It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ariel Sharon Rushed to Hospital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
PM Ariel Sharon has once again fallen ill with symptoms possibly reflecting another mini stroke. It's possible that this will delay his scheduled heart surgery which was supposed to take place tomorrow morning.

www.jpost.com
Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was rushed to Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital in Jerusalem again late Wednesday night. Sharon, according to Channel 10 reportedly was conscious, and able to speak, but was suffering from some weakness.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As it stands Sharon was to relinquish control of the government to Ehud Olmert during his surgery tomorrow morning, but this does raise the question of whether or not something more long term is necessary. He seems to be in failing health lately and in this particularly volatile time in the middle east it's difficult to have a leader who is not in charge all the time.

His office is stating that he's fine and the procedure tomorrow is a brief one, but surely citizens are concerned that something is going on.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Nerdling]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sharon was scheduled to undergo a cardiac catheterization Thursday at the Hadassah University Hospital, Ein Karem / Jerusalem, which will involve full anesthetic. The anesthetization is scheduled to last 40 minutes, and the surgery will take another 40 minutes. The entire procedure is scheduled to last three hours.

His doctors said he would not suffer long-term effects from his last stroke, but they discovered a birth defect in his heart that apparently contributed to the stroke.

Furthermore,

On the eve of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's hospitalization to undergo a cardiac catheterization,

his Kadima party has recorded another rise in the polls to 42 Knesset seats, compared with 39 seats two weeks ago.

Poll: PM's Kadima picks up three more seats, Labor drops two

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Riwka, what's the word in Israel now?

Is his current hospital visit for feeling weak going to throw a wrench in the schedule for his surgery tomorrow, or are they planning on going ahead with it on time?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sharon`s cardiac catheterization scheduled for Thursday probably may be performed early.

It is reported that he has been brought into the hospital on a stretcher.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm hearing its a possible blood clot or cardiac arrest. He's been given shots of anti-coagulants.

Critical situation. We'll *know* soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yikes...

Cardiac arrest doesn't sound likely because they did mention him being awake and on the cell phone, which wouldn't be possible under that condition. If he is getting clot busting drugs I'd lean more towards a possible repeat of the mini-stroke from last month.

I had read that he's been taking coumadin for that very purpose since December, so perhaps it wasn't working so well.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He looks pretty unhealthy; I'd be surprised if he makes it through this retaining power (he'll probably be lucky if he just survives)...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Got a second report on it now.

It's not a stroke but a bad reaction to anti-coagulant shots and is supposedly an internal hemorrhage.

No word on condition.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
There is also a report that quotes a doctor as saying Sharon has suffered second stroke.

Originally posted by Djarums

I had read that he's been taking coumadin for that very purpose since December, so perhaps it wasn't working so well.

Yes, haaretz today reports that since the stroke, Sharon has been receiving blood thinners to try to prevent a recurrence of the clotting that caused the stroke.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I know Sharon is tough as old boots but i cannot see him carrying on after this.

I feel he will be out of hospital in afew days, but i really cannot see him going back to work after this

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He has suffered a "significant stroke".

Powers have been transferred to his deputy.

I'm unsure but I dont think he'll stay in power much longer.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm unsure but I dont think he'll stay in power much longer.

Agreed.
Who will take over? will an early election be called?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
PM Sharon had suffered significant stroke, Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital Director-General Prof. Shlomo Mor Yosef announced Wednesday night.

Sharon is under general anesthetic and is receiving breathing assistance as his condition is assessed, intra-cranial bleeding was detected

Deputy Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has Olmert has been designated as a temporary replacement for the next 100 days.

Originally posted by infinite

will an early election be called?

Election will be on March 28.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Election will be on March 28.

thank you Riwka,
so if the worst happens, his administration would carry on to election day?

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ken.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's condition is very serious.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He won't make it.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Right now on the news they are saying he suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage. And of course they are speculating on the causes and prognosis.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Things look grim for the PM of Israel right now. Regardless of individual opinions of the man let's all pray for a recovery.

Should Sharon die, it would have significant impact on Israeli and Palestinian political elections in the coming weeks and months.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
cut to scenes of palastinians rejoicing ....

This will certinaly upset the delicate balance in Israel now.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

23:56 Sharon`s surgery time will depend on location of hemorrhage (Channel 10)
23:49 Doctors: Sharon suffered cerebral hemorrhage, is receiving breathing assistance (AP)
23:45 Sharon in very serious condition, has been taken into surgery (Channel 10)
23:44 TV reports: Sharon`s life may be in danger (AP)
23:43 Sharon suffering from paralysis in his lower body (Channel 2)
23:41 Report: Sharon`s stroke is very serious (Channel 10)
23:40 Lapid: all of Israel opponents and friends, wish Sharon quick recovery (Channel 10)
23:39 Ehud Olmert is acting prime minister for the next 100 days (Channel 10)
23:33 Hadassah general manager: Sharon has suffered `significant stroke` (Channel 10)
23:32 Olmert taking over prime minister powers (Channel 10)
23:31 Sharon anesthetized for treatment (Channel 2)
23:24 Palestinian election committee sends letter to Abbas tendering their resignation (AP)

www.haaretz.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join