It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GoodBye Tooth Brushes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dont know a single person who likes to brush there teeth every day...but we all have to otherwise you will have ugly yellow teeth, and cavities.

That may be a thing of the past, Active Fluorinex is an Israel based company that is working on a teeth protectant layer that will keep you teeth clean and healthy and cavity free for up to 5 years!!! and you wont have to brush once!

Finally something everyone would love to have. No one likes dentist offices, and there drills...and if this product works as well as its hoped...It will sell like crazy. There expecting that it will be on the market within 1 to 1 1/2 years.

Active Fluorinex
New device fights tooth decay with electricity

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect that this device will end oral hygiene as we now know it. Caries are really the least of your worries. Most tooth loss is due to gum disease. Still, fighting cavities is a worthy endeavor and progress in this area will be very welcome.

www.webmd.com...

www.qualitydentistry.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh yesssss...besides the fact that my mother will be out of a job (dentist), I'm physced. I was just thinking about how to eliminate brushing the other day. Perhaps nanomachines that "live" on your teeth and routinly clean throughout the day...hmm ponder that one.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ok, how about a blue light that kills off Black-pigmented bacteria that cause periodontal disease?

www.harvard-magazine.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That's great, but if you want to have friends, I'm betting brushing and flossing will be with us for as long as we have teeth.

Maybe UnMature can ask her mother for an opinion.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Good luck with your bad breath after not brushing for 5 years.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well if it wasn't for our mother's diet while breastfeeding and putting those refined starches and sugars into our mouth's, we would not have to come up with devices like this to fight cavities.
Here is a link talking about breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding and cavities
Our mouth is sterile when we are born, it is the bacteria our parent's introduce to us that cause a majority of tooth problems, not to mention genetics playing a big role too.

I agree with Grady, you will have to brush and floss also to help in the fight against tooth decay and halitosis.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
damn, looks like I still will need my toothbrush then. *goes to dig it out of garbage*

I guess this tech will basically just lower future denture sales.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ok, am I the only one who is really having a problem with the 5 year super-flouride thing?

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This sounds like an excellent SUPPLEMENT to standard oral hygiene. The reason why your mouth tastes like sewage in the morning is because bacteria have been eating all the leftover food in your mouth all night long. The bad taste is pretty much bacteria poop. Bacteria poop is acidic and bad for your teeth and gums, so you'll need to brush it away. Plus brushing is a good massage for your gums. This new technology might help us.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, that's interesting. Very good news, and here's some more good news: Regrowing missing teeth may someday be a possibility

I hope that when the procedure comes along, it isn't horribly expensive, and affordable only to the filthy rich.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind
Well if it wasn't for our mother's diet while breastfeeding and putting those refined starches and sugars into our mouth's, we would not have to come up with devices like this to fight cavities.
Here is a link talking about breastfeeding vs. bottlefeeding and cavities
Our mouth is sterile when we are born, it is the bacteria our parent's introduce to us that cause a majority of tooth problems, not to mention genetics playing a big role too.

Not true, as all those dentures from ancient Rome and throughout the ages will show. Very few adults before 1900 reached maturity with a full set of teeth.

Like many others, I'm not giving up my toothbrush.. if only to defend against morning breath. Oy!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Byrd, I was not saying we shouldn't use toothbrushes, I guess that post looked a little misleading.
Is it because they did not brush like we do now that they did not get their full set of teeth? They did chew on aromatic twigs back then tho, maybe the sap is what did it.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Most of cavitys are cause by SUGAR. If you look at skulls of people that lived before sugar was discovered most of them their teeth and the only damage they have is regular wear. After sugar was discovered thats when everyone started to have problems with teeth.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ok, am I the only one who is really having a problem with the 5 year super-flouride thing?

No Thomas, you're not. I have a problem with the electrical component too.

About 5 years ago all the sudden the dentists were pushing the floruride treatment to adults (previously reserved for children with growing teeth) on their annual program. I refused. I also refuse the xrays.

I grew up on well water, so was never exposed to ingesting flouride growing up and my teeth are fine. I don't buy it and the questionable side affects of flouride are still unresolved in my book.

Now, I was diagnosed with gum disease at 35, which resulted in requiring cleanings 4 times a year to keep it under control. Then I discoved a natural toothpaste with grapeseed extract as an active ingredient and it has totally stopped the gum disease. I actually think the active ingredients in most commercial toothpastes do more harm than good in disrupting the natural balance in the mouth and that they are too aggresive, actually causing a loss of enamel over years of use, leading to a lot of the problems causing tooth decay and loss in the end. Of course, no one will admit this, but from my experience, it's worked for me, while everyone I know who does everything "they are suppossed to do" to maintain good dental health are losing teeth by now.

I even find flossing questionable. My concern is that it is forcing bacteria into the gums that leads to further risk of gum disease. I don't do it, never have and never will. As far as I can tell, a water pic gets out more garbage than flossing anyway, though no dentist will agree with that.

My personal opinion is that the entire industry is filled with flaws and they are backfiring on most of us.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ya'll know that the tooth brush was invented in Texas don't ya.

If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called a "teeth brush."

I believe a person would still need to brush just to get the food bits.

Five year of protection would be nice.

Roper

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Most of cavitys are cause by SUGAR. If you look at skulls of people that lived before sugar was discovered most of them their teeth and the only damage they have is regular wear. After sugar was discovered thats when everyone started to have problems with teeth.

That sounds like something your mom told you so you wouldn't eat candy.

A long time ago, people wanted bright white teeth, and they used bleeth. Which gave them a good smile for awhile...but it ate away at there teeth, and all ended up with false teeth later on in there life, that was back when a tooth brushes bristles were made from pig hair.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

\

It was on the discovery chan, next time you watch a program about mummies or whatever notice how they all have their teeth intact.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

\

It was on the discovery chan, next time you watch a program about mummies or whatever notice how they all have their teeth intact.

yeah...teeth are pretty rezilliant.
But back them they didn't have bleech...and they lived shorter lives...which means there teeth didn't get used as much as current ones do.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That's bull#, the most dreadful form of tooth (realted) decay is gum disease, can't superharden that, can you?

btw, i have a link in my sig, dubbed 'native diets' for anyone who's interested.

top topics

join