It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiences in Gettysburg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi everyone

I am a UK radio host (see my profile in the introductions section) and a paranormal researcher, and am over in the USA for a couple of weeks doing some live radio shows from Gettysburg PA and would like to hear from people who have had paranormal experiences on the battlefields.

I would like to include your experinces in the shows, and therefore if you can e-mail me, please add a line that gives me permission to tell your story on the show.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I live relatively close to gettysburg. A few hours away. I have been there many, many times. Upwards of 20 I am sure. My father is one of those people who are fascinated by it. (Luckily he doesn't get all dressed up like the even more fanatical people). I have read books about hauntings there. I have seen television programs on it.

NEVER ONCE HAS ANYTHING REMOTELY PARANORMAL EVER HAPPENED WITH ME AS A WITNESS.

You know, when people get ideas planted in their head, sometimes they can create fear. If someone expects a dark cemetery to be haunted, then being in one will scare them. When you are scared, your senses are just a bit sharper. You hear noises that you normally wouldn't pay any attention too. See shadows in the same manner. Then you question what it is that you have seen, and in the process of trying to answer that, you recall what you have been told. Your mind then may relate the two, causing you to believe that they are the same.

I don't know for sure whether or not ghosts, or hauntings exist. I am skeptical though. I am skeptical because I have been that person who I described above, scared and alert. However, when I look back into situations where I was convinced I saw something abnormal, and take away the fear, I see things differently.

By the way, anyone who is warfare history and is able, should visit.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I started out as a skeptic and it was almost two years before my first encounter head to head with what I believe to be spirit.

As I said to someone earlier, 90% of all alleged encounters with the paranormal have a scientific and rational explanation, but the 10% that do not, fascinate me.

I think we must always remain logical and rational when investigating anomalous phenomena, but we must also ALWAYS keep both our eyes and MINDS open.

Ross

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush
I started out as a skeptic and it was almost two years before my first encounter head to head with what I believe to be spirit.

As I said to someone earlier, 90% of all alleged encounters with the paranormal have a scientific and rational explanation, but the 10% that do not, fascinate me.

I think we must always remain logical and rational when investigating anomalous phenomena, but we must also ALWAYS keep both our eyes and MINDS open.

Agreed. I just think that in places like Gettysburg, that 90% figure you stated above is skewed. I would say more like 99.999999999999999% of the sightings and experiences there are able to be explained rationally. The reason for this is that people go there expecting and HOPING to see something.

Ross

top topics

join