It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biological Attraction: what people call love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Is the real name of love called 'Biological Attraction'?

Its also the thing that keeps the world goin round.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
IMO, Biological Attraction is a combination of many things we look for in someone, and once we see it, we often know if we can love that person (ie. love at first site). Biological Attraction isn't necessarily love, but helps us figure out if we're compatible with someone.

Love is selfless. You can love anyone, anything. Unfortunately many people mistake love for passion and they rush into things, only later to find out they were simply infatuated with a person. Broken hearts ensue.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think biological attraction is what makes us want to have sex with someone. What makes us think that someone, on some subconscious level, would be a good mate, husband or father. Love, on the other hand, is what makes us forgive and keep trying when we realize that he isn't always such a good mate, husband or father.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Good post, Lianna.

A friend of mine once said to me that loving someone is something you decide to do, and that made sense to me. Infatuation can fade, but love, I think, can have an element of commitment to it, too.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Biological attraction exist so that the species would survive...

Love is actually more complicated and involves the above biological aspects of yourself.
You can call those whatever you want but the fact is that they are there and they matter.

In my opinion love only occurs when the biological and the other parts allign and become one.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There is no doubt that there is a biological attraction in the pure desire to procreate...

The reason why men Love women who we consider beautiful is quite frankley because they look healthy, health then equals healthy offspring and heathly offspring equals a healthy mankind...

We look for traits in each other such has clear skin, beautiful eyes and flawless features because we want our offspring to have the same healthy looking features...

As for love...much more complicated...As for I right now...I am in love very deeply and spirtually and its something that cannot be explained.

Its truley what makes the earth go round...

top topics

join