It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC) Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
LIPC (Laser Induced Plasma Channel) Weapons, in a nut shell, are weapons that shoot lightning bolts at their targets. Here are some links with LIPC info:

www.defense-update.com...

www.photonics.com...

scitation.aip.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Supposedly Ionatron has working prototypes in Iran being field tested now. Does anyone know anything about specific weapons systems that use this technology?

Gman

PS

Found this while looking for LIPC info.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Apparently this has been going on for longer than expected, but the military is almost ready to release its newest toy on wars overseas.

rt.com...

In the era of remote-controlled drones, invisible planes and microwave guns, no military innovation should come as a surprise. But among the array of new weapons none are more satisfying than a cannon that allows you to unleash bolts of lightning.

The Laser-Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC) cannon is currently being tested at Picatinny Arsenal, a key US Army research complex in New Jersey.

Leave it to the military to find a way to harness the power of lightening, focus it on a target, and zap it to smithereens.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This is interesting for me because I had read many years ago about an "air Taser" that utilized a portable laser to ionize the air and through this channel, electricity is forced through, thereby stunning the person. It seems as though this disappeared and has now reappeared in the military sector.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Found an article about this today too,

www.livescience.com...

Today's military lasers can blind spy satellites or burn enemy vehicles, but tomorrow's could guide lightning bolts to strike and destroy battlefield targets.

A U.S. Army lab is testing how lasers can create an energized plasma channel in the air — an invisible pathway for electricity to follow. The laser-guided lightning weapon could precisely hit targets such as enemy tanks or unexploded roadside bombs, because such targets represent better conductors for electricity than the ground.

"We never got tired of the lightning bolts zapping our simulated (targets)," said George Fischer, lead scientist on the project at the U.S. Army's Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a jacketed beam weaopn. It is was they call in the moives as a "lightning gun".
What gets me is I dreamed up something like this years ago. In my set up a hollow laser beam was use to clear a path to the target and act as a waveguide for the plamsa steam. It was just a crazy idea I dreamed up and never really though much about it. So it looks like my idea was not so crazy after all.
Just goes to show if you can dream it some day some one will build it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

"For very powerful and high intensity laser pulses, the air can act like a lens, keeping the light in a small-diameter filament," said Fischer. "We use an ultra-short-pulse laser of modest energy to make a laser beam so intense that it focuses on itself in air and stays focused in a filament."

To put the energy output in perspective, a big filament light bulb uses 100 watts. The optical amplifier output is 50 billion watts of optical power, Fischer said.
www.army.mil...
A 50 billion watt laser. Nice. But not something you're going to carry in a holster.

Also not very discriminating as to targeting. The electrical pulse just finds the easiest route to ground.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When the ionized beam achieves a cohesive state it becomes conductive ..

The plasma collected by the EM field of Earth is naturally attracted to ground ... simple

I have been saying this for 35+ years ... examples of this energy ..

The Tether experiment .. Plasma was conducted and vaporized the fitting holding it

This is one thing the Real pyramids did but by creating a modulated EM field to tap the power

Lightning is the natural equivalent ... but the power of a sustained conductive path (unlike lightning) which disappears in milliseconds ..

Can create a "Cascade Event" ... Imagine a lightning bolt times 1000 that does not stop ..

I believe this happened in our past . read Marduks exploits in a new light .Tiamat is not what you thought .
it is a story of technology out of control .. the Sumerian towers were the recreation of a similar tech lost due to the sea level rise at the end of the last ice age .

But the real important issue is ....

Now that they are starting to admit this tech it is time to put it to use ..

By tapping the plasmasphere of the Earth we NOW have an Unlimited Energy Source ...the Sun .

This can be exploited by placing ground based lasers in huge insulated structures ...

The discharge could be quenched by Mercury .. and channeled into a huge super conductive coil for distribution .

Sites must be placed around the world due to the rotating out of prime position at night ..

So instead of vaporizing cities why dont we power the planet instead .. ?

Yeah right ..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I recall reading that the antichrist will have the power to call down bolts of lightening.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This was discussed previously in another thread:rense.com...
These are the minor systems we have that are soon to be declassified. I guess the big nasties in orbit are still secret. So I am still a conspiracy theorist in that regard

join