It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rice calls for UN to act on Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

1. Russia/China can just as easily Veto anything thrown at Iran

The Bush administration has secured a guarantee from Russia that it will not block U.S. efforts to take Tehran's nuclear case to the UN Security Council.

Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov told Secretary of State Rice Tuesday that Russia would abstain rather than vote against U.S. efforts to move the issue from the International Atomic Energy Agency to the Security Council.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
and they can trust Russia not to back down at the lat moment and indanger their ties with Iran and so on

also that leaves China who currently has a couple of billion on Iran for oil and so on

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
If Israel was so "trigger happy" they would have already used their nukes on Iran, yet they haven't.

You call Israel "trigger happy" because they respond by attacking places in Palestine where missiles are fired from to kill Israeli citizens?....

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Muaddib]
I'd call Israel trigger happy. I have a few Israeli friends, who tell me basically the majority of Jews there would totally wipe the Arabs off the map in a second if they could. They say if something major does happen they wouldn't be surprised if Israel wipse out most of the middle east.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The fact that both IRAq and IRAn consist mostly of IRA, a well known terror organization, attests to their dastard motives. That's good enough for me - and it should be good enough for you, too.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Iran will develop nuclear weapons to blunt the threat of invasions. I doubt they are fools enough to use them and end their society in a heap of molten slag.

So who can blame Iran? What nation wants to get invaded for their natural resources and a have new PNAC puppet government installed that sets in motion ways so that mega-conglomerate industries can rape their country blind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join