It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religeon of LOVE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would like to address something I believe is very important in our society considering so many people have the worst possible conception of "The Christ" and Jesus.

Finally Jesus, is not Jesus Christ....

he is Jesus, The Christ.

The Christ part is merely a conciousness. One which anyone can obtain, Jesus was the pattern to get there, considering we follow patterns.

and that conciousness is LOVE of all things, because it's true there is no good and bad,.. there just is this isness.

Jesus never cared about Church or Charity or Praying or any of that.... Because if you didn't honestly want to or have your heart in it, it was doing more harm to you, because of the way your NEURAL NET is set-up...
Faith is essential to life whether we want to believe it or not.. the power of thought is the only strength in the world, and backed by love our creations become pure and our thoughts are cleansed when we do as we WANT TO...

Its funny how if you reverse the word LOVE you almost get EVOLve....

I wish you people to contemplate that for awhile. Love is a far greater subject than once thought and cannot be understood in Rooms full of books on it....

The true conspiracy is this idea of GOOD and BAD... and The Vatican and Islam, and any and all who judge others... the world is projected from within, it is not absorbed from without.

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Very profound thoughts here. Thank you for your contribution. Your ideas have resonated 1000 miles away.
"All you need is Love".

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I totally agree with you. 100%.

Well said!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

he is Jesus, The Christ.

Lord Jesus, or Jesus the Lord? Messenger Jesus or Jesus the Messenger? I fail to see the reasoning behind the semantics game.

The Christ part is merely a conciousness. One which anyone can obtain, Jesus was the pattern to get there, considering we follow patterns.

and that conciousness is LOVE of all things, because it's true there is no good and bad,.. there just is this isness.

It's very creative of you to re-write the gospel, but four have already been written around Christ's time and they disagree with you.

Jesus never cared about Church or Charity or Praying or any of that....

Church - "Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."
"Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" (Luke 2:41-49)

Not only did he go to church/temple, he put in some overtime. He loved to go and was a good Jewish boy.

Charity - "And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." (Matthew 5:40-42)

"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others?..." (Matthew 5:46-47)

There's a bunch more such as giving without seeking recognition and such, but these are a sample.

Prayer - "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.' For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you." (Matthew 6:5-6:14)

Please present your records of what Jesus said as well.

Because if you didn't honestly want to or have your heart in it, it was doing more harm to you, because of the way your NEURAL NET is set-up...
Faith is essential to life whether we want to believe it or not.. the power of thought is the only strength in the world, and backed by love our creations become pure and our thoughts are cleansed when we do as we WANT TO...

Sorry to inform you, but it's not about you.

The true conspiracy is this idea of GOOD and BAD... and The Vatican and Islam, and any and all who judge others... the world is projected from within, it is not absorbed from without.

The true conspiracy is relativism.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Moving to BTS, Faith, Spirituality & Theology.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I'm a bit confused. Although the originator was preachy, he did state what he thought the conspiracy was. Makes no difference to me, but puzzled by the move.

[edit on 31-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
he did state what he thought the conspiracy was.

(emphasis added)

Personal opinion by dnero6911.

I stand to be corrected.

sanc'.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I understand. I sit and hush my mouth.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sounds very warm and fuzzy to me, however it's also a bit on the "new agey" side. We do not obtain the title of our Lord Jesus Christ. He does have an expectation for us and that is to strive to be as He was but never to be Him?! Christ is not a consciousness. He should live in our conscious and if we LOVE the way He loves then I'd say that we can do no wrong in the eyes of our Lord. Sure we can never be as perfect as He is but that IS the reason he died for us.

I'm eager know where you found in the bible that "Jesus never cared for the church or charity or prayer"

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For many years, I have said that if I were to claim a religion as my own, it would be the religion of Love. And, even though I wouldn't consider the religion of Love a "bible religion," I may even quote a scripture or two, even though I rarely do that.

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:16 - And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

It's interesting to see which words of the bible that different people choose to take literally. I choose these.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

he is Jesus, The Christ.

Lord Jesus, or Jesus the Lord? Messenger Jesus or Jesus the Messenger? I fail to see the reasoning behind the semantics game.

Sometimes semantics are distractions--but sometimes they help verbal precision--which can be important in some cases. The word Christ has nothing to do with being a messenger, anyway.

'Christ' is not a first name like 'Charles' or a last name like 'Windsor,' or even a nickname like 'Smiley.' It is a title--a position and role.

He was not Yehoshua 'Anointed'--He was Yehoshua, the Anointed.
The Christ. The Lord's Christ. (Luke 2:26)

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
(Matthew 16:16 KJV)

Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
(Matthew 16:20 KJV)

But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
(Matthew 26:63 KJV)

Mark 8:29, 14:61, Luke 3:15, 9:20, 22:67, John 1:20, 1:41, 3:28, 4:29, 4:42, 7:26, 7:41, 10:24, 11:27.

In those days of false messiahs, it was certainly a crucial point....

And seems to remain so:

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
(John 20:31 KJV)

When you were baptized, Saint4God--what was said? I remember (even though it was more than 20 years ago) that I was asked to confess that I believed that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

It may be semantics, but there is a great deal of difference between 'putting trust in' the LORD (which we should do but which is not the nature of the confession--that trust comes after the confession.) To believe that He was the Christ--the one sent by God--the chosen of God--that's the key point John was making. Believe in that God did as He promised and sent His chosen so that the world would have life. 'Have life through his name.'

It's very creative of you to re-write the gospel, but four have already been written around Christ's time and they disagree with you.

With all due respect, my dear friend, I see nothing in the gospels to contradict what dnero says--in fact that is an excellent summary of the message of the NT, if you ask me. Sure--it's not what the preachers say and certainly those who have been indoctrinated protest against such a beautiful simplicity which is both equitable and generous to all who would be equitable and generous, themselves. But that's because loving our brother never is in the best interests of the social machine's egoistic goals.

In fact, it says, verbatim, in the NT, that LOVE is the main requirement. Not judgment (this is good, that is bad)--and that we have been given footsteps to walk in and the feet that laid those foundations walked in love. No more, no less. Just simple love--for all. Even those that would humiliate that love on a criminal's tree.

Was it good that Yehoshua was executed? Was it bad?

Do those words even apply?

They are so small and the word Love is so BIG.

Jesus never cared about Church or Charity or Praying or any of that....

Not only did he go to church/temple, he put in some overtime. He loved to go and was a good Jewish boy.

Jesus was not a 'Jew' only--He was a true Israelite from the tribe of Judah. He was not obedient to Jewish law--He obeyed God's law. Two more points literally worlds apart.

Beside that, I venture to say that dnero did not mean 'temple' and Sabbath observation but rather Sunday-go-to-meeting church, not 'charity' as in love but 'charity' as in 'look what I donated to the poor, I'm so good,' and not praying as in 'quite meditation time with God in the closet,' but rather public prayer in unison....

"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others?..." (Matthew 5:46-47)

Good one. Isn't that one kind of like saying 'Jesus only died for christians, therefore only christians are worthy of having much needed peace of mind and a fearless life on earth?'

Prayer - " Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Exactly. But what is prayer in christianity? Asking God for favors, even asking God to 'save' someone (who, in fact, is not any less 'saved' than the one doing the praying) is asking for what one thinks God needs to do. Why not just know God is in charge, and so all that is really lacking is understanding what His will is and giving in to it.

'Father, not my will, but thine.'
Read the prayers of the Christ--He praised God, extolled His wisdom, thanked God, and submitted to God. Praying is obedience, not supply and demand or quality assurance.

Originally posted by dnero6911Faith is essential to life whether we want to believe it or not.. the power of thought is the only strength in the world, and backed by love our creations become pure and our thoughts are cleansed when we do as we WANT TO...

Sorry to inform you, but it's not about you.

Guess what? It ain't about you, either.

But that's not correct for me to say.

It is about dnero--and it's about me--it's about you--it's even about 'pagans,' politicians, and tyrants. It's about sinners and saints and all that falls between. All that would trust God's promise and believe the words of the Christ. It is about every soul that every lived. All living souls are here because God wanted them to live as humans. And He wants us all to continue living. And we will.

Because He sent His Christ to save the world.

Christ died and left His soul so that we may have access to His perfect mind: The Holy Spirit or Christ consciousness or enlightenment or sanctification...

What's the difference? Any difference comes not in name, but in the quality and sweetness of the fruit. Plums are sweet, apples are sweet, and cherries are sweet. As are figs. But at the same time there are 'naughty' and rotten figs, apples, cherries, and plums.

If one would be in charge of the vineyard, one must ensure that the quality of all the fruit is as excellent as possible. How do we tend God's garden of souls? With love, diligence, care--and it must be given equally to all the fruit--even if it a kind of fruit that we, ourselves, don't care to eat. Because when it's harvest time, the quality and quantity of the harvest is a direct reflection on the workers. It is a responsibility and an honor--a position of authority, even, but only if done within the wishes and commands of the land-owner.

God wishes for us to love one another, without favoritism. Religions, of any sort, are based on favoritism. Division is not of God--Christ does not divide, Christ unites. Not according to religious doctrine but according to one divine rule--outlined with just one word.

And to 'him that is pure, all things are pure.' A pure mind is a mind motivated by nothing other than sincere love for others. There is no wrong in love. We may not always love in the right way, but it is still love and God knows our hearts.

The true conspiracy is relativism.

And where does relativism's biggest proponents lie? In the religious arena!

This is a conspiracy, and is stated as such--and my observation is that it was not appropriate to move this particular thread at all. It may not be what some people want to believe is a possible conspiracy--but when that is the case, it strengthens the case of there being a potential conspiracy afoot.

I have posted at least two threads along these very same lines in the religious conspiracy forum--and they were not moved:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't matter whether the moderator agrees with the poster, does it? Only that the potential of conspiracy is supported as such by the poster's statement and successive points of contention, right? I mean, after all--this is a conspiracy discussion forum--and even that which we support with actual 'facts' and documentation is basically still just an opinion that we seek to present in a rational manner for the consideration of others--to determine whether there is indeed a conspiracy or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's interesting to see which words of the bible that different people choose to take literally. I choose these.

Pardon, but one may not "choose" which words to take literally. How would you like it if I only described you by only one characteristic? Do you think that would be accurate?

One must take the whole thing literally else it's "cherry picking" to find things that we ourselves want to believe...which is not what the Bible is about at all. It's not about us. It's about Him, who He is and how we are to be in His creation.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Good one. Isn't that one kind of like saying 'Jesus only died for christians, therefore only christians are worthy of having much needed peace of mind and a fearless life on earth?'

This is a quote. If you want to argue with the book of Matthew that's up to you.

As far as the name "Jesus Christ", that's how it's written in more examples than the moderator will allow me to cite from the Bible. It was not made up extra-scripturally.

The rest of your post is an argument(?) with me, not against me. I'm not sure I see any disagreement to the points I make. I do however see a difference between what you just wrote and what dnero was saying in the original post.

Finally, I know for a fact it's not about me either. It's about God, what His son did on the cross that day for those that would believe in Him. But as I said, you're not arguing against me there either. I was addressing dnero's wants, by the way, which are unimportant. Not saying dnero is unimportant. Dnero is as important as all of us.

[edit on 1-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38Isn't that one kind of like saying 'Jesus only died for christians, therefore only christians are worthy of having much needed peace of mind and a fearless life on earth?'

This is a quote. If you want to argue with the book of Matthew that's up to you.

I'm not arguing anything, only pointing out how religious exclusivism directly contradicts the teachings of Jesus and the commandment of God.

As far as the name "Jesus Christ", that's how it's written in more examples than the moderator will allow me to cite from the Bible. It was not made up extra-scripturally.

It isn't about statistical frequency of biblical phraseology. It is about the fundamental meaning of the word 'Christ.' Something you seem to be not understanding, somehow.

The rest of your post is an argument(?) with me, not against me.

Once again, I'm not arguing anything. Just pointing out that what you say and what the bible says differ in various ways. Your beliefs reflect the christian religion, but the bible isn't about christianity or any other religion, it's about God's plan for mankind and how He went about carrying it out.

I'm not sure I see any disagreement to the points I make.

I think I was pretty clear.

I do however see a difference between what you just wrote and what dnero was saying in the original post.

Well, truly only dnero could legitimately say whether or not I am skewing the initial premise.

Finally, I know for a fact it's not about me either.

Then why say 'it's not about you' to dnero? Apparently because opinions differ? That seems rather snipey, IMO. That's why I turned it back on you--thinking you might realize how you came across.

It's about God, what His son did on the cross that day for those that would believe in Him.

What?!?

Why
did God do what He did? Because He so loved the world. It is about the world, not God, and not any certain person or group of people, including all various religious denominations (that means christians have no special place, either, just based on the fact they choose to call themselves a certain name.)

I was addressing dnero's wants, by the way, which are unimportant.

Wanting to draw attention to the greatest commandment, given by God through Christ's teachings, is unimportant? Surely you jest.

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these.
(Mark 12:30-31 KJV)

There is but one way to prove one's love for God:

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
(1 John 4:20-21 KJV)

All the rest is details. Truly.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

One must take the whole thing literally else it's "cherry picking" to find things that we ourselves want to believe...which is not what the Bible is about at all. It's not about us. It's about Him, who He is and how we are to be in His creation.

I don't follow the bible, so this doesn't really apply to me. I was just pointing out that the bible says that God is Love.

But you take every word of the bible literally? Revelations? Exodus and Leviticus?

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I've read the bible numerous times ... and the gnostic scriptures, the aquarian gospel of jesus the christ, I've read sooo much more than even that, ... my point is... quantum physics and jesus were saying the exact same thing... its fine for us to spit all of this religeous truth or "nonsense" its like mathematics; sure it gives us the possibilities but it doesn't give us the experience... all of those words are taken very lightly.. maybe heard and analyzed but not FELT... when you feel the truths its easier to live them... I beg of you to read the aquarian gospel, because of jesus' ease of expression, the simple way he explains things.

God is not a seperate entity although he is at the same time. This is quantum mechanics in action.

This is a truth as well, ... everything you look at, or observe ... KNOWS your observing it.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I also wish to point out something else..

Saint For God... the idea is a funny one to me, because, to me it sounds like you are saying .... God for God... You cannot be something for something you ARE.... lol
but perhaps one day you will wake up and realize I am you and you are me. Love.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I think I was pretty clear.

I think we're on different wavelengths in ways of communicating. Which is fine, some people like country music, others like rock.

Well, truly only dnero could legitimately say whether or not I am skewing the initial premise.

Just an observation.

Then why say 'it's not about you' to dnero?

Because, as I said before, he said it was about our WANTS as I quoted.

Apparently because opinions differ? That seems rather snipey, IMO.

Nothing was intended to be snipey.

That's why I turned it back on you--thinking you might realize how you came across.

I appreciate the feedback and will utilize it in future conversations. Thank you.

What?!?

Why
did God do what He did? Because He so loved the world. It is about the world, not God, and not any certain person or group of people, including all various religious denominations (that means christians have no special place, either, just based on the fact they choose to call themselves a certain name.)

There are many phrases about who he's a saviour for. Christ makes it clear that:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

This is a theme that's repeated many, many times in the New Testament from Matthew to Revelation. I can quote more but frankly don't see a point. We read the same Book, do we not?

Wanting to draw attention to the greatest commandment, given by God through Christ's teachings, is unimportant? Surely you jest.

Who said that? It wasn't me. I said dnero's wants are unimportant. Just as my wants are unimportant and your wants are unimportant. Believing in God is important. Doing works in gratitude for what He has given us is important.

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
There is none other commandment greater than these.
(Mark 12:30-31 KJV)

Love that one

There is but one way to prove one's love for God:

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
(1 John 4:20-21 KJV)

All the rest is details. Truly.

And that one too

[edit on 2-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I don't follow the bible, so this doesn't really apply to me. I was just pointing out that the bible says that God is Love.

Indeed it does, but that's not all it says. It also says "...yet He doesn't not allow the guilty to go unpunished..." So, He's also just. He loves us and wants to be with us, but also is righteous and holy and punishes for sin.

But you take every word of the bible literally? Revelations? Exodus and Leviticus?

I quoted Exodus here and am also referring to Revelation as well. There is much to learn about God. One cannot describe him entirely in 3 words else there'd be no need for the rest of the Book. God is larger than 3 words and has a lot to say in the the scriptures about who He is.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I beg of you to read the aquarian gospel, because of jesus' ease of expression, the simple way he explains things.

I'm not opposed to reading anything, though I have quite a reading list from the recommendations I've been given.

God is not a seperate entity although he is at the same time. This is quantum mechanics in action.

I don't think we can explain, even with quantum mechanics, all that God is, though I can say on a number of occassions He had "turned His back" on the Israelites which means separation.

This is a truth as well,

Two opposing statements cannot both be truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join