It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOU a Viet Nam Veteran?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

NAM VETS are tough MFs

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Did I chime in on this thread?....I was listening to Dave Rabbit in the 60's....growing up in the golden years in Irving.....was it KLIF 1190....

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

What has anything to do with NAM :-|

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dave Rabbit

On the air on KLIF back in 67 or so, a DJ remarked one morning for everyone to go look outside....twas summertime.....and said the sky was full of UFO lights all above Dallas filling the sky......I heard it in the car leaving for Colorado.....when we got back, everyone in the hood was different and reluctant to talk about it.....any recall of that?

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I have an uncle who is a Marine and was a drill seargent in vietnam and he taught me a lesson.Always hold true to your purpose in life and be frugal do not show off for it is a weakness.

edit on 12-2-2019 by goku2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: NelysStar
I think it's horrible that we have a national holiday for Veterans, yet the majority of those who "served their counrty" are now homeless and disregarded by humanity.

But then again....they chose to SERVE.

Serve...... = SLAVE.

I am a Vietnam vet. I am not nor have I ever been homeless. I also believe that most vets, now or then, are "not'" homeless or "disregarded." In fact, I have encouraged all of my children to serve our country in some capacity. In your mind, does this make me and family lower class?

The only thing that is obvious in your statement is you don't know many vets. Yes, I chose to serve. Do you think that it was an error or stupid?

I feel that you are of the same ilk that threw feces, urine and spit that returning GIs. You hold the vets responsible for the actions of the government but you can't spit at politicians without going to jail. You attack the easiest targets that has no recourse for you. What does this say about you and your statements?

Same same here and well said.. There was recourse committed on some of the one's who name called and used bodily fluids as a weapon when the cameras were not there.. One recourse guy spent the rest of his life in prison (as far as I know) for beating 3 guys and killing one in a bar fight..

Nam hurt the country in many different ways but many of the soldiers were hurt the most mentally by what they felt was betrayal by the people like Hanoi Jane and their own government . ...

I am glad I served, glad I did something that gave me employment after I left the service in 77 after 8.5 years in; 4 years total S.E. Asia. I was offered a great position with a 2 star if i wanted to say in the service.. I told him when Nam fell I basically hung up my guns on fighting a war anymore for anyone except myself. We won our battles and the politicians are the ones' who made sure we would lose the war.

Fast forward to today. Viet Nam is a great place to visit and party. May Xpats are making a home there. Viet Nam ended Pol Pot's terror upon his own people so who would have thought the world would turn out like it did ?

I remember a Thai Col. asking me if I thought there would be an invasion Of Thailand ? The popular theory back then was the communist domino effect; where all of S.E. Asia would fall. I asked him if he had a passport as Vietnamese passports were hard to get before Nam fell and only those with 10,000 USD could get one.. He said he would get his Thai passport as soon as he could as that was probably a good idea. I also told him since he was a someone with political connections.... that regardless of what the USA ambassador was saying I would not depend on the USA to come riding in to save the day if TSHTF...

Luckily after Cambodia the Vietnamese went back home to sort their own internal problems out.. Laos went communist and is to this very day an OK poverty stricken place to visit that IMO is mostly owned by China..

I feel sorry for all the people who sacrificed life and limb for a war that should have never happened..but if it was worthy of being fought then by damn it was worthy of winning, completely..

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
USAF Vietnam Veteran here.
Dang I'm still in Asia.

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
lol Japan doesnt count now

I studied in Kansai and speak okay Japanese.
Its so western its funny

And I dont mind

Its a good mix of east and west.

Cue John lennon and yoko ono

What a funny island

a reply to: musicismagic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join