It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Attack on Massachusetts Water Supply Ignored?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Does somebody want to help me out with this story, because I'm confused...

Officials: Water in Mass. Possibly Tainted

Residents of two towns were ordered to stop using water from their taps after someone broke into the area's supply facility and left behind a 5-gallon container that had an odor.

Authorities have ruled out terrorism, and the FBI has decided not to pursue the case, Dr. David Gifford, director of the Rhode Island Health Department, said Tuesday at a news conference.

The ban remained in effect while the container and water were being tested for biological or chemical contaminants, he said. Results were not expected until Wednesday at the earliest.

More...

OK, sounds simple enough. But, keep reading...

Officials said someone cut barbed wire to enter the facility late Monday, cut the lines to an alarm, and then damaged an electrical panel and a vent at the top of a 1.3-million-gallon storage tank.

The 5-gallon container was found on top of the storage tank, said Ed Coletta, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection...

North Smithfield Town Administrator Robert Lowe said Tuesday that the sophistication of the break-in unnerved him.

Isn't it odd to you that the FBI punted on this one????? They're closing schools and asking people not to drink, bath or wash clothes until further notice?????

What is going on here?

BTW, anyone catch this article? Interpol says al-Qaeda preparing to engage in biological warfare

[edit on 31-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Looks like a live exercise by the authorities. However, it is difficult to differentiate a live exercise from a probing attack. I'll be following this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hey, I live here and its not even plastered all over the news.

Somethings definatly up.

I am about 50 miles north of there (20 miles west of Boston) and dont think I am affected, but that shouldnt matter: This should all over the local news, and it isnt.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Terrorist Attack on Massachusetts Water Supply Ignored?

It wasn't ignored. It was determined that it was 2 15 year old high school students pulling a prank. Granted, that story could be made up, but that is what they have supposedly determined.

And...it has been all over the news, so I'm not sure why the gentleman from Massachusetts hasn't seen it on the news and in the papers....

I live in Arizona and I know if affected 2 towns: Blackstone, Mass. and North Smithfield, RI......

Also, why would terrorists pick 2 little communities like Blackstone and North Smithfiled to do their dirty deeds? Why not pollute a water supply that effects a major city like Boston?

Sorry....no terrorist plot here...just dumb kids doing dumb things while probably stoned..........

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
No offense to you Excitable boy...but if you think that some 15 year old pot smoking kids did this....you have never smoked weed.

I choose It over alcohol...but that is neither here nor there...what is important is this.....when your HIGH you might THINK about doing somethign like that...but actually getting up off ur burned out lazy arze is next to impossible.

That being said....and withholding any further judgment on the validity of this supposed attack.....I find it highly likely that this was a field test....a government field test to see how people would react and how the system could stand up to biological attack.

But once again this is all pure conjecture and I will be following this story for further update.

Great Post

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I too think this is just a prank... pulled some of the same idiocy myself at the appropriate age.
But that it could be done in THIS age of 'imagined' security is frightening.

I do believe that the next Al Qaeda strike will be chemical or biological... and local water supplies are a likely target

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
No offense to you Excitable boy...but if you think that some 15 year old pot smoking kids did this....you have never smoked weed.

That being said....and withholding any further judgment on the validity of this supposed attack.....I find it highly likely that this was a field test....a government field test to see how people would react and how the system could stand up to biological attack.

Sorry, pom pom, but it looks like Excitable Boy was correct about this. It was a couple of teenage punks with a 15 year old girl as a lookout that did this.

They got caught the way that 99% of naughty children get caught - they bragged about it in school.

So much for a "government field test", eh?

cbs4boston.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

LMAO....okay pompom....obviously, you're the authority on the subject!

There was a water tower in town that we actually used to climb on top of and sit and party. It was completely crazy...but if no one saw you go up, you could do whatever you wanted up there!! (it was nice and flat on top)....it's amazing no one ever fell off!

[edit on 1-4-2006 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
How did this thread degenerate into a discussion of personal drug habits?

Please refrain from that. It's against the T&C, and in general it's a bad idea. You have the right to remain silent and avoid incriminating yourself. Use it fer Chrisakes!

Besides, this topic has been discussed before, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

top topics

join