It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Hospital Webcam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I stumbled upon this link in another forum that I frequent.

www.researchwebcam.com...

They have set up a webcam in an old, abandoned hospital in Oklahoma.

Something to pass the time when you are bored.

You never know - you might see a ghost.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
thanks for the link, do you know if anything "paranormal" has been caught on camera in the place? I'll definitely pass thru on occasion.

I checked out the site, but not knowing the name of hospital, I wasn't sure if any of the pics were of the same place.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good find. I have to admit that my curiousity has been aroused and I'll be checking in on the web cams periodically while at work. Who knows, maybe I'll spot something unusual...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
thanks for the link, do you know if anything "paranormal" has been caught on camera in the place? I'll definitely pass thru on occasion.

I checked out the site, but not knowing the name of hospital, I wasn't sure if any of the pics were of the same place.

I'm not sure if there has been any paranormal activity caught on the cameras, or not. I basically just stumbled upon this link, and figured it could be an ongoing thing for us to watch and maybe capture something now and again.

You neverk know...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've played with this webcam a few times when I'm bored. The hospital is in Guthrie. I think it is the old Logan County Memorial Hospital, but I'm not 100% sure.

They have a forum (link at the bottom of their page) where people post their screen captures for discussion. There are a few people there that take it quite seriously and have automated their captures so they can review them at leisure.

Also, a link to the gallery. There's some spooky stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the abandoned hospital/orphanage in Guthrie. Several people I know have gone up there and had odd/paranormal occurences. Last I knew, if this is the same place, it had been closed up from any public access at all and some guy had bought it and wanted to gut it and make it his house. Yeah, no thanks here!

(I actually live in Norman, just south of OKC. Guthrie is just on the north side of OKC metro)

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, this does look interesting, and would be great to to
look in to this a little more,

Some interesting pics on there aswell so im going to have a good look and
see whats what,

We could also look in to the history of this hospital?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The research group has posted some EVP's from the hospital. There's some from other places on the page but the hospital ones are conveniently labeled 'Hospital'.

www.researchwebcam.com...

The first one was gave me a bit of a chill when I played it.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A webcam in an abandoned hospital, what a novel idea!

I was just thinking about this the other day as to why there is not a huge amount of paranormal activity in hospitals considering how many people have died in a hospital, most being traumatic deaths. Maybe there is but when you are at a hospital the state of mind you are in "blocks" us from seeing anything? I guess that would not explain the Staff from seeing stuff though hhhmmmmm...... interesting non the less! Thanks VeeTwin60 for posting this, I will have to check in every now and then.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
they should try something like a graveyard or an old prison etc. I like the idea it could start a new trend. Cams could be put in areas where UFO's are frequently seen, does anybody know of any of those?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would really like to see this done more, and in more places - especially places that have a history of reported paranormal activity.

Abandoned prisons, mental hospitals, medical hospitals, and graveyards are all good ideas.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am addicted to watching these cams...unfortunatly because they are kinda pixelated, it's very easy to make face shapes out of things with your imagination. I'm still watching though.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ehhhh???? its not abondoned.. you not see the people walking around on the nightvision mode?

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Those are members of the club that set up the cams.

They moniter the place and walk about looking for activity.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
lol.. Shame i thought i had just hit the ghost hunting picture jackpot

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Good find. I have to admit that my curiousity has been aroused and I'll be checking in on the web cams periodically while at work. Who knows, maybe I'll spot something unusual...

Don't bother - trust me. Iv'e already wasted hours of my life watching that cam along with countless others on another board. we didn't see squat. Don't get me wrong though I've seen a real ghost before, but I live in England and my old house was about 200 years old. America can hardly compete in terms of history.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Xeros]

new topics

top topics

join