It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spell Check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've noticed that some users on here complained about spelling errors and I was wondering if a spell-check module could be implemented into post replys. This would significantly cut back on annoying hard to read posts.

I searched around and it didn't seem like anyone suggested this before. This is just a suggestion, and if it can't be implimented that's fine too.

I'm not sure where I would post suggestions, so you mod's can just move this if it's in the wrong spot.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yaah! Oh Please, I beg you give us a spell check. Don't know if everyone will use it but please give it a try. I so need one from time to time.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That's a reasonable and decent enough idea but I'm afraid it would require too much bandwidth. At least I believe that was the issue when this was suggested some time ago.

Anyway, there are decent browser integrated solutions like the new Google toolbar that do a good job with spellchecks.

Good thinking though...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
When I can be bothered, I use my right-click and go onto the iespell checker I have installed.

Download it, it hasn't ever bothered me and works like a charm. Those members who have poor spelling, grammer, etc, don't care - like me, and it is doubtful they would use such a mod.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This has come up a lot before. Think of the server load. We've already had problems with the censors, imagine what a spell check would do to us.

This is word from on high. Trust me.
Thread closed.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I use the ie one when I am in Explorer but lately have been surfing with the firefox?? mozilla one suggestions for corrections with that one would be appreciated.

top topics

join