It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran new Attack helicopter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You know, using my amazing attention to detail
these arent even the same chopper, but different models entirely. Its more than a simple refinement. the rear fuselage boom has a slab sided cross section on the upper pic and a rounded one on the lower pic, this points to a completely different design and structure. making further comparisons (fin against fin, cockpit door against cockpit door etc) shows that there is virtually no similarirty at all, other than a cursory similarity in overall form.

external image

Furthermore, if the first image in the thread is related to either of them it can only have been as a quick and cheap design excersise or mechanical testbed as it too is completely different in detail design and could not be 'modified' to the standard of either design shown here.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
PLEASE please please read my post on the previous page at the bottom. We need to get Lonestar’s erroneous post showing the Kazan Ansat (a completely unrelated helicopter) out of the thread, it’s misleading everyone.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well I didnt check their credibility, I cross-posted from this thread by an Iranian (Ex-) member

But I still stand by that the very first picture of the thread only shows an early prototype/mock-up.

[edit on 2/1/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
sorry i didn't catch that posting before mine went up planeman. Makes sence anyways what you said. It deffently looks like a mock up or early protype

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I missed your post too planeman, sorry. But I'm still intruiged about these two choppers in my last post. Which one is the Russian design? What is the other one?

edit; Yes, now I've found that the top one is the Russian Kazan Ansat, just need to see what the lower, camouflaged one is now.

second edit. The upper picture is the original Russian concept mock up, not an actual prototype, the lower one is the more developed (and real) helicopter which explains why it is so fundamentally different.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by waynos]

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Iran should go for the Rooivalk Lite......search it on this site to see the pics

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What we need to realise is its not how big the chopper is or how heavily armed.....if those missiles are fired and they hit the target....we've met our mandate!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join