It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone please post a real ghost pic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The granny in the backseat photo, is a hoax... and here is how...

The Photo:

Why I think its a fake!

The very slight overlap of the scarf over the car bodywork, shows that this was placed in after the photo was taken.

Right I await your replies!

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That little bit that you say is an overlap could also be a reflection because it is of a different thickness and color than the scarf. Or it could be fake, who knows?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Do ghosts have reflections?

I go for the overlap every time. She also appears to be at a slightly akward angle... though she could be like Al from Quantum Leap...

Which is more likely, a ghost or a photo trickery.

It all comes down to your personal viewpoint, the evidence for me speaks for yourself.

Dan

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius

No posing for 8 seconds there unfortunately. Second there was no one that walked past that spot for quite some time. The girl with her breakfast walked by that spot about a minute prior to taking the image and I was just taking my camera out. Why it lasted 8 seconds I don't know, as I stated I'm not a photgraph expert. But it is normal that I press the button and then have to wait for it to be taken and stored on the SD card. If that has effect on those 8 seconds I don't know.

[edit on 6-4-2006 by Enyalius]

The write times to the card have nothing to do with the exposure time. You had it set on aperture priority, and the camera chose the long shutter speed to light the scene properly. At F2.8 and ISO 100, I am assuming the room was fairly dark to need that long of an exposure. I also wouldn't be surprised if the camera wasn't on a tripod. As the woman is amazingly sharp for such a long exposure.

The two people would have had to been told to hold still, or they would also be blurry. Hence, why I think this was a setup. Most people who have no idea about photography, do not set their cameras to aperture priority. Most leave them on a scene mode or on program mode.

Looks like a typical long exposure to me with movement of a person in the background. Something about the photo doesn't seem "real" with the exif data.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There was a ghost picture that I saw not too long ago. I think it was on this site, but it may have been another site. Does anyone know where this picture is: It was a picture of a ghost walking across a lady's backyard. It was a glowy lady walking across the backyard.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Best Ghost Photos Ever Taken - Part 3

Grandpa's Ghost

This photo was received from Denise Russell. "The lady in the color photo is my granny," she says. "She lived on her own until age 94, when her mind started to weaken and had to be moved to an assisted living home for her own safety. At the end of the first week, there was a picnic for the residents and their families. My mother and sister attended. My sister took two pictures that day, and this is one of them. It was taken on Sunday, 8/17/97, and we think the man behind her is my grandpa who passed away on Sunday, 8/14/84. We did not notice the man in the picture until Christmas Day, 2000 (granny had since passed away), while browsing through some loose family photos at my parents' house. My sister thought it was such a nice picture of granny that she even made a copy for mom, but still, nobody noticed the man behind her for over three years! When I arrived at my parents' house that Christmas day, my sister handed me the picture and said, "Who do you think this man behind granny looks like?" It took a few seconds for it to sink in. I was absolutely speechless. The black and white photos show that it really looks like him.

Link to the pics

[edit on 6-4-2006 by librasleep]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/7/2006 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That's awesome! It looks like she is thinking of him, since he is above her head, and her thoughts are being materialized. I was at Disney World, and it was really crowded on Main Street, and a man passed me that looked so much like my grandfather who died when I was a little girl. I snapped a picture really quick, because I wanted to know if it was a real man, or if I was just seeing something that no one else saw. He showed up in the pictures, though. It must have just been someone who looked like him.

<< 1   >>

join