It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$87 Billion not all for Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The proposal includes $65.6 billion in military funding and $20.3 billion for the reconstruction of Iraq.

Link

They seem to just be using Iraq as a means for more military spending. Doesn't the DoD have enough billions already? What is going on here? America is being severly raped from every angle. The national debt will never be paid off and all these children want is more money that doesn't exist. What's the deal here? What are they thinking? Obviously, not planning for the long term so what's so important in the short term? How can we keep letting these power kiddies get away with this crap? What use is Congress anyway?

Oh yea, and wouldn't want Cheney to go without his $500,000.

(at least they didn't ask for $66.6 billion on military spending
)

[Edited on 10-19-2003 by uIVIa]

[Edited on 10-19-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All partisanship aside, someone needs to try to make them honest men. This is just another example of the mentality of the current administration. Myself and my children will be paying back the billions of dollars for many years to come, and it would be nice to see Mr. Cheney donate that money back into the budget to reduce this debt. Why not, they created it.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
beergoggles

Unfortunately, the debt created by Cheney and lesser puppets is in part destined for the coffers of their cronies in Halliburton and any other no-bid contract winners.

In a calculated risk scenario I am not sure even the hyper-inflated pricing on insanely mismanaged project undertakings authorized by the CPA to launder war profits will actually turn the accounting tide for the crony capitalists at any level - government, enterprise or development results in Iraq.

But I like the term that Colonel coined, to "DISGORGE" the profits from Cheney and others and their estates, and return them to their rightful owners.

Check out the top of page 2 here for info on gasoline pricing in Iraq. It is one of the unfunnier things going unreported that has come out of the criminality so far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Where I think the American public's outrage will be seen most and the change will start will be in the daily body counts of American soldiers. This will turn the tide of sentiment enough for those responsible to be brought to stand for their crimes. All of this will be a result of the actions in that region. We are pissing them off. And for what? greed and cronyism? It amazes me that this is going on right in front of the world stage. We must look like a group of bloodthirsty goons stripping yet another country of it�s culture and wealth.
What recourse do we have if even our own elected representatives can't do anything about it?
Short of impeachment and a criminal trial, I unfortunately don't think that anything will be done.
I think Colonel is on to something.

Half-baked rant over.

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have an idea lets get France and all the other left wing governments in the world to chip in some money.

They care about the suffering Iraqi people right?

They are above partisan politics right?

Let's have all the bleeding hearts pay more, the ones that cried about all the innocent Iraqi's being killed and maimed. This is your chance to stand up and be counted, dig deep for justice!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Actually, I'm quite sure given the extent of the Muslim population in France, and their general populace's desire for peace and good order, that the per capita rate of French person's digging into their pockets for relief funds when asked, may be much higher than that of North America.

We will have to wait and see.

Crony capitalism and illegal war profiteering stink, and they are indefensible.

new topics

top topics

join