It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Law May Require Non-Muslims to Wear Badges (Source Retracted)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Maybe, instead of worrying about a trumped up story about Iran, we should focus our attention on an area where every single night men are being taken from their homes and killed because of their religion. Note what I said, taken from their own homes never to return. Their widows, mothers and surviving family members can't even recover their dead bodies from the morgue because it is ran by the religious faction doing the killing. And unlike Iran, which is an independent country with the rights to pass any religious laws they so choose, this one is an occupied country. I think we should get the U.N. involved in this particular area, because human rights atrocities are taking place and the occupying forces can't or won't stop it.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

P.S. I urge you to read all three pages of this article.

[edit on 5-22-2006 by Valhall]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I know that is not the Topic of this thread, but it clearly shows the Hypocrisy of Some members, which claim to be Open Minded and which claim to Deny Ignorance. But in the end, nobody really gives a damn, what is going on in Saudi Arabia - we must remain Focused on the "Terrorist Rouge Nations", right?

Abuses against freedom of religion

• The Government continued to detain non-Muslims engaged in worship services. Between June and August 2001 in Jeddah, 14 Christians were arrested and imprisoned for months, reportedly on charges of conducting public worship services and attempting to proselytize. Early in 2002, 11 of the detainees were deported and, in March 2002, the remaining 3 Christians, 2 Ethiopians and 1 Filipino, were deported. Prior to their release, they claimed in a publicly and internationally circulated e-mail letter that some of them had been tortured by the authorities while in prison.

• In early 2002 in the eastern city of Abqaiq, 2 Filipino Christian residents were arrested and imprisoned in Dammam for conducting a Roman Catholic prayer group in their home. In April 2002, the 2 Filipinos were sentenced to 150 lashes and deportation following a 30-day jail sentence, allegedly for their religious beliefs. They were deported in late May 2002.

• In April 2002, Saudi police and Mutawwa'in detained a total of 26 Christians in successive raids on 2 private houses where worship services were being held in a residential area of downtown Riyadh. One of those originally arrested later reported that after 2 days, 23 of the Christians were released, but that 3, 1 Sudanese and 2 Sri Lankans, were kept in detention and moved to another Riyadh prison. Their Saudi sponsors believe that the three men probably will be deported following a trial. Following these raids, the authorities returned to one of the private houses and confiscated chairs, Bibles, musical instruments, a microphone, and curtains that they ripped from the walls.

• In May 2002, Saudi police and Mutawwa'in detained a total of 11 Christians, including foreign nationals from both Ethiopia and Eritrea, then living in the Jeddah area at the end of the period covered by this report. They allegedly had been engaged in activities that violated restrictions against public worship. Of the 11, 3 had been deported and 8 remained in prison.

• Proselytizing by non-Muslims, including the distribution of non-Muslim religious materials such as Bibles, is illegal. Muslims or non-Muslims wearing religious symbols of any kind in public risk confrontation with the Mutawwa'in. Under the auspices of the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, approximately 50 so-called "Call and Guidance" centers employing approximately 500 persons work to convert foreigners to Islam. Some non-Muslim foreigners convert to Islam during their stay in the country. According to official reports, 942 foreign workers converted to Islam in the past year. The press often carries articles about such conversions, including testimonials. The press as well as government officials publicized the conversion of the Italian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia in late 2001.

• Under Shari’a conversion by a Muslim to another religion is considered apostasy, a crime punishable by death if the accused does not recant. Sadeq Mallallah was a Saudi executed for merely owning a Bible!

Just a "Short" list of the RELIGIOUS Freedoms, which are being enjoyed in Saudi Arabia. But apparently that is Fine and Dandy, since Saudi Arabia, is a Big USA Ally, and they can do whatever the funk they want, and nobody will touch them or even say a word against them. And I think that the Abuses against the Freedom of Religion in Saudi Arabia are not just a Mild version - this is Hardcore Sha'ria Law in full effect.

Why are people (like the author of this Thread) not Enraged and Shocked by this FACTS, mentioned above - but rather planet some Fake News, about Iran, which turn out to be not true at all?

Oh yeah, I forgot - Saudi Arabia is a Islamic Theocratic Monarchy - and the most powerful institution is Committee for the Propagation of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice - in short, a RELIGIOUS POLICE. Can you guess where else this Religious Police is very strong? Can you say Taliban?

Here is the Latest in RELIGIOUS FREEDOMS in Saudi Arabia:

Catholic priest arrested and expelled from Riyadh

"A Catholic Indian priest had just celebrated mass in a private house April 5, 2006, when seven religious policemen (mutawwa') broke into the house.... The Saudi religious police are well known for their ruthlessness; they often torture believers of other religions who are arrested. AsiaNews sources said there were around 400,000 Indian Catholics in Saudi Arabia who were denied pastoral care. Catholic foreigners in the country number at least one million: none of them can participate in mass while they are in Saudi Arabia. Catechism for their children – nearly 100,000 – is banned."

Or you want to check out, what happens in Saudi Arabia, if a Girl-School gets on fire and the schoolgirls are not wearing the CORRECT dress code, when they are running from this fire?

Saudi police 'stopped' fire rescue

Friday, 15 March, 2002

Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers.

In a rare criticism of the kingdom's powerful "mutaween" police, the Saudi media has accused them of hindering attempts to save 15 girls WHO DIED in the fire on Monday.

One witness said he saw three policemen "beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya".

A little older news, but it sure puts the Saudi Arabian definiton of Women's Rights and Religious Freedoms in the Right Perspective. So, who wants to REMOVE this OPPRESIVE Regime in Saudi Arabia, like the Taliban regime was removed?

Remember, Osama is a SAUDI!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Souljah,

Wait! You've missed the point. Saudi does nasty religious discrimination stuffies, but they don't have any desire to go nuclear.

Will Saudi Acquire Nuclear Weapons?

Well, okay, maybe they want them, but they haven't been doing any deals to get them. That's the difference.

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia in Secret Nuke Pact

Okay, okay, but just wanting something and inquiring about it isn't the same as taking action on it. THAT's the difference.

Saudies secretly launched nuke program in 2003

Saudi Arabia working on secret nuke program with Pakistan help

But wait! The PAKISTANI's deny they have helped Saudi any....

Pakistan rejects report on N-help to Saudis

saying...

Dismissing the report, the foreign office spokeswoman here said, “Pakistan has a unilateral commitment to non-proliferation. As a responsible nuclear state, Pakistan has taken all measures to strengthen its export control.”

And we all know that's true! *
* Because they're our buddies too! So, there!

Oh crap...wait, Pakistan denied giving Iran, Libya and North Korea nuclear technology as well!

Pakistan: Experts Suspect Nuclear Trail From Islamabad To Iran, Libya, North Korea

Now didn't Libya blow the lid off that lie??? hmmm

Okay, I don't know what the difference is...oh, yeah, I do. Because they're our buddies! SO STOP PICKING ON THEM!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
i'm quite surprised no one has mentioned the fact that non jews in isreal have different colour number plate as jews. isn't this exactly the kind of "nazi" behavior that iran is being falsely accused of?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Valhall,

don't you find it just a bit hypocritical, that Saudi Arabia can do whatever they want and call that Sharia - yet nobody really speaks openly agains that?

If I remember correctly, the Taliban in Afganistan did NOT want any Nukes either - yet they got carpet bombed to stone age. Why? Because they practised the same or a little milder version of Sharia, which Saudi Arabia also does? Or was it, because Taliban crashed those planes in WTC and Pentagon? I am still somehow puzzled over the deal with Afganistan - and as we know, there is NO CONTROL whatsoever in there; just some pockets of US and Coalition forces, which only control their way from the tent to latrine. Everything around the Camp Chaos is Wild Wild Afganistan.

Same thing in Iraq - Coalition forces are fortified in their Green Zones and Camps, but when they leave their fortresess and enter REAL Iraq, they are not in control of anything! It is just an Illusion of Control and an Illusion of Democracy and an Illusion of Freedom - we all have became Numb to news of slaughter, death and chaos coming from Iraq.

Yet Iraq and Afganistan DESERVED to be "Liberated".

Well I have gotten way off topic yet again - but this is my point. Saudi Arabia does not even need any Nukes, since they got half of US Air Forces parked on their soil - and I think that their alliance with the USA is really a big plus for them, since they can get away with whatever they do in their country - like the practise of "Religous Freedoms" mentioned earlier. They are pretty much untouchable, since if somebody would do anything against them, they would have the USA-pitbull on their necks.

So I ask again - what was the reason for the removal of Taliban? Al-Qaeda? Their Religious Police? What? If those reasons for war in Afganistan are real, then why do not they apply to Saudi Arabia, since we all know Osama is a Saudi, the Majority of the 9-11 "Hijackers" were Saudi and Al-Qaeda has a lot of cells in Saudi Arabia - yet, they remaind Untouchable.

USA Hypocrisy at its BEST!

Few handshakes with King of Saud and problem is Solved!

But in case of Iran - well, ofcourse they want to have Nukes, since having Nukes means that USA can not touch you anymore. If you have Nukes it means, that you join the Big Boys Club, like India and Pakistan, and that means that you gain advantage, since no fool would want to invade a country with nukes. And the US goverment knows that, so they better hurry with their "Regime Change", if they want to get something done, before Iran performs a nuclear test.

But that is just one part of the story. The more frightening part, is a country which is completly Independant from Dollar or Petro-Dollar, and which has ALOT of natural resources, such as Oil and Natural Gas. That ofcourse is completly non-tolerable. That is even worse then having nukes! A country with a complete economic independance from USA?

Any we have all seen, how many News come out of Iran lately - it really does not matter if they are true anymore; lies, half-truths, deceptions, fake-news - everything counts! Then let the "enemy" deny them. The effect is a very efficient media news bombardment, which creates an image of "Rouge Terrorist Nation", which will sooner or later (better sooner) HAVE to be removed, to preserve the Peace in Middle East. I can feel how people are getting prepared for something. Yet I find it funny, that 2 years ago nobody knew where Iran was in the first place! Strange how the number of anti-Iranian propaganda has increased in the last half year of 1 year. Very efficient Psy-Ops I must admit!

[edit on 22/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
As for the Iranian situation, my question is Why is there all this propoganda surround this country at this time? Saudi Arabia is much worse in many respects, yet it's considered to be an "Ally" of sorts.

Your strings are being pulled... sad to see really...

And you don't think it has anything to do with the Iranian regime making statements about the destruction of israel and other countries?

Yes, Saudi Arabia has problems too, and it is an Islamic country ruled by Sharia, but the rulers of SAudi Arabia have not made statements to wipe Israel off the map, or make the United States, or any other country, burn if Iran is not allowed to go nuclear....

Yes, I can see your strings are being pulled.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Wow, so that's your anwser...calling me a nazi?....

I didnt call you a Nazi, but I implied it

Your attempt at being a smartass has just made you a dumbass...

Uh-oh, thats a breach of the T&C. Ive had a warning for much less than that...

First of all i am Hispanic, which for your information is a minority group...something which all Nazis hated/hate, second the U.S. has in power several people who belong to minority groups, which again demonstrates that your lying tongue, and fingers, and those like yourself try to resort to this tactic, are babling about something you obviously don't know....

Who cares? The 'Nazi' epithet is bandied about by your Neocon idols to describe the likes of Saddam Hussein through to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Are these guys Aryan? If not, your point is rubbish.

Well, as can be seen in your attempt to label me as a Nazi, there is a reason for me believing that you were resorting to the same stupid tactics you always try to use.

Tissue?

Nice try at taking the subject off a tangent.....

Ah so we should keep to the subject of posting articles of Zionist propaganda?

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just curious as to "source retracted" was added to this thread.

The second article from The National Post on Saturday May 20 doesn't state anywhere in the article that they have retracted it.

The headline of the article states that the Iranian Embassey denies it. Not the National Post.

www.canada.com...

The Post is not publishing today as it is Victoria Day(National Holiday) here in Canada, maybe there will be something tomorrow.

There was no retraction of this story in yesterday's post either.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I didnt call you a Nazi, but I implied it

Same thing, playing with semantics....

Uh-oh, thats a breach of the T&C. Ive had a warning for much less than that...

If I get a warning, i expect you to get one too...

Who cares? The 'Nazi' epithet is bandied about by your Neocon idols to describe the likes of Saddam Hussein through to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Are these guys Aryan? If not, your point is rubbish.

Do you know the difference

Tissue?

Oh boy...yes subs I am going to cry because of your tactics......

Ah so we should keep to the subject of posting articles of Zionist propaganda?

Zionist propaganda?.... I wonder who is really the "Nazi"....

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Zionist propaganda?.... I wonder who is really the "Nazi"....

Yes this article is zionist propaganda as proven in Gool's excellent thread: Who is behind the Iranian Coloured Badges Psy-Ops Story?

And being anti-zionist, as I most certainly will admit to wholeheartedly, has nothing to do with Nazism. FYI, the Nazi's were out to exterminate the Jews, not Zionists. Zionists can be Christian (Neo-cons), muslim (though doubtful), or atheists. I personally do not hold anything against the Jews. The actions of the Zionists are abhorrent and do not represent Judaism at all. Much the same as I have nothing against Muslims because of the actions of Al-Qaeda, extremists etc.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I figure zionist, imperialist, force globalism, its all the same boat to me. Tey are all expansionists looking for land to acquire and tax!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I figure zionist, imperialist, force globalism, its all the same boat to me. Tey are all expansionists looking for land to acquire and tax!

Exactly DYepes.

The neo-cons jumped on the Christian Zionism bandwagon for a few reasons. Firstly, and most notably, because Christian Zionism is rife amongst the religious right in the US. Pandering to the Zionists got the Neo-cons elected to the White House. Plus you dont get elected in the United States if the Israeli lobby doesnt say so.

Secondly, the target of the Zionists are muslims. The Neocons needed a perpetual war which Straussianism demands. The Neocons found it in fighting "Islamic terrorism", which Zionism is largely responsible for creating.

Thirdly, whilst targeting the Zionist's enemies in the Middle East the Neocons could secure access to the World's Oil reserves.

It's a match made in heaven (hell) and is carried out in the name of securing Israel from agression. When ever this line is questioned they resort to name calling e.g. anti-semites, Nazis. When ever they are called before the UN, the United States vetoes every resolution critical of them. As a last resort, the memory of the Holocaust is dragged up to deflect any remaining criticism of this expansionist, terrorist, illegal behaviour.

The sad thing is, it works like a charm.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And being anti-zionist, as I most certainly will admit to wholeheartedly, has nothing to do with Nazism. FYI, the Nazi's were out to exterminate the Jews, not Zionists. Zionists can be Christian (Neo-cons), muslim (though doubtful), or atheists. I personally do not hold anything against the Jews. The actions of the Zionists are abhorrent and do not represent Judaism at all. Much the same as I have nothing against Muslims because of the actions of Al-Qaeda, extremists etc.

I find it extremely ironic that people like yourself have in the past labeled "errors from the liberal media" only as "mistakes" yet when this story developed and in the original story they mention "colored badges" which is the only thing that cannot be corroborated from other sources and you call it "zionist propaganda"?.....

You are so predictable is not even funny.

The only thing that cannot be corroborated from other sources is the "colored badges" part of the original story, pretty much every other part can be corroborated.

A new bill has been accepted by the Iranian parliament which will be in line with traditional Islamic Identification dress code for the whole country, not only to Muslims like some people are claiming.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The neo-cons jumped on the Christian Zionism bandwagon for a few reasons. Firstly, and most notably, because Christian Zionism is rife amongst the religious right in the US. Pandering to the Zionists got the Neo-cons elected to the White House. Plus you dont get elected in the United States if the Israeli lobby doesnt say so.

BS.... Was someone talking about "trumped up stories"?...

BTW, this story is not about your hatred of zionism, Israel, or the United States, this story is about the dress code in Iran which is being enforced, and the Iranian president himself said is for Islamic Identification in line with the traditional dress code.....

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddibthe Iranian president himself said is for Islamic Identification in line with the traditional dress code.....

Yes, the Islamic Republic of Iran is requiring a dress code for Muslims. No word on minorities, as has been stated relentlessly.

Mr. Kermanian said the subject of "what to do with religious minorities" came up during debates leading up to the passing of the dress code law.

"It is possible that some ideas might have been thrown around," he said.

"But to the best of my knowledge the final version of the law does not demand any identifying marks by the religious minority groups."

Iranian embassy denies dress code

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

BTW, this story is not about your hatred of zionism, Israel, or the United States, this story is about the dress code in Iran which is being enforced, and the Iranian president himself said is for Islamic Identification in line with the traditional dress code.....

Incorrect, this story is baseless propaganda. It has been disproven by Western, Iranian and even Israeli sources.

This law only suggests that muslim women in Iran should wear traditional Islamic attire. It has absolutely no bearing on non-muslims living in Iran.

This piece of propaganda has failed to drum up the Nazi specter and I for one am happy it illustrates the depths of depravity the neo-con/Zionists will go to.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Yes, Saudi Arabia has problems too, and it is an Islamic country ruled by Sharia, but the rulers of SAudi Arabia have not made statements to wipe Israel off the map, or make the United States, or any other country, burn if Iran is not allowed to go nuclear....

Have the Taliban Leaders, which ruled Afganistan prior 9-11 2001 made any statments to wipe Isreal off the map?

Actually, Saudi Arabia is even worse in Sharia Law then Taliban were - since they were having Saudi Laws for their Role Models for their Laws.

So how come, that Suadi Regime is not being removed?

They BEAT UP schoolgirls, for running away from fire, not DRESSED PROPERLY!

One witness said he saw three policemen "beating young girls to prevent them from leaving the school because they were not wearing the abaya".

Or they can get you EXECUTED for even Owning a Bible!

Why are you defending them - and in the same breath attacking some bogus story from Iran, which has prooved not to be true after all?

I find that kind of Hypocritical.

[edit on 23/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Also Ahmadinejad never said "Israel should be wiped off the map". His remarks were intentionally misinterpreted from what he actually said. In light of this latest propaganda hit piece its easier to understand the mentality of these hit pieces of "journalism".

The same cannot, however, be said of Peres who clearly threatend to wipe Iran off the map. Why no uproar over the "dovish" Shimon Peres's clear threat to annihilate 70 million people with Israels ILLEGAL nuclear weapons? Paid for by American tax dollars may I add.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It might be easier for you to deny it since you seem not to want to believe what this man has said....

Anyways, i know many people around here only would believe one source, so here it is....

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Wednesday for Israel to be "wiped off the map, saying it is a "disgraceful blot", reported The Associated Press.

The Iranian President was addressing thousands of students at a "World without Zionism" conference, when he also condemned Iran's neighbors that have relations with Israel. "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury," state-run television quoted the President as saying.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
You've just proved the point, Muaddib.

He actually said the Zionist leaders of Israel need to be destroyed. Thats completely different from saying that "Israel should be wiped off the map", dont you think?

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Wednesday for Israel to be "wiped off the map, saying it is a "disgraceful blot", reported The Associated Press.

And notice how, even in your source, that the quotation fails to incorporate the "Israel" into the quote? It clearly only quotes "wiped off the map", because he was refering to the Zionist bigot leadership of Israel, not the 6 million odd civilians who live there. Why doesnt the quote read "Israel should be wiped off the map" and not simply "wiped off the map"? Why the ambiguity? Why? Because he never said that "Israel should be wiped off the map". It's all propaganda as proven possible by this thread.

But, as you did with this threads original story (more like fairytale), you bought it hook line and sinker

[edit on 23/5/06 by subz]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join