It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by leachbed67

Sometimes finding agreements is a matter of knowing what the words mean in their original language (rather than after translation).

That's exactly what I mean... How does anyone know what those chicken scratches on a clay tablet actually meant to people that lived thousands of years ago?

I'm not trying to be difficult I'm just "in search of" I guess...

Tony

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leachbed67

Chicken scratch?

Who in their right mind would translate "Enki's Journey to Nibru" to say
that his temple was built entirely of metal. that it floated on the water. that its interior was a tangled thread beyond understanding, etc? if it didn't say that to begin with, then who would be impressed that "Enki" had a temple that was a tangled thread beyond understanding?

What would be the point?

Oxford University translated Enki texts
/2slzeg
(had to create a tiny url for it because the # sign doesn't link up on ats' software)

[edit on 9-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
OK so say all of this is real (not confirming or denying, but leaning way towards the confirming side). How exactly would "Atlantis" figure in? Plato supposedly went to an Egyptian priest and received an account of a great civilization called Atlantis. It was destroyed, but was to be rebuilt. The freemasons believe this strongly, and are trying to bring it to pass - and they believe that the location of the United States of America is where the new Atlantis is supposed to be. Do you have anything on that?
Also, if you look at Washington, D.C., there are a couple interesting things. First, the alignment of the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, etc. All along a straight line, with equidistant points on the sides as well, at the White House and at the Jefferson Memorial (on the front steps of each respectively). And if you look a bit further north, some important sites and the roads that connect them form the points of a pentagram, a common protective symbol in the Pagan religions. Exactly 13 blocks north of the center point (it's an "upside down" pentagram, so I'm talking about the point in between the legs) is the High Counsel for the U.S. of the Scottish Rite Freemasonry. Is there any significance to this?
And finally, I've been watching a lot of movies lately, and I'm finding all sorts of weird things in them. I'm beginning to think that film writers either are trying to tell us about something they know is going to happen, or they are paid off by government so and so to give these things plausible deniability. Examples: ya, that series V, and then there's the movie Equilibrium, there's of course the Stargate series and movie, there's V for Vendetta, and then there are many various hints and blatant statements all throughout many recent movies - I remember there being one in Live Free or Die Hard (forgot exactly what the statement was, but it was very revealing). Do you have any good explanation for this, or is it just coincidence? Just writers randomly throwing stuff in to make the movie more "realistic"?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevintorvalds
And finally, I've been watching a lot of movies lately, and I'm finding all sorts of weird things in them. I'm beginning to think that film writers either are trying to tell us about something they know is going to happen,

I find it more likely that sci fi writers are 'tuned in' to the cosmos... and like remote viewers they can 'see' whats going on and it translates into stories that 'ring true' It may be possible that they are not even aware of it... just look at Jules Verne Moon Landing

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist06

about this "project Stargate" - did this have anything to do with the project called MK Ultra, which was confirmed as having taken place, and may be, to this day, still happening? I understand Project Stargate to be about the study of remote viewing (i.e. use of the nonphysical senses, which are not necessarily bound by time/space), and if so, it is just another code name for the same project as MK Ultra. Now of course the government never really tells us anything except the very specific things it wants to let out, so there could very easily be more to this, but that is what I have found is declassified.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I find it quite hard to believe anything the currently accepted bible has to say. After all, the most commonly used translations were authorized by King James, who ordered the translators tortured or killed if he didn't like what he saw! And beyond that, the Catholic Church decided what would be "canonized" and what would be thrown out - and they covered their tracks so well by destroying many ancient texts - so I don't know what to believe in there. Much of it matches up with the accounts from other civilizations, but quite a bit of it looks very suspiciously fabricated by the Catholic church. Remember, they were the ones who forced their version of the bible down everyone's throat - ever study the Crusades? So I definitely discredit, first and foremost, the bible as a reliable source. Even if you split it up into smaller sections, like the letters of John or Paul, the Catholic church still chopped it up and put in what they liked, and removed what they didn't.
To clarify, this is in no way an attack on anyone who is Catholic. This is just a statement of fact of what people did under the name of the Catholic church. Please don't take offense - instead, go study history closely, so you can see what I am talking about. Study King James, the Crusades, the "Septuagint", etc. Look at all the translation events closely - look at the records of how the translators were treated, who they were, who was in charge at the time, etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I understand Project Stargate to be about the study of remote viewing (i.e. use of the nonphysical senses, which are not necessarily bound by time/space), and if so, it is just another code name for the same project as MK Ultra. Now of course the government never really tells us anything except the very specific things it wants to let out, so there could very easily be more to this, but that is what I have found is declassified.

Project Stargate was indeed remote viewing by the DIA and CIA started in the early 70's. It was forced to be declassified in 1995 by congress... but it just continued in another 'dept'. I have a copy of the RV manual used by the CIA to train the viewers. It went under many code names actually. Scannate, Gondola wish, Sun streak, Center lane, Grill Flame, & Stargate .

PROJECT STARGATE

MANUAL

I believe MK Ultra was a different program and had to do with mind control and not remote viewing...

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a CIA mind-control research program that began in 1950, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence.[1][2][3]. There is much published evidence that the project involved the use of many types of drugs to manipulate individual mental states and to alter brain function.[4]

The project's intentionally oblique CIA cryptonym is made up of the digraph MK, meaning that the project was sponsored by the agency's Technical Services Division, followed by the arbitrary dictionary word ULTRA.

Project MK-ULTRA was first brought to wide public attention by the U.S. Congress (in the form of the Church Committee) and a presidential commission (known as the Rockefeller Commission) and also to the U.S. Senate.

Although the CIA insists that MKULTRA-type experiments have been abandoned, 14-year CIA veteran Victor Marchetti has stated in various interviews that the CIA routinely conducts disinformation campaigns and that CIA mind control research continued. In a 1977 interview, Marchetti specifically called the CIA claim that MKULTRA was abandoned a 'cover story.'

Wikipedia

Here are some declassified documents...

Documents

Hope that helps

Z

[edit on 16-1-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yes, very helpful. thanks.

Would you happen to have anything on the Freemasons' beliefs/plans/goals as regarding Atlantis/New Atlantis?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know if you're familiar with it, but there is an intellectual community/institute that takes remote viewing to a higher level, e.g. astral travel. See "Journeys of the Mind" by Robert Monroe. It is available in various places in e-book form (which I can't find at the moment), and is also available in every public library I have ever been to, or at the very least in the same system, orderable within a few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I don't know if you're familiar with it, but there is an intellectual community/institute that takes remote viewing to a higher level, e.g. astral travel.

Hmmm that would cover just about every Buddhist on the planet and myriads of others...

Unfortunately the skeptics won't take any data provided by remote viewers or info from the Akashic Record as proof of anything and I am quite sure they don't buy into the Ashtar Command either

Ingo Swann also has a website and so does Joe McMoneagle, both key players in Project Stargate

Joe's Site

Ingo's Site

And here are several thousand MKULTRA CIA released documents. I would love to d/l them all but don't have the time right now...

www.intellnet.org...

I also have a PDF copy of "Penetration if you are interested

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hmmm that would cover just about every Buddhist on the planet and myriads of others...

sorry for lack of clarification. I was referring to the Monroe Institute, founded by Robert Monroe The Monroe Institute

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhesus Negative

with regards to the Ziggurat...
do you know if there are any pictures of the interior of the ziggurat? I can't find any...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Kevin,

Hi, thanks for your interest in the thread.

I'd like to address your comments regarding the Bible, first. You need to very carefully (do this for your own knowledge) study the difference between what the catholic church taught and what the bible states. The book was not seen by the common man for hundreds of years after Christ's sojourn on this 3rd rock from the sun. The RCC hid it away, as it took forever to copy it all down and illustrate it.. Luther even commented on the fact that the only bible found in the catholic church he had attended, was chained to the wall in the basement. They hoarded it and most of what was in it, was not even in the rules of what it meant to be catholic.

Why they wuold even NEED to change it to fit their religion in that timeframe, is beyond me since the parishoners would not have been able to read it or see it for that matter. Remember, most people could not read or write. Only the priest classes and well-to-do, received enough education to have reading and writing skills. The RCC didn't even need the book. The Pope was the book, as far as they were concerned. If you read the bible, it would definitely not agree with that or pretty much anything the popes of that timeframe, did.

Seriously, find out for yourself. Don't take my word for it and don't take anyone else's word for it either.

Secondly, I was thinking Atlantis may be on the bottom of the Meditteranean.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Regarding translation. I find the original languages of these ancient texts are usually the best places to look. For example:

This little set of search parameters comes in very handy when translating old or new testament texts
It's a concordance for the original languages of hebrew and greek. Quite interesting. Type in a word you're interested in, find it in the list of verses provided and note that the little number next to it, is not always the same. That's the strong's number and it indicates what the original word was - you simply click the word and the original word for that particular instance is listed along with descriptions and examples.
Try a search on "break down their images" and check the translation of "images". It's "matstsebah," a word that meant several things. "Images" is just not specific enough to do it justice.
www.eliyah.com...
Elsewhere in the old testament, "images" is translated from

tĕraphiym
cf.blueletterbible.org...

chamman

tselem

pĕciyl

etc.

The point being that the word images was typically the translation for idol in the king's english, but not always in the hebrew. And it's in those rare instances where it doesn't always mean what it did before, that knowing the original language can be of great value.
Just depends on how serious of a researcher you are.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Why they wuold even NEED to change it to fit their religion in that timeframe, is beyond me

It is known that the translation of the Authorized Version (also known as King James Version) was most definitely monitored and manipulated. I don't know why, but it was. That's why there were other translations made - they realized that the Authorized Version was extremely flawed.

Also, the canonization process is another thing that gets me... they took writings that suited them, and threw out others that didn't. Even some of the writings of some of the apostles were left out - and they seemed pretty important.
Then you have arguments among various "denominations" that such and such a book should be there, but that other one shouldn't, and this book is literal but this one's entirely figurative, etc.
I left the christian religion for wicca years ago (in light of the possibility that this stuff is true, I'm not even sure about that anymore), and haven't studied the bible much since - this is from what I remember from study since I was about 5 years old until about 4 years ago. So if there are gaps, that is why.

Other than that, there will always be problems with translation... even from Spanish to English there are some things that get a little wierd. Without fully understanding a culture, you can never fully understand a language. That's why this archaeological evidence is so important... it shows us more and more about the culture of these people, not just their language. It saddens me that people will see ruins and say "oh they're sacred, we can't go digging around in there!" that's how you completely lose a civilization to the dust of the earth, never to be brought to the history books. And when we miss what happened in history, we miss warnings of coming disasters, and we repeat the mistakes of our ancestors.

So far on page 8 overall, but from what I have read, this thread is VERY interesting. I found it while searching for something on Atlantis (evidently the freemasons believe it was off the east coast of the USA). Idunno... maybe they were talking about a "global" civilization that was spread across Pangaea, and the accounts of the "fountains of the earth spewing forth" were the effects of the tectonic plates shifting drastically, drawing the land apart and forcing water up between the new continents. That's one theory I've had about that recently. What do you think? Plausible? or just plain hogwash?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Kevin,

Oh the things we could discuss on the topic of the bible! i have a ton of bible info in this olde noggin, and although the english translation could be better, the latin vulgate had a few problems too. See in hebrew one glyph can mean several different things. so a full sentence is really a serious undertaking for translation.

Michael Heiser (assyriologist, scholar of several ancient languages, theologian, dude is awesome) did some research on the word Elohim in the bible. Some of the decisions made in translation of what we call the bible, was overseen by jews of the time, who had developed explanations for torah and pseudopigraphia that weren't supported by the texts. For example, in a greek translation, the sons of God were angels. In the latin translation, overseen by the jews of that timeframe, the sons of God were called the sons of Adam (alluding to Cain, for example).

Here's someone else who explains the problem

The Divine Council
users.aristotle.net...

Take my word on this, THAT is one interesting read, especially if you're interested in the concept of "many gods."

[edit on 17-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Rick

According to sitchin he was a chief scientist.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

Project stargate was a debunked remote viewing program that wasted alot of money if I remember correctly.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Project stargate was a debunked remote viewing program that wasted alot of money if I remember correctly.

erm, i don't think it's literally been debunked. no, i really don't.
i think that was what they SAID, but that is not what is going on.
the project was probably named something else once it was outted.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

erm, i don't think it's literally been debunked. no, i really don't.
i think that was what they SAID, but that is not what is going on.
the project was probably named something else once it was outted.

You may be right but many independent experiments have been done on the issue of remote viewing. All had negative results. Something like 15 percent were somewhat accurate and that's the best they got. The CIA might have gotten better results through tech we don't know about. But that would be about the only way I can think of that the CIA would achieve better results.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join