It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubaid Ports Today The USA tomorrow The World ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Does anyone have comments on what is going on with Dubai Ports Authority...

Being a Military contractor myself based in the Middle East I can foree a HUGH problem with this ... am I alone??? Am I simply more intelligent than Congress and the Super-powers??? The DPA (Dubaid Ports Authority) just bid on the purchasing ISS (Inchape Shipping Services) worldwide and WOn which gives them free monoply on husbandary and Stevenorage worldwide for the US Military... It does not stop there... these bright sparks then purchased East Coast Ports!!!! wtf**** and now the US are planning to sell them all of there ports... The Audit trail leaves alot to be desired any comments... (Apologies am typing very fast and may have left out some detail but want to see who else is inetested in this little Gem!)

www.dawn.com

[edit on 25-2-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The fact that a Chinese holding buys up ports around the globe is even more staggering I think.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Indeed.. However, are we not fighting a "pre-tend" war on terror? Imagine this is a board game (have no doubts that often it is...) would you allow those you were fighting with to buy your Ports and Basically secure your coast, guard them and potect against the Enemy.... Oh silly me this just means that we give an open door to the enemy and that way we can have grounds for a real war in the future...

Am I just blonde or Dumb Too ???

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Last time I checked, port security and the interdiction and inspection of vessels was still in the hands of federal agencies. That is not going to change with the port ownership issue. Any perceived threat is irrelevent and has nothing to do with who owns and operates the ports.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I beg to differ... How do the feds get involved with tansitions eh like never.. oh my bad unless there is a threat!!! I am not starting a theory hear am just pointing out what I belive to be the obvious. You will have a foreign nation.. SECURELY (i use the term loosley) transporting all the Food, weapons, ammo, mail etc through Ports that the own to the troops!!! mmmh If I were a bad person !

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Ships don't just randomly sail into a port on a whim. They follow schedules the same as any airliner and their movements are known. If there's a concern then they will be boarded and searched by federal authorities as soon as they sail into US territorial waters. In fact, wasn't there a change to Maritime law to enable the boarding and inspection in international waters introduced some time ago?

This ownership issue won't mean that the US ports are to be staffed with a bunch of shady Arab workers. The only likely changes would be to the upper levels of mangement.
As for ports outside the USA, the same applies and it's up to the local government to provide security in it's terrirotial waters and port entry points. Many of those ports are already staffed by foreign workers of many ethnic backgrounds but I have never heard a peep from anyone calling for them to be staffed only by Americans.

So, once again, apart from the protectionist issue, what's the big problem?

What if it were another foreign country buying out the port operations, Israel for instance, or Korea, ot Japan. Would that be ok as they are "allies"?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Just think about the bigger picture...

Many people like myself see that the deal should indeed be blocked rtegardless of who "The aliens are" I still as am suer others except for you can not understand why ???

The problem kind Sir, is that The USA is allowing a subsidiary of UAE government-controlled maritime management firm Dubai Ports run ports in New York and New Jersey; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Baltimore, Maryland; Miami, Florida; and New Orleans, Louisiana.

From a security prespective 2 of the attackers of the 9/11 bombings came from the UAE (Not that I am saying the entire country is against the USA here be patient!!) financers also transfered and drew funds from accounts in the UAE. I am NOT I repeat NOT an anti Arab

But a port security expert said security fears are based on "bigotry" against Arabs. Its just that I see we are just giving too much away too soon... Dubai controlling standrads for US ports is unacceptable in my opinion .

""Dubai Ports World recently acquired the British-based firm that currently directs commercial operations at those ports, Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation. The takeover by Dubai Ports World means that it will be in charge of those operations."" (Oh yeah that's right the Brits are allies!! they even joined in the fake war on terror.. so lets give 0ur best friends the Arabs a go.. I mean It has been a while since 9/11...) Come on already!!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
hey what are you so upset about, globalization goes both way, so if USA companies can have assets all around the world others can have assets in USA, its all just business.

Oh but now you dont like it?

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Negative.. I know I am onto something here... Your signature dear Sir says it alll.... just promise me that when what I say come to fruition or the deal does not pass please be preapred to battle this issue out with me again. Rest assured that I am not angry or disliking anything I just know that this will end in tears!
Do we have a deal? I have bookmarked this page for the simple fact that soon as in a matter of weeks we will be discussing this very same issue on my terms. What say you?

........"He who hesitate's has lost" (unknown)

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is a curveball that most swing and miss at. This is an attempt at future world unity and cohersion. The countries involved are not the terrorists... the terrorists are. When the world can begin to see itself as one and work together as such... then things like terrorism, world dominance.. and macho "We're the USA... we're in charge of this rock.. and we say what goes" attitudes will be demolished. Take a step back before you so quickly step forward to blind conclusions.

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have never been backward in comming forward you dear Sir are WRONG WRONG WRONG... in as much as I do not to say I told you so... I really do know what I am talking about... Just waiting for the day when Niave people like yourself will "be served" Am not not a US citizen though do work for your government. Dear Sir, the world is the same place with some very disturbed people running around. In as much as I would love to see us all ..."just getting along" it is NEVER going to happen... Certain governments are tolerated because the West want to get their fingers i n the cookie jar.. ALAS our Arab Brothers are not as slight as you may think... Rest assured that they will never give in to the West neither will they truly ever forgive and forget. I should love to see a world where we all forgive our leaders and decision makers... that world my friend will be in another place beyhond the Earth and the world that we know today.

Ignorance is Bliss... So they say!!

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crusing The GCC
Does anyone have comments on what is going on with Dubai Ports Authority...

Being a Military contractor myself based in the Middle East I can foree a HUGH problem with this ... am I alone??? Am I simply more intelligent than Congress and the Super-powers??? The DPA (Dubaid Ports Authority) just bid on the purchasing ISS (Inchape Shipping Services) worldwide and WOn which gives them free monoply on husbandary and Stevenorage worldwide for the US Military... It does not stop there... these bright sparks then purchased East Coast Ports!!!! wtf**** and now the US are planning to sell them all of there ports... The Audit trail leaves alot to be desired any comments... (Apologies am typing very fast and may have left out some detail but want to see who else is inetested in this little Gem!)

www.dawn.com

There is another thread with many comments here......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The last I heard was that the UAE is the most pro-American Middle-Eastern country (Israel not included) there is. While there are anti-Americans present in every nation (including the United States), the United Arab Emirates have displayed a willingness to co-operate with the United States in the War on Terrorism than any other country (Saudi Arabia included) in the region.

I'll admit that I was initially disturbed by the news, but when I gave it some thought, I concluded that it may be beneficial to our efforts in the War on Terrorism. Just think about it for a moment. The scrutinization of the new owners will be more than anyone can imagine. The likelihood of anyone who will attempt to use the DPA as a cover to infiltrate into the United States would be blown out of the water.

The Democrats are using scare tactics so they can get a "skirt" in the White House in the 2008 elections and that's something no real American should want or hope for.

new topics

top topics

join