It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compliments To Whoever Had The Good Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi,

Couldn't fit it all in the title. I just wanted to say that, I'm not sure exactly when I noticed it, but I really like the fact that now at the top of the screen, my first 5 subscribed threads appear.

I find this very helpful in communication, because more often than I would have thought, I see that an old thread of mine - often one that I had all but forgotten about, was re-opened by someone, and that lets me know that it was. Therefore, I know to go and read the latest entry(s) and respond to them. Were-as without seeing that, I probably would never notice, and not have the courtesy of responding to the person(s) who re-opened it.

Anyway, I don't know if I'm just really slow - I just noticed this a couple of weeks ago - but I wanted to say thank you.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's a feature that I've enjoyed for a while now. I think it's a great improvement.
I also check the MYATS button when I'm on-line.

The list on the right brings up any threads that have new responses, and it includes the name of the member that made the reply.

And with the above list you can remove any threads your done with by clicking the red x, and only keep the threads your interested in.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Anyway, I don't know if I'm just really slow - I just noticed this a couple of weeks ago
CyberKat

Ya, you are slow.
It's been up for a while now. Of course, I find it easier just to click on the MYATS icon and I ignore the list at the top. It all depends on what each individual prefers. The thing is, that list isn't always up there, it switches with that PTS thingamajiger.

[edit on 1212/31/0505 by Acekwak]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I know that sometimes I take a while to notice things, but.....I figured if I wanted to mention it, better late than never.

I know about the "MYATS" button also, and when I remember, I do click on it. It's just that I don't always remember, and somehow that list (you're right, it sometimes shows the mud-slinging thimgamajigger too) catches my eye first.

I guess it's just each to their own.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That's one of the big things about ATS that I like. There are just so many different ways to use the site and new stuff comes along all the time.
And it really is "to each his own". Kudoes to the creators of ATS........

I've been around these boards for a while now, and I'm constantly finding out features that have been there all along, and I just hadn't seen the need, or hadn't clued in. Things like using BBCode and hosting files in places to show in your posts.

Every aspect of our life is a journey of discovery.............

new topics

top topics

join