It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

western civiliziation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Is everyone blind? The economy is going down the tube. Our government will attack and kill its own people to go into war, the war in Iraq is a massive folly, political factions are splitting from the inside, and the country keeps becoming deeply divided over political issues! Is this a bad time in history or the beginning of the total collapse of all Western Civilization?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
its the dawn of a new age, the age to Deny Ignorance!

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTMoney
Is everyone blind? The economy is going down the tube. Our government will attack and kill its own people to go into war,

I agree that the economy may seem rather unstable and volatile, in recent times. However, I do have to ask for a substantive source regarding the Government attacking it's own to go into war.

the war in Iraq is a massive folly,

I also agree here, to an extent. What exactly do you feel, or have found, that demonstrates the war in Iraq is a folly?

political factions are splitting from the inside, and the country keeps becoming deeply divided over political issues!

Division amongst political factions over political issues has existed throughout the history of the US. Why do you feel TODAY's political atmosphere displays more division than other times throughout the US's history?

Originally posted by CTMoneyIs this a bad time in history or the beginning of the total collapse of all Western Civilization?

Upon clarification of the above queries, this would seem to be the real topic of discussion here.

[edit on 3/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
the iraq war is a folly because everyday more and more soldiers are being killed. Yea we liberated people from a tyrant, but may have invoked a civil war betweeen religous factions within the country.
Also, yes i do believe political parties are more divided than ever. Mostly on the issues of illegal immigration, the war in iraq, and how the government handled katrin, rita, etc. The youth of the country (the most seseptible to start radicle protests) are being distracted from real problems by mass media, music, technology, and other things that further distract them from real problems within the country.

join