It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: A Disaster (And other Nuclear Nations)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This thread is comprehensive; but focused on North Korea, the United State's primary concern (as I see it).

I found this doccument; I feel it is well researched and well written which makes learning from it fairly easy.

Strategic Nuclear Weapons and Deterrence

First-off; I direct your attention to China; where the author Edward A. Corcoran states:

"Regardless of the present number, it is clear that China is not now in a nuclear race with the United States. This is consistent with China's historical inclination not to compete against opponent's strengths, but rather to focus on their weaknesses."

I feel that is one of the wisest statements: considering all the people here who insist China is out to destroy the USA (even though they know that the USA is far more powerful militarily).

The real concern of this doccument is listed by the first on the agenda: North Korea.

I think the doccument out-lays the extensiveness of the North Korean military and its superiority (initially) on the peninsula.

The discussion of its air forces and defenses are of particular interest; though brief; due to their density and usefulness despite their datedness.

Anyway, discussions?

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Mod Note: Surround your snippet and link to an external source with these new tags: [ex] --> Begin external source content
[/ex] --> End external source content

[edit on 14-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

new topics

join