It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mini giant awakens: 'Iran can also be wiped off the map' - Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Israel is starting to speak up, and frankly I like it.

'Iran can also be wiped off the map'

Vice Premier Shimon Peres said Monday in an interview to Reuters that "the president of Iran should remember that Iran can also be wiped off the map," Army Radio reported.

According to Peres, "Teheran is making a mockery of the international community's efforts to solve the crisis surrounding Iran's nuclear program."

"Iran presents a danger to the entire world, not just to us," Peres added.

Peres' vehement expressions came the same day that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly wrote to US President George W. Bush proposing "new solutions" to their differences in the first letter from an Iranian leader to an American president in 27 years, government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said Monday.

The world needs to take its head out of the sand, the last time a world leader used the same rhetoric that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been using was in 1938 by a man called "Hitler", and we all know where that led. And remember: Hitler didnt have nuclear power or the oil reserves Iran has.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What amazes me here is that this comment came from a man who has always been a dove. This isn't Sharon saying this, or Netanyahu, or anyone else who can be called a warmonger. This is Peres.

It just brings to mind that perhaps Israel got tired of Iran's pathetic rhetoric which is actually reminiscent of a 3rd grader yelling "I can kick your butt" at the other children in the park.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
But they'd still expect dumb Americans to do it for them

They haven't been buying congress critters all these years for nothing

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

"Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?" Obi Wan Kenobi

The British, good ole' side kicks they are...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I very much doubt that the yehudis have the ability ot 'wipe iran off the map', sure they have nukes and can use those, but outside of that, they dont' have the ability.

Also, the US simply isn't going to permit the yehudis to participate on their side in any war in the middle east, short of an all out Islam versus Jesusland war, because that's what such an alliance would precipiate.

Also, the yehudis can't even control the palestinians, how could the occupy iran???

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

LOL.... yeah, whatever... You may get a surprise if this war kicks off after Tony Blair has left Downing Street.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
What amazes me here is that this comment came from a man who has always been a dove. This isn't Sharon saying this, or Netanyahu, or anyone else who can be called a warmonger. This is Peres.

It just brings to mind that perhaps Israel got tired of Iran's pathetic rhetoric which is actually reminiscent of a 3rd grader yelling "I can kick your butt" at the other children in the park.

I disagree, I don't think the rhetoric of Nejad is either stupid, pathetic or childish. I think first of all the rhetoric does what very few Middle Eastern leaders have done, but what has been happening to them as well as their faith. That is that is serves as a kind of serious and severe propaganda. Even the way he said it has even garnered support from many in the West, who have challenged the mainstream beliefs about Israel.

It pulls the middle eastern people on his side making it even more costly for the stooge leaders, especially the Arab leaders to go against them. It stops the middle eastern people from rushing to except Israel's existence which means the same thing for their leaders. Israel's existence or the acceptance of it is a fragile thing, but because of alot of convincing propaganda, many people were getting ready to accept them, now it's very difficult.

It sends a warning to the other warmongering state which is Israel. Before Nejad became president and when Iran was more appeasing Israel was calling for a war, now they have to think will there be consequences. The consequences are deeper then in the region. I read an article where they expressed regret at bush claiming that the main reason for the war was Israel. They felt it would bring backlash against Israel. But those calling for war have to think about the consequences on a deep scale. If Iran goes down their obviously taking people with them.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

LOL.... yeah, whatever... You may get a surprise if this war kicks off after Tony Blair has left Downing Street.

you dont have to tell us that, it isnt news......The brits have openly said they will not participate in this war.....of course I cant really blame them. IF I was in charge I think id let Iran have the nukes.....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I disagree, I don't think the rhetoric of Nejad is either stupid, pathetic or childish.

How can anybody give you any credibility when you start you post with that

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Israel is starting to speak up, and frankly I like it.

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding you here. I don't like talk, or counter-talk of any country being wiped off the map. Seems hypocritical to wag the finger at Iran for saying it, and then tip the hat to Israel saying it back. There are millions of people in both countries, not all of them on either side are fanatics. You're an intelligent person, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the majority are folks like you and me, just trying to scrape through life with children, pets, etc. They are just caught in the middle of some pretty lame circumstances and I don't think they deserve to be annihilated because of their corrupt governments...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I can understand such a rhetorical comment being made, but in holding the moral high-ground advantage here, Vice Premier Shimon Peres screwed up in saying such, IMHO. What he has done is simply stooped to the rhetorical levels of others.

seekerof

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Also skip, in the spirit of my usual smartarse replies, I must ask if you really meant to post "mini giant".

I guess the whole situation is "pretty ugly", eventually a "peace force" will have to intervene in the middle east (okay, I'll stop now, lol).

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He's not saying anything that hasn't been implied or placed in some veiled threat before by that nation or its administration. The hatred in the ME is not a one-sided idea.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No one doubts that Israel has nukes or the resolve to use them if need be, but this doesn't help matters - going over the top to scare Iran.

First of all Iran is not a country that scares easily whether due to a type of collective insanity or not I don't know...

The idea now is some intelligent rhetoric about living peaceably together...

Yeah I know that this sounds like B/S but we haven't heard from Lil' Kim in awhile either have we?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Peres must not have heard Rafsanjani's comment's (link below).

The Iranian's believe that they can survive a nuclear exchange with Israel! I'm just not sure if we westerner's are understanding the suicidal/ homicidal attribute's of those sworn to our destruction.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Daily Times

Israel will hit Iran in the next few months: Israeli official

The unnamed official told Arnaud de Borchgrave, editor-in-chief of the United Press International (UPI), at the recently held national day reception at the Israeli Embassy that he believed Israel would strike Iran first in the next two or three months and that fighter bombers would not be involved as they had been to take out Iraq’s Osirak nuclear reactor before it went critical in 1981. For Osirak, Israel had used 14 F-15s and F-16s. This time, the Israeli said, it would be missiles. Asked if Israel would employ Cruise missiles, he replied, “with a gesture of his hand that went up and down again”, which meant that it would be the weapon of choice.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
The Iranian's believe that they can survive a nuclear exchange with Israel! I'm just not sure if we westerner's are understanding the suicidal/ homicidal attribute's of those sworn to our destruction.

Well of course they will survive. They are of course talking about themselves personally!
The heads of state will be the ones to survive any type of devastation like a nuclear attack. They will all be in some underground bunker or at some high altitude above the devastation. Its the poor shmucks like us who are the ones that will get the radiation burns,the radiation sickness and the mutated babies. The people who will get us into these predicaments and have the power to launch these type of attacks will be safe and extremely comfortable. We should not allow these idiots to use us as sacrificial lambs from either side.

Pie

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

If we're so dumb, how come we run the joint and not you super-smart types?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Nobody sees the conspiracy here? I know I've described this before.

Look, Israel got nukes in the sixties, did not sign the NPT and hid their nukes for decades. THEY brought mukes to the mideast so they are complete fools to think that history will not remember this.

Does anyone in the world (who isn't a Zionist or rapturist) think this state of Israel will survive when it is they who brought nuclear weapons to their neighborhood? Seems to me that if my neighbor parked an Abrams tank in his driveway and then began building a wall across my driveway, me and him would come to blows eventually. Would anyone on the street blame me?

Anyway, IMO WW3 is planned to be between Jew and Muslim so that the Abrahamists can have the globe. Simple really. In the end, it doesn't matter if Israel or Iran is nuked because afterward (if there is an afterward), the Hebrew/Islamist god, who is the same god (YHWH is Allah), will have control of the globe. This god will be in control via Sharia law or via Noahide law. They both suck for anyone who desires liberty.

Israel should apologize for bringing nukes to the mideast and cooperate with Iran so as to make peace. If they do not make peace with their neighbors, I suspect the world will hold them accountable for any nuke that goes off in the mid east. Also will the US be held accountable, unfortunately.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm not generally a huge fan of the Israeli government, but I can't really object to what Peres said. It's a simple statement of fact - Israel is almost certainly capable of reducing large chunks of Iran's landscape to irradiated rubble, and at a time when Iran's president is talking about "wiping Israel off the map" it's simple good sense to point that out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join