It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If President Bush Gets The Government Out of American Life Then...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I'm watching the Republican Winter Hub-Bub on CSPAN and the chairman of the Republican party is spouting about how it is the aim of the Republican party to, under the direction of the great heeve-hoer Bush, to get the gov't out of American life.

If they succeed in doing that then the corporations will be the only citizens and we will all be slaves to that dictum.

This must be how god and the Republican party meant it to be, huh?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
That's bogus. The current incarnation of the Republican Party exists to take over your private life and all your decisions, from the bedroom, to marriage to your reproductive organs.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They're coming to take you away....
They're coming to take you away!!!
They're coming to take you away HO HO HA HA HE HE!!!

To the funny farm!!!!

On a serious note... We will never be a complete free market society like Singapore or Hong Kong. There will always be some government intervention in this country. There will always be some kind of social program available to help people in need. The question is... How much help is to much? I personally think the government in it's current state is much to large. I fail to see how the Bush administration is doing anything to downsize it right now though?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
.....To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time..

We are in for a long long ride.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
All empty promises and propaganda aside, it is the purpose of government to accumulate power and to sell that power to the highest bidder. Just like any other business involved in the distribution of a resource, they're constantly trying to expand their market and to find new and as-yet untapped resources to service that market.

Government's primary objective is to accumulate ever more power, and the only source they have for that power is us. They gain power every time that they pass any law or create any office that in any way controls our actions or behavior, and they justify each of those laws and offices by convincing one or another group of ideologues that it's a good idea. By the nature of our system, that guarantees that the opposing group of ideologues will think it's a bad idea. Neither group's opinion really matters, since both can be counted on to slavishly support the actions of their party and oppose the actions of the other party. All that matters to the government, ultimately, is their ever-expanding power. Any politician who attempts to tell you otherwise is lying, and any citizen who believes otherwise is a fool.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'm watching Anti-abortionists on CSPAN and President Bush & the Republicans are talking about the waste of innocent human lives.

Do they know President Bush is responsible for the death of 30,000(more) innocent people in Iraq(that's Iraq alone)?

How much blood do you have to have on your hands before they call you a monster, a demon, a murderer?

iraqbodycount.org/index

[edit on 1/24/2006 by bodebliss]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 1-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You can call Bush whatever you want man... That's your right. Just remember to be cynical about where you get your stats and information from. You seem to have a "preconceived" anti-Bush stance which may be making it difficult to see certain facts from neutral view. For instance, go back to your linked web site and tell me where they got their body count and who "exactly" is responsible for those supposed deaths.

I generally support Bush, but I don't support or agree with "everything" he does. I mean, when he does something dumb that I don't agree with I call him out. Like, screwing with student loans for instance. As a college student this sort of thing kind of pisses me off. I survive in college right now because of these loans.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I generally support Bush, but I don't support or agree with "everything" he does. I mean, when he does something dumb that I don't agree with I call him out. Like, screwing with student loans for instance. As a college student this sort of thing kind of pisses me off. I survive in college right now because of these loans.

$12.7 billion in cuts to student loan programs, and unfunding of law enforcement to track down uncollected child support. That's how they paid for a fraction of people like Dick Cheney's tax "relief."

They hate working people. Period.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

I feel for you. I for one think, the funding should be there for anyone who can maintain a C+ average. The rich shouldn't be the only ones that get to go to college.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
you are so right man i think that pretty much sum's up the republicains ideas and life... mainly cause most of em are *very* rich from oil and ECT.

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

top topics

join