It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice how this year (2006) people do not seem to be concerned of the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Traditionally everyone seems to be concerned about new year resolutions or talk about a sinificant changes In theres Lives be It giving up smoking or whatever, oddly not one of my friends or family have even mentioned this lol, It sounds odd I know but just seems a little out of ordernary to me

Peace and love.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Happy New Year, One_Love, One_God.

Could it be because they've read the Bible Codes and know we're all gonna die this year?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by fritz]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have thought about the future, this year I was planning to get married, however I still haven't gf and don't know how it will be done, but I am firm this is right year.
I graduated just recently, so the odds are in my favor.
So, I noticed too, this year was easily overlooked and it is good, all the years people expected to change the life, it changed but for the worse.
have a good and abundant year!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have noticed an attitude change, but it has been one of more concern about the future. I think 2006 is going to be a bad year. Why? Just a feeling.

On a related note, I've only kept one of my new year's resolutions so far.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah the first time I heard one of my friends mention it was today durring lunch...very funny conversation

Friend: "So...whats your new years resolution?"
Me: "Hmm....not to date any more idiots...and not to eat junk food"
Friend: "How long will this last?"
Me: "The not dating anymore idiots? Probably...a month or two...the junk food resolution?" I grab french fries "Ends now."

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I have noticed an attitude change, but it has been one of more concern about the future. I think 2006 is going to be a bad year. Why? Just a feeling.

On a related note, I've only kept one of my new year's resolutions so far.

I find it hard to believe 2006 can be worse than 2005. With all the destruction we have seen in 05, I dont think it has been matched. The tsunami was technically in 2004 but I mean the effects of that were long lasted. Katrina and Rita are two names that will not be forgotten, the war in Iraq, etc.

I believe anything short of the apocalypse maybe a stride in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Corny but true;

"well it could be worse; sure nuff, it got worse"

I don't care what others do but I'm gonna party like there's no tomorrow during 06. I'm going to work at having a good time, and laughing at doom.
One day at a time & spend my money on my friends, those I love and complete strangers. No rules, no excuses. Join me in celebrating LIFE.
What's the worst that can happen!! Won't do any good to sit around and whine. First round is on me!!

Hey pretty mama, wanna dance!!

[edit on 9-1-2006 by whaaa]

top topics

join