It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New American Revolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Right on Sub. Thats spot on.

These short posts are discouraged here. Please see these links
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_renegade
Aside from Hurrican Katrina and the soldiers asking why they are there I truly respect your opinion.
The entire military was fighting overseas, and when a disaster hits home the National Guard takes control. So please do not blame the military, they were out doing what they get paid to do.

I live in Florida and have had the front set of seeing Katrina and all the others up close and personal.
We sent 20 Officers out to help with New Orleans just after the hurricane passed. They had to sit for 72 hours before they could go in!
RED TAP was the excuse when people were dieing
. We had a storm out in the ocean just last week in January for crying out loud!
Things like this piss me off to no end. How are We to help others without backup? We are going to see some VERY hard times to come if this keeps up! God know just how many storms are going to spawn this year. I am not going to sit still and see our people die over BS! This is going to start a Revolution if there is going to be one to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yea, Katrina taught us all a lesson. Both stateside and abroad we witnessed the mighty US botch a simple natural disaster. Not just a disaster, but one we could see comming. We can drop bombs on the other side of the planet in hours, yet it takes us days to drop food and water? I watch the news like 7 hours a day (I work the front desk of a hotel, so its on 24/7) and I was/am ashamed to be an American.
Even now, months later, there is little to no progress being made to turn the chaos back into order. I have friends with family that was affected, and they got a couple grand and a pat on the back. IS THIS WHY WE PAY BILLIONS IN TAXES?! Uncle Sam has proven, and continues to prove, that the average poor/middleclass American doesnt hold any sway in the "Land of the Free." We can only hope this is only one mistake, and that it will not be repeated.
Imagine a spontaneous disaster, or a terrorist attack. If we fumbled this so badly, how will we fare in something sudden? I doubt we Americans will roll over and allow our gov't to write us off for much longer. We need to see a change, or we will institute it...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join