattern in a corn field. I'm definately not ruling it out though.

jra

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
i just think they are all made by people. not nessecarily all by kids though. it does require some good geometry skills. but i haven't seen one cropcircle that couldn't have been done by people.

like earthtone said. why would aliens travel all this way to make graffiti in our fields? it doesn't make much sence. there are better wasy to communicate something if they wanted to do so.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You can go to crop circle maker websites, they tell you how they are made. People can make elaborately detailed crop circles, they even use them in advertising. They continue to get more elaborate as time goes on.

I am 100% sure that they are a hoax, that of course doesn't mean they are.

Doesn't seem logical to me that aliens would come to earth and leave designs behind, and the majority of the time in the same place in England.

Occum's Razor - simplest solution is usually the truth. Well aliens doing it is the least likely solution to crop circles. Maybe it made sense at one time before it was thought people could do them, but now it is shown it is quite easy and they can be done in a matter of hours. Seems silly to think that they were ever made by aliens.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I would pass off all crop circles as a hoax except for the fact that some rare circles wind up with twisted wheat stems on the affected vegetation.

www.cccrn.ca...

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Any idea if they searched the rest of the field where the crop circle was and neighbouring fields to see if these rare twisted stems also showed up there?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have no idea. I'm not too keen on following crop circle reports as most of it is bunk. I believe that these rare cases of twisted stems could be UFO landing activity. After all, the randomness of the events means that at least a few landings will be in a field of wheat. The grand majority certainly are false though.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
but even the devil has a face so i cannot judge the intentions of the responses...
i can say the intentions behind the initial letters from us are way in left field...
but you be the judge...
www.amo.net and they recieved a response from ebe's in the form of an inteligently constructed crop circle...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would put put cropcyrclemaking in the top ten of stupid hobbys..

to me its a fact that they are manmade....verry artistic though..

Spot

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Some crop circles are more mathematically advanced then the morons that claim to make them. I can't see Billy Joe Bob and his cousin Earl drinkin' a case of Old Milwaukee� and gettin' a crazy idea to make one of them thar crop cirlces....

btw...shadowhart....are you afraid of puntuation and Capital letters? Just a question.

top topics

join