It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus loves you, but he will kill your children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

(Revelation 2:22-23

Perhaps the proper meaning of the above text can only be known to those who are not trying to quanitify life with a broken mind. How big is your subconscious mind? You know, the part of your mind you are not listening to consciously, ya that part.

So I guess either way, its pretty grim.

That is in the eye of the beholder.

What if your own truth needs to utilize 400,000,000,000 pieces of the jigsaw puzzle, and your fears prevent you from looking at no more than 2,000 pieces at a time?

Self preservation introduces a neccesity for fear.

Fear of the unknown is fear.

Fear the unknown enough leads to being too afraid to know the unknown.

One message. That is it. Your Fear breaks your mind, compartmentalizes your fears.

All unknown is naturally feared. If it is naturally feared, then it is suppressed subconsciously. How much can your subconscious suppress? Everyone finds out, or dies trying.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whenever Im am confronted with something like this, which I will never find an answer to, that will have people arguing for generations, I remember the quote in the film "Devils Advocate" starring Al Pacino...

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it.

He gives man INSTINCTS! He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusment, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition.
It's the goof of all time.

Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste! Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha! And when you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f**kin' a$$ off. He's a tight-a$$! He's a sadist! He's an absentee landlord. Worship THAT? NEVER!"

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
yeah that movie is great >...LOL

but another funny thing is ...sooner or later EVERYONE who is so proud to refuse to worship God, eventually comes to a bad situation will think "why God ? Help me God..."... so typical...

even after 9/11 i dealt with many atheists and followers of other religions, and the common question was "why did God let this happen ?"...to Atheists I asked back : " God, what God ? How can someone ho doesnt exhist be blamed ?" and to the followers of the other religions I asked : " Ask your Own God...he's suppose to be the real one."

Whenthe "mud" hits the fans, everyone calls out for God. In fact ... over 60% of inmates are either converst to Christianity ... When they locked up they all want Jesus...

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
but another funny thing is ...sooner or later EVERYONE who is so proud to refuse to worship God, eventually comes to a bad situation will think "why God ? Help me God..."... so typical...

I know first hand this is BS.

even after 9/11 i dealt with many atheists and followers of other religions, and the common question was "why did God let this happen ?"...

...then they weren't True™ Atheists.

Whenthe "mud" hits the fans, everyone calls out for God.

No, they don't.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

I know first hand this is BS.

I spoke with plenty of knowledge of people who have donne...soooo..no BS..sorry

...then they weren't True™ Atheists.

OY... now you're sounding like the Baptists... "truly saved...not truly saved"..."true Atheists"...."NOT true Atheist"...

So who is the true Atheist ? You ? EVERY Atheists in this world as once or twice in their INTIRE life asked" why God"... and if you believe they haven't, you're living in deniale. Even you have donne it.

No, they don't.
Really ? like you didnt ? That certain day ?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
My personal thougths after 9/11 were "Evil B*s*ards".

I believe that peoples faith or lack of it is tested at tough times.

I dont believe in the god that mainstream religions believe in but I do believe in a God and Goddess. If something bad happens to me in my life then I dont go and ask them why. I ask them to help me fix it, or feel better, or have courage, or give me strength.

I think it is down to how strong your faith is, or how strong your lack of faith is when confronted by something terrible. If youre doing the opposite to what you thought you believed then you need to look at your beliefs again.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin

I believe that peoples faith or lack of it is tested at tough times.

I dont believe in the god that mainstream religions believe in but I do believe in a God and Goddess. If something bad happens to me in my life then I dont go and ask them why. I ask them to help me fix it, or feel better, or have courage, or give me strength.

I think it is down to how strong your faith is, or how strong your lack of faith is when confronted by something terrible. If youre doing the opposite to what you thought you believed then you need to look at your beliefs again.

and thats waht Christianity is all about ... note I said Christianity ...not protestanism... the doifference is they pary to God in the name of Jesus, and in your case you pray to the God and the Goddess.

now, does your religion say anything about what happens to non-beleivers ?

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
its funny judiasm is the only religion that has a believe this or be utterly destroyed........no i didnt forget you christians and muslims ..i just lump you guys in with your real religion judiasm......

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir now, does your religion say anything about what happens to non-beleivers ?

Well I personally believe in reincarnation. Only when youve learnt all the lessons we have to then we assend to a higher level and stay there.

I like the earthly pleasures too much so i know Im gonna be coming back.
Ive been good tho so maybe next time Ill win the lottery

top topics

<< 1   >>

join