It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.A.I.T.H

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Faith: one blind & rigid, the other open to query and investigation.

To the common theist the word faith will Instantly Inspire the word doubt. To them Is it something conjured up In desperation. They do do not realise that It Is something from a road of discovery and is only something that Is a tiny part of the much more amazining picture, but faith It-self does not mean anything on it's own, It does not stand by it-self as a whole, It is a byproduct of a deeper meaning. It takes meaning to love but it takes faith to hold that love true to your self.

A man that stands tall In what he holds most high, the person three steps behind him will ask the man why Is it that he stands so tall, for there Is nothing beneath his feet, to him I say look beyond the world that your eyes deny, and you shall see.

Brave Is the man that stands on the edge of what he holds most high, for It will only make him stronger. Faith must be flexible because other wise It will only brake.

The word faith has been redefined to mean belief (i.e. a word which already exists). If faith is open to question, let alone able to change, does it remain faith? Is this a question of weak vs. strong faith?

Theists have a very complex vocabulary revolving around faith:

strong faith
weak faith
wavering faith
blind faith
lost faith

etc. But again, the key thing is to see past the words and try to see
what they're pointing at. There Is a truth that was given to all brothers and sisters, but when man takes that truth and uses It for his own means It becomes corrupted and his fellow man loses out because the truth that It originated from Is lost.

Because of the errors of mankind the man that still holds the truth In his heart dear to him will be shunned and ridiculed unjustifiably because It Is thought of In the wrong way and compared to the manipulated truth.

So have faith, but keep It real, make it real!

Luke 21:33
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by One_Love_One_GOD
Faith must be flexible because other wise It will only brake.

So what if it breaks? All you have done is to implicitly assume faith is viruous. It isn't. Faith is a childish and foolish clinging to bias to satiate the ego.

To someone who seeks truth over comfort, faith must be tossed aside with the garbage and replaced with unpredjudiced inquiry that can be led wherever the evidence leads, and a willingness to say "I don't know", when that's the appropriate answer.

1 Cor. 13:11
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways"

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Faith must be flexible because other wise It will only brake.

So what if it breaks? All you have done is to implicitly assume faith is viruous. It isn't. Faith is a childish and foolish clinging to bias to satiate the ego.

To someone who seeks truth over comfort, faith must be tossed aside with the garbage and replaced with unpredjudiced inquiry that can be led wherever the evidence leads, and a willingness to say "I don't know", when that's the appropriate answer.

1 Cor. 13:11
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways"

HA!

What a strange and twisted view you have of faith, so you have no faith In anything?

You hold no faith In your loved ones.

You hold no faith for your own future.

A faith that breaks was a faith that was never there In the first place because faith must never stop you from query and investigation.

Faith Is only a byproduct of something larger.

Faith Is an after effect.

Re-read the post mate because you didn't seem to get the core of what I was saying.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

HA!

What a strange and twisted view you have of faith, so you have no faith In anything?

I try not to.

You hold no faith In your loved ones.

You hold no faith for your own future.

That's correct. I merely have judgements on these things based on inference. I could well be wrong in those judgements.

A faith that breaks was a faith that was never there In the first place because faith must never stop you from query and investigation.

Unbreakable faith indicates a closed mind unwilling to consider the possibility it could be mistaken. How could that be considered virtuous in any way?

Faith that is breakable through inquiry is not faith at all, but simply a judgement held contingently. Judgements are amoral. They are simply an assessment of liklihoods.

new topics

top topics

join