It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion - 03/21/2006

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well everyone its coming! Just around the corner is hopefully the best RPG to come out in the last couple of years. I already pre-ordered the PC Version (Colectors Edition) at my local EB.

Anyone as excited as I am!?!?!?!

JAK

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If my system could run it I'd be more excited!

Enjoy.

Jak

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
If my system could run it I'd be more excited!

Enjoy.

Jak

It's also coming out for the XBOX 360!.... just in case

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm defanitly looking foward to this one, but where did you get that date from? I dont see anything announced on the offical site but mabye im just blind

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The March release date is a "best guess" by vdgame journalists. Bethesda has not released an official release date as of yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in March or April.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merkeva
I'm defanitly looking foward to this one, but where did you get that date from? I dont see anything announced on the offical site but mabye im just blind

Well EB Games and Gamestop have the 03/21/2006 release date so thats where it came from. Im hoping the game does not get delayed again since it was supposed to come out in 11/2005.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They've pushed the release date back several times....if they don't release it it March I'm going to be....very upset. I'm really looking forward to this game. I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind and spent hundreds of hours playing each.

There are a few issues I worry about though, like the lack of levitation, werewolves, and scaling items and monsters to match the level of the player. Ah well, there's always mods.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
They've pushed the release date back several times....if they don't release it it March I'm going to be....very upset. I'm really looking forward to this game. I loved Daggerfall and Morrowind and spent hundreds of hours playing each.

There are a few issues I worry about though, like the lack of levitation, werewolves, and scaling items and monsters to match the level of the player. Ah well, there's always mods.

Well from all I've seen and read the game looks incredible. I can't wait!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Merkeva

Well EB Games and Gamestop have the 03/21/2006 release date so thats where it came from. Im hoping the game does not get delayed again since it was supposed to come out in 11/2005.

I hope your bloody well right, im at bursting point waiting for this game,come on Bethesda get the finger out

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here are the specs for Oblivian. Depressing.... I may actually have to upgrade aarg.

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I can't wait for this game, its the only reason i'll go out and by a Xbox 360 right now.

I would get it for PC but i need a major upgrade.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
dude im getting it..for pc but im only getting it so i can wait till fable 2 coems out.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yes. I just pray that it's not going to disappoint me like Fable did, or Halo 2 did.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Yes. I just pray that it's not going to disappoint me like Fable did, or Halo 2 did.

Cmon this is Bethesda, there hasn't been an Elder Scrolls game yet that has sucked.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
rpg's in any form are a wast of time IMO. too many cheaters and what not in the computer games, you get killed and lose everything you have, worring about leveling up.

war games and FPS's are the way to go, again IMO. its all based on actual "skill" if you can call being good at a computer game a skill.

i am a huge fan of computer/video games but if you really want a gaming treat try minature war gamming. I play Flames of War(WWII) and Classic Battletech(which some of you might of heard of, and my uncle used to work for the company who made it) the ORGINAL game of armored combat. they are fun to play and are relativly inexpensive to get started in. though painting skills are a plus.

ill post pics of some of my stuff here in a diffrent thread if you wanna see it

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Some people like oh I dunno a story and character development. Anyway the only RPGish about this one is that you have stats, it's much more of a Action/RPG then a true RPG. Of course if you got an attention span of a gnat then oh well, you're loss.

too many cheaters and what not in the computer games,

You're talking about MMORPG's right? Cheating in an RPG is just stupid.

you get killed and lose everything you have, worring about leveling up.

Uhh I'm not aware of any RPG that makes you lose every thing when you die. I play good RPGs not crappy ones.

With that said all War games are is a slightly more complex form of Rock Paper Scissors
Last RTS I played was C&C:Generals and it still didn't stand up to Starcraft which was the last great RTS. Every RTS since then has just been a cheap imitation.

And FPS's get boring killing the same thing over and over again with little plot development. There are exceptions to this like Escape from Butchers Bay, F.E.A.R. and the Max Payne titles but that's about it. HL and HL2 blew chuncks, and CS is so full of cheaters theres no point in playing anymore.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 5-2-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I can't wait for it. I am on the elderscrolls forum as ZanZaBaR.

I hope my computer can play it maxed
Pentium 4 650 64bit 3.4ghz w/ HT 800mhz FSB
2gig DDR2 PC4200
X850XT PE
7200RPM 160gig Harddisk

[edit on 10/2/06 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsSmarter
Yeah, I can't wait for it. I am on the elderscrolls forum as ZanZaBaR.

I hope my computer can play it maxed
Pentium 4 650 64bit 3.4ghz w/ HT 800mhz FSB
2gig DDR2 PC4200
X850XT PE
7200RPM 160gig Harddisk

[edit on 10/2/06 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

You'll be able to do it easily with that setup. I'm jelous

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
As I mentioned in the Fallout 3 thread, my employers are likely going to buy Bethesda. Because of that, they've given me (official office dork) Elder scrolls IV and all expansions.

This game has occupied my life for the past month or so.

Fantastic game.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the PC, but the 360 is getting a collection with all the downloadable content and expansion on it sometime this year. It will cost I think the same amount as it is now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join