It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the US invade Iraq to search for a crashed UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok I know this is going to sound a bit far out, but I've been reading a book called Conspiracy file by David Southwell and Sean Twist.

In the book, they examine why the war in Iraq was started, and the occupation continueing for so long.

Saddam Hussein was, with the French, working on a reverse engineering project concerning a crashed / downed alien craft. The US decided to invade because of the risk posed by this project and its implication in future weapons use. The palace of Qaalt-e-Julundi was turned into a heavily fortified research lab, and was also a refuge for the crafts occupants. There were numerous sightings of strange lights in the area, UFO's in the night sky and a number of unexplained strange death.

A US Soldier with the 101st airborne fighting in the valley around the palace during the war photographed an oblong UFO and the locals also saw this UFO and said that it protected the a holy shrine during the artillery bombardment.

As an unamed report said, more US Airforce engagments were with mysterious craft than with iraqi airforce planes.

Now, my rational side says surely not, but if you step back and think about it, then it kind of makes sense. GW Bush goes on and on about Saddam posing a threat to the whole world, the french refuse to back the war, and the UK forces not allowed to operate any futher north than an area the US designate to them....Could it be that the advances the USA made in 1947 from the roswell crash would be overshadowed by the advances Saddam had the potential to make? It would be a good reason in American military eyes to go to war... but not one you could sell to the people!

[edit on 12-3-2006 by MadGreebo]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The first time I heard this "theory" was in Pravda, which is the Russian equvilant to the World Weekly News. This was before the Iraq war started.

i did step back, and it makes no sense when you have even better proven reasons for the war.

Maybe the UFOs took off with Saddam's WMD before the invasion!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My sources before the war claimed that watchers were here to record and observe what happened during the war but not to interfere. I have heard nothing about what they recorded or if anything they recorded was significant enough to take to the high council. And/or if anything was taken to the high council if any action (judgment) was to follow. I'm just a low man on the totem pole. They don't tell me anything about any kind of judgment. Are you saying the shape of the UFO was cigar shaped?

[edit on 12-3-2006 by grasshopper]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
OK what were the proven reasons?

There are no proven reasons...WMD's? nope.

Freedom from Saddam and tyranny? Nope. Iraqs worse than ever.

Oil? maybe... at a push.

Terrorism? Don't make me laugh.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
OK what were the proven reasons?

There are no proven reasons...WMD's? nope.

Freedom from Saddam and tyranny? Nope. Iraqs worse than ever.

Oil? maybe... at a push.

Terrorism? Don't make me laugh.

Proven reasons? Oil, at a stretch? tell me you jest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oil and MONEY! Thats not a stretch! Haliburton, Cheney's baby, is raking in cash, hand over fist. So are alot of other contractors who have friends in the Bush junta. It was also for the benefit of our Neocon Israeli friends who wanted a nuisance removed from their playground. Iran is next, im sure.

There are plenty of solid, proven uncontested reasons for the Iraq invasion without resorting to the far more bizarre.

Its all about the money. have you seen what the war has done for all the biz for defense contracting? Who are friends of dubya?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
skadi... yes I jest..

Bush and haliburton are raking it in hand over fist, but they are still searching the country and they wont say what for.....Oils in the ground though!

The UFO picture is a clear, metalic oblong glowing faintly around the edges... ill see if its on the net at all..An awesome piccie!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
skadi... yes I jest..

Bush and haliburton are raking it in hand over fist, but they are still searching the country and they wont say what for.....Oils in the ground though!

The UFO picture is a clear, metalic oblong glowing faintly around the edges... ill see if its on the net at all..An awesome piccie!

They aren't searching the country with any real effort. Hell, ive made more effort to watch my truck rust. What they are searching the country for is insurgent hideouts and weapon dumps they might be using and other such mundane occupational activities.

I have seen no evidence supporting looking for a UFO as the reason for being there, except from the most dubious and untrustworthy sources. AQs a student of more serious Ufology, I have not seen the slightest mention of it in the UFO community at large, and not even a hint of it from some of the more fringe elements either.

The reasons the French opposed Iraq are also obvious, and I highly doubt the French would help Iraq reverse engineer a crashed UFO. Too many holes and flaws in such a story.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Maybe the UFOs took off with Saddam's WMD before the invasion!

And don't forget the ET craft was piloted by some giant scorpion geneticaly engineered by Saddam himself with the help of allah. The only thing is I just don't remember if it was before or after he's been contacted by the Annunaki for their come back on earth. Memory you know...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Terrorists and aliens, huh?

I'm thinkin the boyz are ready to make their big play.

www.disclosureproject.org...

The testimony of hundreds of government, military and corporate insiders has established this: That UFOs are real, that some are built by our secret 'black' shadowy government projects and some are from extraterrestrial civilizations, and that a group has kept this secret so that the technology behind the UFO can be withheld - until the right time. This technology can - and eventually will - replace the need for oil, gas, coal, ionizing nuclear power, and other centralized and highly destructive energy systems.

This 5 trillion dollar industry - energy and transportation - is currently highly centralized, metered and lucrative. It is the stuff that runs the entire industrialized world. It is the mother of all special interests. It is not about money as you and I think of it, but about geo-political power - the very centralized power on which the current order in the world runs. The world is kept in a state of roiling wars, endless poverty for most of Earth's denizens and global environmental ruin, just to prop up this evil world order.

...the ultimate trump card: A hoaxed threat from space. ...To justify eventually spending trillions of dollars on space weapons, the world would be deceived about a threat from outer space, thus uniting the world in fear, in militarism, and in war.
...Like the movie "Independence Day", an attempt to unite the world through militarism would unfold using ET as the new cosmic scapegoat (think Jews during the Third Reich). ...The report from Iron Mountain, NY, written in the 1960s, described the need to demonize life in outer space so we could have a new enemy. An enemy off-planet that could unite humans (in fear and war) and that would prove to be the ultimate prop for the trillion dollar military industrial complex that conservative Republican President and five star general Eisenhower warned us about in 1961 (no one was listening then, either...).

It's a good article and a great site. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Aghhh.. My nose. I saw the thread tag and thought "Nah, couldn't be what it looks like.. No way." and by god it was. Im not really going to contribute anything here, since Skadi already did that.

Im just wondering something.. Do you buy your booze or make them at home?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They did it for the oil I'm afraid.
I think any ufo's around may have been US ones.

top topics

join