It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Vs Ukraine (Gas Supplies) Gulp!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This wont concern many Americans yet, but they should take stock of what is happening as it may well have global implications. Russia and Ukraine have had a tiff. Russia wants to increase it's gas proce sold to Ukraine at 400%. Ukraine has said no way Jose, arguing that Russia was bullying Ukraine for taking a pro Western stance and pointed out noone else was facing hikes as much as this in gas prices. The upshot of this argument is that Russia has now cut off supplies to the Ukraine, although Russia advises it is providing enough to pass on to EU Countries. Ukraine disputes this and says Russia has not done this and this means that EU countires are now running short of gas supplies. See this link from BBC:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now with all of this in mind, dont you think people should start worrying about this? This argey bargey between Russia and Ukraine is gonna affect alot of European Countries. My country UK will be fine as we are self sufficent !!
But politically my country may be dragged into this as we hold the European Presidency at the mo.
This is the sort of squabble that if it is not sorted quickly will turn into a more damaging affair and could lead to NATO action to restore supplies. What do others think?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Russia's attempt to get the Ukraine to pay the international market rate for it's gas is being discussed here -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes i saw that! I must have posted at the same time the other thread started !!! Great minds think alike !!!!
Sorry about the confusion though, was not my intention, but would love some responses to my thoughts anyway !!

join