It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bumping" Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What's the policy on ATS with "bumping" threads?

Is it frowned upon? Is it against board policy? Will I lose points?

Thanks for any replies, I tried a search but got silly-number of results.

- edited for silly spelling

[edit on 3/1/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
My advice would be to use discretion.

I occasionally bump threads. The mods do it on a regular basis. It's not a big deal, unless you make a big deal out of it.

Like, say you had a thread that wasn't getting any replies. Bumping it once or twice would almost certainly not be a problem, but if you did it constantly I'm sure someone would notice and get annoyed by that fact.

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules against it, but doing it excessively is definitely frowned upon, by members and, assumedly, by the mods as well.

Hope that helps. Just use your good judgement. If, like me, you don't happen to have any, borrow someone else's. I use my girlfriend's.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think WyrdeOne hit the nail on the head

Bumping older threads is a good way of bringing a fresh of breath of air to the forums...Instead of new threads rehashing the same subject matter, we can read through posts from a few months back with an entirely different perspective....

Perhaps follow up your *BuMp* with a little of your own insight on the matter at hand to get the discussion flowing again....

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
With all the tagging going on, members are seeing some of the oldies but goodies of ATS.
Personally, I've run across threads that are still very relevant today and worth "bumping".

As stated by Enron and Wyred, use good judgment, add your own comment---not just *bUmP*, tell us why you think this thread should be discussed again or update the thread with developments as Hellmutt and I did here:
The Largest Demolition Derby On The Planet

new topics

top topics

join