It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About the Discovery Channel Show on Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Man I dont know if you guys all watched it but I thought it was terrible, the narrator sounded very condescending and not objective, plus they had ridiculous "carnival" like music in the background.

Then they top it off with a Matrix style theory. I thought there was very little research put into this program,

The Roswell one is on now with Freidman... hopefully thatll be good stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
the way they edited in all the corny sound effects and smartass jokes really made the show seem like a big goof.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So far so good (15 minutes into it)... LOTS of Stanton Friedman and that's ALWAYS GOOD!

Springer...

EDIT: 30 minutes into it and I am SHOCKED! They actually dealt with the subject matter in an adult and professional way!

Stanton Friedman is probably the only "Roswell/UFO" researcher that I have TOTAL respect for and this is HIS SHOW.

He mentioned in an email earlier this week that Discovery Channel taped alot of content but he had no idea how much they would actually show. They showed ALOT and that's GOOD!

Naturally they will end up with Mogul but that's okay...

Springer...

[edit on 3-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i only caught half of the show right before the roswell show. i didn't care for the narrarator .he sounded less than enthusiactic.what i got from their tone is that the people who don't have an open mind to learning about these subjects,are definitly going to close their minds up now. but i'll hope for those same people.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by tigerla5]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I used to work for a production company that made "reality" shows like that, and what you gotta understand is that everything is done fast and cheap. They have no money to obtain decent footage or more prominent spokespeople. Music is needle-drop, and graphics are lousy.

I always thought that the best show would be one that could impress you with sheer numbers. Talk about the volume of sightings by competent observers, discuss some possible propulsion theories, you know, show some of the plentiful (if not exactly conclusive) evidence.

But that would actually cost time and money, and the Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel, or the History Channel aren't in the paying-a-lot-for-content business. They're in the business of selling advertising.

Of all, I think the National Geographic Channel has the best produced UFO shows, but they're also the strongest debunkers. Which for them is like having their cake and eating it, too. They use interest in the topic to draw viewers, then crap on the subject by offering alternative (but rarely logical) "explanations." Oh, well...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The Roswell show I just watched produced by Discovery was the BEST I've seen yet.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The Roswell show I just watched produced by Discovery was the BEST I've seen yet.

Springer...

Springer compare Kent Jeffery's research , with my research into the Roswell RAWIN target explaination and see if you really think Kent Jeffery's research that concludes everyone in NM was simply confused about a RAWIN target and weather balloon and the Air Force is simply telling the truth was worth 20 minutes of the Program.

Roswell counter-intelligence Operation?

I think my research shows ( and I admit its only a cursory examination of events on my part ) the utter lack of research or obligation to truth on the part of the Discovery Channel.

[edit on 3-3-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I think the best part of the show was, and new info for me at least was the writing on the paper, in that one military dudes hand, that they blew up and made out the words. The other stuff was old news. But still one of the better shows on the subject I have seen.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
That was possibly the best show they've done with the exception of Jefferys who I've come to see as merely a publicity seeker.
Hf that paper is called the Ramey memo and it too is old news. Start at Stantonfreidman.com and you'll find lots of great Roswell material. I myself am leery of the techniques used to decipher the memo but maybe it does say that.
Good show.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I didn't say perfect, I said best I've seen yet
The narrator didn't sound like a carnival Barker, the music wasn't Benny Hill's theme song, and they gave Stanton Friedman as much or MORE ime than Jeffries.

I agree with you on the "story" I just find it REAL hard to believe ANYONE would mistake gum wrapper and balsa wood for alien technology.

I've seen Radiak's work with the letter before, it's pretty convincing.

Springer...

[edit on 3-3-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The first one was a freak show.
Very stupid.

The second show was good. I also liked it.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Very stupid.

EXACTLY!

I could not believe the woman (first show) who was so, ermmm, "large" she had to sit on her BED (couldn't fit on the couch I guess) chain smoking and talking about a reptoid appearing on her bed...

When this Lass was on the bed there was NO EMPTY bed for him to stand on! WHERE did they find this woman?! She had to be a ringer. HAD to be.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hello..!!

That reptoid was the closest sexual encounter this woman ever came to...
That was embarrasing. My goodness.

Now is this going to be an ongoing type show every thursday???

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Springer...

I'm sorry I missed it, although I'm a little burned out on Roswell, I have to admit. Too much rehash, I guess. And I do admire anybody who can make a decent TV show with the budgets they work with. Maybe it's getting easier, since people can now afford nearly full video production suites for their homes.

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Very stupid.

EXACTLY!

I could not believe the woman (first show) who was so, ermmm, "large" she had to sit on her BED (couldn't fit on the couch I guess) chain smoking and talking about a reptoid appearing on her bed...

When this Lass was on the bed there was NO EMPTY bed for him to stand on! WHERE did they find this woman?! She had to be a ringer. HAD to be.

Springer...

Yeah seriously, im sure the reptilians are interested in a middle aged woman living in a trailer.... I think she just read all of Icke's books and was maybe looking for some excitement in her life, intentional or not im not sure.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I bet it's plenty "exciting" when that poor dear walks accross the floor. I would imagine the motion feels like a 5 on the richter scale.

The budget issue was handled well on the Roswell incident. They spent the money on quality video and sound from what I could tell. LOTS of the video was stock footage which is cheap cheap es[ecially on that subject.

From the way Stanton Friedman sounded if he got paid at all it wasn't much so the budget was probably not that big of an issue. It didn't have an real sets or snazzy production values at all. Which was good actually it was simple and direct. "Clean" if you get my meaning.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Now is this going to be an ongoing type show every thursday?

Yup. They had a couple of announcements that night they say it's gonna be ET Thursday or Paranormal Thursday or some such thing(sorry short term memory loss).

Springer- Yer right the production quality was quite good for the money spent. It's my understanding that Stans appearance was unpaid as were Rudiak and Jeffries but I have not recieved a response yet from Stan for clarification on that matter. If he was paid then good for him. I'm sure he is no different than anyone else(time is money).

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Discovery Channel is just like Fox and CNN and Disney and much others under the control of the IlluminaZi.....

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gotta agree with Springer.....

I have great respect for Stanton and I was thrilled as a kid to meet him years ago with my dad. He signed his book for my dad and I got to shake his hand and I told him in typical young kid fashion "i think your cool.....i understood everything you said up there"
Stanton smiled with that evil devilish smile as I call it......and told me thank you. I remember him clearly asking me if I believed something happened(roswell).
I responded yes and he responded back......."hopefully you will find the truth before you get to my age"

Besides this meeting....I always thought he had great presentation in his speeches and overall great mannerisms in conveying his message/information.... out to his audience.

I was interested in him saying on the show he was following "hot new leads"

it would be nice to have some newer information surface on Roswell, especially after the performance Frank Kaufman put in for years lol.

For those seeking more info. on the Ramey Memo.....here's the best link I could find.
roswellproof.homestead.com...
(Rudiaks site)

I always found this "smoking gun" if you wanna label it......interesting to read up on

new topics

top topics

join