It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Radio Station Attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A Christian radio station in Nairobi, Kenya has just been attacked. At least one person has been shot dead and the studio was set on fire. The station was airing a program where muslims who have converted to Christianity talked about their experiences. Church leaders are now praying at the scene.

Nationmedia.com: Radio station under attack

5/13/2006

Christian radio station HOPE FM has been attacked. The Radio station is affiliated with the Nairobi Pentecostal church. The suspected petrol bombing occurred at around 10.30 p.m, Kenyan time. One person - a guard - has been confirmed dead, while two others are critically injured. Police said hooded men tied one guard, whom they later shot, and gained entry into the premises, where they carried out the attack. The Nairobi fire brigade were called in to put off fire at the scene. Church leaders, who have gathered for an emergency meeting, are praying at the scene.

At the time of the attack, the station was airing a program yesu ndiye njia (Jesus is the way) where Muslims who have converted to Christianity were talking about their past experiences

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently someone didn't like the show. Maybe someone who don't like Freedom of speech or someone who don't like that muslims are converting to Christianity.

Related Links:
Country profile: Kenya (BBC)
BBC: Police raids - watershed for Kenya (from 3 March 2006)

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That's sad.
I feel sorry for them, I hope people their learn to tolerate all religions, that usually don't harm people. I also hope they keep their traditions too. I fail to see the conflict, isn't it all the same God/The Creator/Wanka Tanka/Zues/Thor/Oasis/etc. at the end of the day all people eventaully pray to, at least once in their lives?

But no one innocent deserves to be attacked physically for their beliefs, unless they plan to hurt the innocent, especially children.

That's just my 2 Euros.
Forget dollars, American Currency is going broke.

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Religious leaders in Mombasa condemned the attack on the radio station and calls for two parallel investigations, one by religious leaders and one by the Government.

Nationmedia.com: Arrest culprits behind attack, clerics demand

5/15/2006

Religious leaders in Mombasa condemned the attack on Hope FM in Nairobi on Friday night. The secretary-general of the Council of Imams and Preachers of Kenya, Sheikh Mohamed Dor and Mombasa Catholic Vicar-General Michael Ruwa, yesterday said the invasion was "barbaric". Speaking in Mombasa, Monsignor Ruwa called for swift investigations into the attack to stop any speculations. Sheikh Dor blamed the raid on insecurity and called for two parallel investigations, one by the Government and the other religious leaders.

"We preach love, the fear of God and tolerance among all the people all the time. No life or property should ever be lost because of differences arising from religious beliefs," the bishop said. He said the people who took part in the attack and those who masterminded it were "enemies of the society".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"No life or property should ever be lost because of differences arising from religious beliefs". Wise words

join