It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Im not sure, but I belive that the devil was a angel originally, then he was sent to hell because he wanted to rule. Now that is what Ive been taught, so my question is based on this. Here is my question,

In genisis, god creates the Earth and the FIRST Man and Woman, the devil speaks to Eve the FIRST Woman, however the devil should not exist because he could not be a fallen angel if he never lived. Therefore, satan would be a god or satan would not have existed at this time and that means the bible is flawed indefinitley... please help answer this question.... How did the devil speak to eve if he was not there yet?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Satan was cast down from heaven before the Earth even existed.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Angels" are not dead people. Arch angel Gabriel was there at the begining.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Then where did they come from? THe Angels were they created by god aswell?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Of course GOD created everything living and dead and never living.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Did he create himself?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ever read the Gnostics? Cool stuff. Our God is the son of one of the original Goods from the founding of the universe.

If you believe then God has always been. It is impossible for humans to comprehend infinity. Picture being trapped in an elevator with Yanni playing.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No one has the answer to this ,but maybe he became self aware and created everything?

There has to be a beginning does there not.

I'm sorry but I cannot answer this as I'm not wise enough.

The bible says "In the beginning there was a word
And the word was GOD,
And the word was with GOD.

After that I guess It's a matter of faith.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by inspiringyouth
Did he create himself?

He was and Is and will forever be.

Somthing the human mind may never be able to understand.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Im not sure, but I belive that the devil was a angel originally, then he was sent to hell because he wanted to rule. Now that is what Ive been taught, so my question is based on this. Here is my question,

You failed to mention the conspiracy involved in this post. I'll tack a guess at it for you;

--somehow, someone who clearly doesn't believe this stuff has been led to give it enough credence to be questioning it nonetheless. That would take quite a pervasive brain washing effort I would think.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It should come as no surprise that the Bible is flawed, seeing as how it was written by man at a time when they knew even less than we know now. Most of all they never thought that anyone would ever be able to see how little they knew. How wrong they were.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

please help answer this question.... How did the devil speak to eve if he was not there yet?

There is nothing in the old testament to say that the serpent was Lucifer that was an assumption put forward later. In fact there is no mention of Satan or Lucifer in Genesis at all.

Originally posted by kuhl
Satan was cast down from heaven before the Earth even existed.

Cast down to where exactly? And Lucifer (not Satan which means adversary) must have been cast out after Adam and Eve as the bible states, by god himself, that even after Adam and Eve everything god created was good. "Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day" So if Lucifer and mates had been bad why did god say all was good?

On the subject of angels here's a little teaser. Why if god is so omni'whatever' does he need helpers in the form of angels and such like?

G

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Adam, Eve, and Lucifer story is not found in the bible. It is just an add in that christians use to scare you straight. Ooooh the devil made me do it.
There is another book that was not put in the bible (cant recall name) because it was basically the retelling of genisis from a different view.
In this book the story goes that god created earth and then he created man. This man was Adam. God then told the angels (no explaination where the angels come from, but remember that in greek and roman mythology you had Zeus the head god and then all the other less important gods so this is probably where the angels come from as it is obvious that the hebrews took alot of greek mythology and changed it to be there own) to bow down to his greatest creation Adam. The angel
Morning Star refused because he was an angel not a creations so why should he bow down. God got pissed and exiled him and all the other angels who agreed with Morning Star to earth.

Now you have Adam and Eve chillen in the garden. In this book they basically lived in seperate homes on different sides of the garden. One day Morning Star who was diguised as a serpent told Eve that she should eat the fruit because God is hiding something from them and that she will greatly benifit from eating it. So she eats the fruit (not Adam) god get pissed and exiles them. But he makes a deal with them and says that if the pay a penence that he will return them to the garden. So he has them stand in two different rivers for like 40 days or so (Eves time was less then Adams and her river was not rough or deep). Then after like 20 or so days Morning Star came to her proclaiming that god had said they were forgivin and told her to leave the river and go tell Adam. When the Morning Star and Eve showed up Adam recognised Morning Star (remember he would not bow down to Adam, and Eve had not been made yet ) and then God casted them out completely. God also made some other things harder for them too.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
The Adam, Eve, and Lucifer story is not found in the bible.

True, but the Adam and Eve and the serpent story is found in the Bible.

-not that it matters what the Bible says

Originally posted by plague
There is another book that was not put in the bible (cant recall name) because it was basically the retelling of genisis from a different view.
In this book the story goes that god created earth and then he created man. This man was Adam. God then told the angels ... to bow down to his greatest creation Adam. The angel Morning Star refused because he was an angel not a creations so why should he bow down.

This is a common theme in ancient mythology. I suspect you are referring to Sumerian mythology.

new topics

top topics

join