It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Buscemi...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Steve Buscemi is one of those rare guys that is smart as hell and funny as hell at the same time. I am watching "Armageddon" right now and the scene where he is emulating Slim Pickens riding the nuke "all the way in" just played out.

He tells the Colonel, (who has ordered him to get off the the nuclear warhead NOW) "I just wanted to feel the power between my legs Brother"... I don't know why that busts me up every time I watch this movie but it really does.

I guess this post really doesn't have any value but I figure I rarely ever post on BTS and since I've worked so damn hard to make sure BTS is here and alive and well on the web I am allowed right?
No?

Heck I don't know.

Steve Buscemi ROX!
There now I feel better. :w:

WOW! I didn't know we had all these cool little critters here either!

Springer...

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am partial to the role he played in The Sopranos. He is an awesome actor.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I read an article in the New Yorker profiling him. He damn sure paid his dues, learned his craft and doesnt get near the credit he deserves.

A young genius up there with the likes of Brando, DeNiro, Dean and the rest of the "method" crew!

[edit on 2-3-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Steve Buscemi, too. I didn't really find much to like about "Armageddon," or to dislike for that matter, but Buscemi's resume speaks volumes about his talent and his work ethic. I was impressed to learn that he was also a NYFD fireman before he made it big.

Everyone knows about "Fargo" and his role as the "funny looking guy," but some of his best work is in little films, such as "Living in Oblivion" and "Trees Lounge", the latter of which he wrote, directed, and starred.

[edit on 2006/3/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Perhaps you guys will be interested in his Directorial Debut Movie Called Lonesome Jim Starring Casey Affleck and Liv Taylor It's like a dark Comedy looks pretty good check out the trailer

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thug69
Perhaps you guys will be interested in his Directorial Debut Movie Called Lonesome Jim Starring Casey Affleck and Liv Taylor

My good man! You have obviously failed to read my post about Buscemi directing "Trees Lounge."

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Everyone knows about "Fargo" and his role as the "funny looking guy," but some of his best work is in little films, such as "Living in Oblivion" and "Trees Lounge", the latter of which he wrote, directed, and starred.

Here are some other of Buscemi's directorial efforts:

Director - filmography

(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

Interview (2007) (filming)

Lonesome Jim (2005)
"The Sopranos" (episode 6.05)
- In Camelot (2004) TV Episode
- Everybody Hurts (2002) TV Episode
- Pine Barrens (2001) TV Episode
Baseball Wives (2002) (TV)
Animal Factory (2000)

"Homicide: Life on the Street"
... aka Homicide (USA: informal short title)
- Finnegan's Wake (1998) TV Episode
"Oz" (1997) TV Series (episodes "U.S. Male" 1999 and "Cuts Like a Knife" 2001)
Trees Lounge (1996)
What Happened to Pete (1992)

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What is there to say about Buscemi, except that he fracking rocks!!! I mean come on armageddon was brilliant, and mr deeds. Crazy eyes was teh 133t. I have to say he was my favorite actor ever. hes just so violently awesome.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Steve Buscemi is a great actor.

Reservoir Dogs (1992) .... Mr. Pink
- A must see

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My favorite role of his was the pyscho serial killer in Con Air. Even though hes such a small skinny guy, he was somehow able to make that character so freakin scary, just from his face expressions.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Whew, I was thinking i was opening a thread that said

Steve Buscemi... has died or something like that.
I love him, glad to see its not a bad news thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Aside from being one of the greatest actors, he's a great guy too.

He used to be a Fire Fighter in NYC and was there helping out during the 9/11 attacks. He goes back and volunteers when he has the chance to as well.

www.imdb.com...

Go Steve!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Brilliant actor and form what I've just learnt, is a great guy too! I couldn't imagine any big actors mucking around in rubble, risking their lives.

Cool guy.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He needs to star in the "Life and Times of Don Knotts"... Think about it...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Never heard of him before. If he's from New York City then he is likely to become a big star.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Never heard of him before. If he's from New York City then he is likely to become a big star.

He is a "big star" already. He's been in a ton of films. Go here and have a look: www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I recognize that guy!!

He is funny too.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah that seems to be the consensus.

I really liked him in Armageddon as Springer starts off with, he was also good in Con Air.

Hes funny without trying to be funny.

Very rare to find that, he brings alot to the movies he leaves his stamp on.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
lets not forget his great performance in Fargo.

Also, a brief apperance in Billy Madison.

new topics

top topics

join