It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Draft around the corner?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its just been the way my family was raised as far back as I can remember. In conversations with my son he really has no desire to go to foreign countries and fight but yet at the same time he is not opposed to it should it come down to that. I also feel that to many so called privileged ones have always somehow avoided the military which is unfair to those who have had to lay it on the line for them.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Create compulsory drafts to create nations of uncomplaining automons, broken of spirit and any notion of dissention. To create a nation trained to kill. To create a nation easier to rule, and accepting of any orders.

Create a nation even more willing to fight wars of political invention. To fight for the elites oil, money and prestige at their command and at their leisure. To fight to defend propaganda. To fight to rectify their mistakes in wars made up of tissues of lies.

What a lovely idea for the illuminati.

No thanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Maybe you should be asking those most eligible for the draft e.g. Me just how WE feel, after all, your only parents and if we are draft age you have no say in it.

Get off your high horses, if we're getting drafted then YOUR next...how does that feel? Leaving your job and house getting transported across the world to fight a war you dont believe in.

We would be the cannon fodder in this war, you can sit there and watch us die with commentary from Bill O'Reilly or Brian Williams. You believe in the principle then put YOUR ass on the line along with ours.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Draft is important to the survival of this country.

If we do away with it, we will all be fighting the enemy on our own soil (young and old alike). Also, regardless of what some seem to believe, the enemy is not of our own making. Those people hated us way before we ever started screwing with their oil and commerce.

To those that don't believe in serving when called, you need to go ahead and start looking for a new country to call home. Maybe NK or China. I'm sure they'll take you in.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Join the army
See the world
Meet interesting people
and kill them...

Actually from what I have seen in Israel, the draft is just what America needs.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Selective Service ?.....just let the Dead Dog lie !!

+++++

wot? one Last attempt, to rescue dispondent young people? a final try to instill character, in a obsessed, materialistic culture?
----shape-em-up & ship-em-out --- eh??
~~~~~

sorry, i just don't see it !!!

maybe this political/ litigious society will institute a
DRAFT THE ALIENS compromise==like a citizenship & rights voucher....after a number of years or campaigns!?

& NO...they wouldn't be MERCENARIES
or like French Foreign Legionaires
or Soldiers of Fortune

PAX AMERICANA !! as democrats join the neo-cons in the new 21st century crusades...

++++++

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They said they only needed so many troops to start with,even though some high ranking military guys thought it would not be enough they still sent too few.
Politicians are not military,and if they ever were they probably have too little knowledge to make these decisions,but we just keep letting them.
War is just politicians playing with tanks,they are not qualified,and if they did not resort to war to fulfill their political end there would be no wars.
Wars are an obsolete idea,the draft is a stupid idea,and anyone who supports it is probably in college so they have no concern over getting drafted anyway,so their opinion is bunk.
If you have never been in combat,which most of you probably never have,don't send others to die,#ing volunteer for the #ing war if you think a draft may become necessary,go see how wonderful our politicians ineptitude is,how productive it is.
S89 is waiting in the wings anyway,mandatory military service for everyone between the ages of 18-27,better stay in school you cowards,or run to canada.
Clueless Idiots,politicians rely on you very much!.

The icing on the cake,poor people die in wars,poor families who cannot afford to put their kids in college right after high school lose their children,it has nothing to do with anything other than money,wars improve economies,it is a quick fix.
Politicians and military officers find glory in wars,everybody else walks away with a dent in their psyche or they come home in a box.
If they want a draft in washington they will get one anyway,you have no longer any say in the matter.
This country was worth fighting for once,but not any more,it was different once,but now it is so similar to other countries that you cannot see the difference,America is gone.

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
umbalanced,

hey man it is my job around here to slog Canada eh!

just joking man.

yeah we took all kinds of pacifists during vietnam. Even had university professors that were part of that.

funny thing is that while they were happy they got out they didn't seem so happy up here after all.

I asked one guy if he could go back and he said they would arrest him at the border, so he can never go back!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Per unbalanced's post, sb 89 doesn't have the education exemptions like the nam-era legislation. College students will be included. It is specifically written that way so the Bush twins could possibly be drafted.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
funny thing is, last month a recruter for the navy was at my freaking high school

giving away "model's" if you sighned up heh

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I too have been contacted recently...by the Army. My university was kind enough to give them my name when I submitted my graduation application. I used something similar to Net Chicken's post.

"Frankly sir, I don't want to travel to exotic places and kill people."

"Oh we're not asking you to kill anyone."

long moment of silence...

"With all due respect sir, I'm not ignorant."

"All right, well you have a good day and good luck to you"

"Same to you sir"

This conversation repeated itself this month when he called back..

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They should add those people to the do not call list.

Hello, would you like to make money travelling to exotic locations with large groups, such as the middle east, if so then stay on the line, you are important to us.

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
If they institute the draft, they had best make sure they make it even, and women get drafted as well as men, after all, this is supposed to be an equal society, a free soceity?

The draft discriminates against men, and most draftees end up as problems in the military. Forcing people to fight will lower the quality of the military even more.

Iraq had a daftee army, and look at them. We have an all volunteer army.

We have a big enough military if we use it right, and bring soldiers home from pathetic deployments in countrys that dont need the US presence. If we brought them all home, we have a sufficent standing active military, plus a good sized reserve that could easily defend the borders.

Until soldiers actually are fighting for thier countey and not some fat politician and thier agendas, I shall continue to oppose the draft, because I oppose Americans fighting for anything but America, period.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
funny Nerdling

seams like when they run out they go back to get more,

but all the stupid kids were interisted.....

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Until soldiers actually are fighting for thier countey and not some fat politician and thier agendas, I shall continue to oppose the draft, because I oppose Americans fighting for anything but America, period.

You just got my vote Skadi!!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Business,profit for those who pull the shenanigans,death and dismemberment for those who actually do the fighting.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Don't fall for it and it "might" not happen any more.
You can take personal responsibility because of your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Heh, I just went down to visit my dad, he works at the local job centre. The Army where outside again. Usually they'd be there about every three or four months but lately they've been there about every fortnight. On my way out one said to me in a typical Ned voice (I suppose the American equivalent to Ned would be a Hick of the worst kind... I think.) "ye got a minite 'ere mate?"
I replied "you must be #ing joking pal" and he called me a #ing dobber.

The cynical part of me says they've increased their recruitment drives in this area because they know it is a deprived one, with one of the highest unemployment rates in Britain. Easy pickings of the local mentally deficient. The examples of her Majesty's Armed Forces on show certainly backed up my suspicions, but maybe that�s why they were left behind...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join