It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney/Rumsfeld Align with Terror Group: Engage in Year Old War Against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
According to intelligence sources, Donald Rumsfeld, under orders of Vice President Cheney, aligned with a known Iraqi terror group to perform special ops missions in Iran for much of the last year. The group, known as the Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), is a terrorist organization whose historical attacks included American targets. According to the sources, the United States has been engaged in a clandestine war with Iran for at least a year.

www.rawstory.com
The Pentagon is bypassing official US intelligence channels and turning to a dangerous and unruly cast of characters in order to create strife in Iran in preparation for any possible attack, former and current intelligence officials say.

One of the operational assets being used by the Defense Department is a right-wing terrorist organization known as Mujahedeen-e Khalq (MEK), which is being “run” in two southern regional areas of Iran. They are Baluchistan, a Sunni stronghold, and Khuzestan, a Shia region where a series of recent attacks has left many dead and hundreds injured in the last three months.

One former counterintelligence official, who wished to remain anonymous due to the sensitivity of the information, describes the Pentagon as pushing MEK shortly after the invasion of Iraq in 2003. The drive to use the insurgent group was said to have been advanced by the Pentagon under the influence of the Vice President’s office and opposed by the State Department, National Security Council and then-National Security Advisor, Condoleezza Rice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know enough about this group to say what I think about that yet, but the parts of the article that really caught my attention were:

...the newly renamed MEK soldiers are being run instead of military advance teams...

“We are already at war...”

...the clandestine war had been going on for roughly a year and included unmanned drones run jointly by several agencies.

Looks like the train left the station long ago....

No wonder we are all being prepped so strenuously...

[edit on 14-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Tehran insider tells of US black ops

A former Iranian ambassador and Islamic Republic insider has provided intriguing details to Asia Times Online about US covert operations inside Iran aimed at destabilizing the country and toppling the regime - or preparing for an American attack.

"The Iranian government knows and is aware of such infiltration. It means that the Iranian government has identified them [the covert operatives] but for some reason does not want to show [this]," said the former diplomat on condition of anonymity.

Speaking in Tehran, the ex-Foreign Ministry official said the agents being used by the US "were originally Iranians and not Americans" possibly recruited in the United States or through US embassies in Dubai and Ankara. He also warned that such actions will engender "some reactions".

More...

I am seeing more and more of these stories...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I Read a report a few months ago about "Ex" US and Israeli special forces personnel training these MEK terrorists for operations inside Iran.
Strange that "Ex" US and Israeli military personnel would be allowed to arm and train these guys without interference and, it seems, with the blessing of some powerful people.

I'll have a search when I get home from work, if I can stay awake long enough

new topics

join