It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Drug & Alcohol Addiction Cure Conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
THE CURE CONSPIRACY

One of the most rotten suppressions of truth and progress and
a shining example of good ole' shamanistic plant medicine that just plain works...

What is it? Drum roll...

It is... (suspense? no suspense whatsoever, geez...)

...anyway, (sighs) it is the Schedule I illegalization of IBOGAINE,
the derivative of the IBOGA plant from Africa.

For those who are not aware... it is very simple... and very fascinating!

Get this:

Of all the dozens of different methods to get people off drugs and alcohol,
there may not be a better way to achieve this elusive goal, because:

1) A WITHDRAWAL FREE detox... especially for opiate, as well as alcohol...

2) A SINGLE-DOSE detox... half-life of IBOGAINE (single dose) is something like 75 days.

3) Resets brain to a the state is was before the particular addiction... a fresh start, truly!

4) Brings mind (or heart, as a metaphor for emotional center) into present moment by de-dysfunctionalizing one's worldview and view of self by reviewing one's life (Defending Your Lifeesque) with the aide of a spirit guide that takes you from your birth to the present day. It's literally a trip- a therapuetic psychedelic journey of HEALING the damage done by alcohol and or drug addiction.

Anway- what's the conspiracy? And why?

Very simple... it is natural, straight from a plant- and therefore cannot be PATENTED.

No patent, no profit, no product... and classified as a SCHEDULE 1, deemed as dangerous as the drugs it heals addiction to, ironically. A conspiracy of intention, or a conspiracy of ignorance... either way, I think it is some form of conspiracy.

Research sources to determine for yourself if:

(site) The Ibogaine Dossier
(film) Ibogaine: Rite of Passage

Dr. Deborah Mash (or Marsh) from university of miami (mainstream scientist running FDA trials- she is on forefront of research and the drive to legalize it, great person)...

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I guess there is not much interest in the possible conspiracy to suppress

IBOGAINE

as the one-stop addiction cure... quite democratic in its' potential accessibility to all...

I came to this subject because of a couple of friends who were addicted...
do not know if it is a DISEASE or a HABIT or a COMPULSION to MAKE BAD CHOICES...

Regardless- the idea here is simple to consider:

What is there is a MIRACLE one-step cure (with supporting therapy therafter)
such as IBOGAINE? Would it be a life-saver for a friend or family member currently
unable to escape his or her addiction?

I like the sound of that- a fresh start and second chance for addicts stuck in the rut.

Anyone have an opinion about IBOGAINE?

Just wonderin'

T.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, in America, if it's natural, comes from an easily grown plant, doesn't need to be chemically processed, and helps people, it will be against the law to use it, grow it, or distribute it.

If big business can't make a profit from it and the government can't regulate or control it, forget it.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If it is all that you say it is, or even half as good as you say it is, then I think it is a complete crime that it is being kept from those who want to break their addiction. If the government could approve the process of putting someone under and conducting some sort of transfusions and whatnot for about six hours (I forget what this process is called, but I know its fairly new and it being used around the country) so that they experience all or most of their withdrawl while asleep, then I don't understand how they can justify banning a safe and effective plant derivitive like the one above. Just putting someone to sleep is dangerous in itself- it has to be far more risky than using this plant.

What I'm afraid of is that those in power don't want to cure addiction on a grand scale, as they are making tons of money off of the illegal drug trade around the world and in this country. After all, many believe we invaded Afghanistan so we could take control of the opium industry.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ultra Rapid Detox is used in some countries for opiate addictions. It is not comonly used because proper drug withdrawal treatments take months, if not years, of mental preparation and "reconditioning".

I have never heard of the plant Ibogaine before. Anything used as a psychadelic stimulant can have negative effects, just as any drug can. Who, besides this one doctor I am reading about here, is administering this so-called "spiritual guidance"? This sounds like a very tricky and dangerous emotional and mental state to be in.

I have experienced '___'-type effects from certain drugs I have taken in my youth. People with weak mental stability can easily fall prey to the "dark side" of a hallucionary trip.

from the site posted above:

I took small doses of Ibogaine for the next week every day to allow the noribogaine build up and I'm gonna guess that it worked because no craving for anything but pot and its been 22 days since my last dose of methadone or any other opiate. I'm not going to lie here, this experience is far from a cake walk and 22 days later I'm only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep and still a lot of diraria but I think that might have been something I picked up in Mexico.

This subject still has a craving for an illegal substance and he is now beginning some of the later stages of withdrawal. Later in the article the subject begins to show signs of another common, non-treated withdrawal symptom that invariably leads some back to the street: depression. He also states that merely the craving and obsession is gone.

I am just saying...this stuff probably isn't going to become the next and best withdrawal method for most long term users.

Edit:spelling

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Rouschkateer]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
To answer the post above,
this is a good counter-argument to the efficiacy of Ibogaine,
except for the fact that to be truly effective,
one must take it in ONE very LARGE therapeutic dose,
not a series of small ones.

For those unfamiliar, I urge you to Google IBOGAINE to see what I am talking about.

T.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I came to this subject because of a couple of friends who were addicted...
do not know if it is a DISEASE or a HABIT or a COMPULSION to MAKE BAD CHOICES...

Alcohol addiction as well as addiction to any other drugs is a disease. It is physical, mental and spiritual. Taking away a craving for a drug is certainly important in getting someone to stop, but you also have to treat the person's mental symptoms as well as the spiritual ones. You can't just take away the physical craving and expect that to be the end of it.

Wellbutrin, aka Zyban...is an anti-craving drug as well as an anti-depressant. It is used to help people quit smoking and works quite well if the person WANTS to quit. I was taking Wellbutrin for depression 6 years ago and managed to quit smoking at the same time and haven't had a puff since.

I am quite skeptical of any "magic bullet" drug that is marketed as a one dose cure. Addiction isn't that simple. I'm sober over 5 years (my drug of choice was alcohol) and I am a Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Couselor (CADAC).

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The founders of AA, Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob, experimented with '___' to try and find a cure for alchoholism. I believe they gave it up because they weren't very succesful and because of AA politics. Spirituality is important to most in recovery and I have read where Ibogaine could help. I remember my high school '___' experiences left a huge impression on me and my views of the world in which I live.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Though I've never used it, I am convinced that '___' is illegal because it allows people to observe things that they normally wouldn't...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just because something is naturally occurring, such as Ibogaine, doesn't mean that companies can't extract the active ingredients from it and create a drug that can be patented. In fact there is already a patented drug on the market:

Ibogaine is a psychoactive alkaloid obtained from the root of the shrub Tabernanthe iboga, found in Gabon.
Like many natural psychedelics (peyote, mescal, psilocybin) it has been used, historically, in religious contexts. In this case it is central to the Bwiti rituals of the Fang tribe in Gabon.

But ibogaine is also now used as a medication to ease drug withdrawal. This use is credited to an American named Howard Lotsof. A former heroin addict, Lotsof took ibogaine in 1962 as a recreational hallucinogen. To his surprise he found its effect was also to stall his cravings for heroin. Twenty years later he founded a company, NDA International, took out a patent and started to research the drug's potential as a therapy for addicts.

By this time ibogaine had been made a Schedule 1 restricted substance in the US. Lotsof conducted his experiments in Holland, always more liberal in this area. In partnership with Jan Bastiaans, a Dutch psychotherapist, he spent the Nineties working with volunteers.

Events turned against him. A young woman died during treatment and, though the NDA team was not implicated, too little was known about ibogaine and it was difficult to establish an actual cause of death. This was followed by funding problems for official trials being conducted at the University of Miami.

In London a dose administered under supervision costs about £500. Private clinics have also been founded in countries where it is legally available (such as St Kitts and Mexico), but prices for these treatments range from £1,000 to £9,000. One study of ibogaine describes its chemistry as 'awesome'. Certainly, useful research has been done on how it interacts with the serotogenic systems which modulate control.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So people are using the drug for treatment, and it appears to work in many cases.

This article is a truly fascinating description of a trip by a guy who was cured of his long term crack addiction by it.

The trip descriptions I have read remind me of A Christmas Carol, where scrooge is shown how things are, with the pain and loathing he causes, to how things could be if he was a better person. The guy in the article above has just such an experience, though it seems to be his own mind that is showing him these things, rather than a ghost.

I've been reading about this substance for a while now and find it very interesting. I can also see why many mainstream researchers shy away from it though, as it a "uncontrollable" treatment in many ways, and lack of control is something scientists and Drs hate.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The problem with '___' is that effects everyone differently,some people have gone insane from taking it,I tried it once in 70's,never did feel any effects,but if you were to meet my little sister you would know not to experiment with drugs,she took way too many acid trips I think,or got different genetics then rest of fmily

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The only problem I can see with this drug is that it does seem to alter the mind. Altering the mind, many would argue, is a bad thing. Even if the net result is a good thing. I sit on the fence on this issue. The hallucinogenic drugs that have passed through my system in the past haven't hurt nor helped me. Or, at least they haven't yet. Would I ever do them again? Probably not...

Yes, I experimented... Never went to extremes though.

If I was a heroine addict or an opiate addict or a coc aine addict... I would certainly hope that someone told me about this Ibogaine drug. I've lost friends to these drugs... I am sure they are still around... But they aren't the same person. I can guarantee that everyone of them wishes they could kick their habit.

This article , as previously posted, sums up a typical addicts mind set. His "after trip" experience near the end particularly intrigues me. Also, his comment about...

External source
Maybe it is a case of things having to be believed to be seen, but throughout the trip there was a buzzing and fizzing and popping in my head, almost as if nerve endings were being sorted, reconnected, cleaned and ordered into parallel lines like the ploughing of a field.
link

make me a bit hesitant about this type of treatment. It could be many years before something this "shamanistic," "spiritual," or "mind altering" unveils itself as a problem. I mean, yes it cured him for the short term. Cured him of his drug addictions. However, he still proclaims to be depressed... Even suicidal. These are probably the main reasons he become an addict in the first place.

Nothing is free, these cases presented have to have some cost involved. I am speaking about something deeper than dollars and cents here too.

A full frontal lobotomy will also cure an addict of his problems... With no withdrawal symptoms.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was a drug counselor for 15 years. I've seen how hard it is to quit a drug like heroin. I have a friend, addicted to heroin, wo used ibogaine for awhile and it really helped, it got her off the heroin, no side effects. But then the government cracked down on it and she couldn't get it any more. What happened? She went back to using, the cravings were too strong. I worked for the County and Ibogaine (as well as accupuncture) were both treatments that we looked at. It has been documented that accupuncture
produces some very positive results, it helps ease the cravings and relaxes the individual. '___' was used by Bill Wilson and a number of others back in the '60's as a highly successful treament for helping a person to overcome alcohol/drug addiction. Ibogaine already shows great promise, with no side effects. Certainly not as dangerous as dying from alcoholism or drug addiction!!

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have lost about a dozen good friends to the" Dis..ease" of addiction. I was a pallbearer at my best friends funeral. Most died after "relapse.' I would be all for anything that would help an addict stay clean and sober. Ibogaine has seemed to help from what I have read. Instead of building more prisons mabey we could build a couple of more treatment centers. Then we wouldnt need more prisons. Oh well its just my opinion and we all know what they say about those........

top topics

join