It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Political Party in Sweden Forms to Fight Copyright and IP Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Tired of being deemed a criminal and a terrorist by the system for sharing a few measly files at no financial gain or loss to anyone? Tired of seeing the developing world starve because the developed syndicate refuses to share its intellectual property? Tired of corporations engaging in the racketeering of the developing world, stealing millennia old agricultural ideas and claiming them as their own? Do you feel that a few power hungry individuals and greedy corporate entities are infringing on YOUR privacy and integrity? If so, you may be what we are looking for. You may in fact be a "pirate" without knowing it.

Swedish citizens can support the formation of the "Pirate Party" here:
www.piratpartiet.se...

Piratpartiet promises to:

* Strike out immaterial law. Every last bit of it.
* Disregard WIPO and WTO completely. Even though the US will "go bananas" as they put it.
* Annul any further treaties or policies that hinder the free flow of information.
* Stand up for privacy. No data retention nonsense based on terrorism shills or failed **AA business models.

As far as I can tell, the founders seem to share (but this is just speculation) a radical form of capitalism and belief in free markets that views intellectual property as illegal monopolies. In effect obstacles to the truly free market.

battleangel.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Battleangel.org

Official site(Swedish): www.piratpartiet.se...
Another Link:Technocrat

Although I hate the RIAA and their draconian methods of enforcing their ill-perceived standards, I also don't want to see artists not getting thier just dues. Although the new "Coldplay" cd has:

Thank you very much for purchasing this CD and helping the cause of "Anti-Piracy." The recordings in this CD have an anti-copying function. They cannot be copied into a PC. In order for you to enjoy high quality music, we have added this special technology.
A CD insert to make Sony blush

Which really upsets me! What if I want to listen to it on my portable mp3 player? I guess I'd have to download it illegally!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Good.

It's high time someone stood up to these bully's and their absurd and insane version of 'intellectual property rights'.

The anti-copying crusade isn't about anything other than raking out the maximum possible profit, no matter how extreme the tactics they use nor who gets hurt in the process........but you can bet the 'targets' the industry picks on won't be those kids from the wealthy people of influence, hmm?

Those people have been at this lie for decades, literally. -

The real thing that is killing music/movies is a greedy blind industry forever caught up in flogging stale and old dead 'sure thing' horses to death or grossly over-charging for what they sell.

The whole copyrighting 'system' needs a huge kick up the ar$e, with a big dose of 'fair and reasonable use' injected.....along with some sanity about this 'intellectual property' when it has entered 'the public domain'.

For instance, why shouldn't I be 'allowed' to make CDs by downloading music I already 'own', having bought the original vinyl LP long ago?

If I really thought any of this was truly about the struggling artist I might cut them some slack but I don't believe that for one moment.
The famous 'don't do it kids!' advert from Metallica (a band I once respected).......as they sat around in grotesque opulence by their swimming pool on their mansion grounds sipping cocktails, said it all for me.
Struggling artists my a$$!

[edit on 3-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

join