It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Medley- The Declaration-A Change Is Gonna Come-People Gotta Be Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

PODcast: Medley- The Declaration-A Change Is Gonna Come-People Gotta Be Free
Ladies and gentlemen, podcasting from the British Indian Ocean Territories of Diego Garcia. this is user member curme. from abovetopsecretdotcom.
this is the United States Declaration of Independence, as interpreted by the Fifth Dimension. Maybe we can learn something new, from a fresh interpretation.

length: 11:14
file: btsmpod_1120.mp3
size: 2636k
feed: btsm

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Wow Curme, who would even think to put that to music. Who would even think you could.

I am astounded anew every day by both the creativity and the willingness to just share it with us here.

This was great. Thanks for this one.

You know what? ATS - Is there any end to what comes out of this place?

I've never even thought of owning a portable CD player when they came out, but I swear, I gotta get an IPod just to download all the great stuff going on at BTS music.

By the way, I haven't heard an original BTS music podcast yet I haven't liked even if it wasn't my usual style of music. All of you posting here really have talent.

[edit on 12/23/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I did not write or compose the melody, it's been around for at least 30 years! The band, The Fifth Dimension, are the originators of the melody.

I think it is so beautiful because it is a protest song. It was protesting the civil rights against blacks. How did they do it? They read the freakin' Declaration of Independence! You can't argue with that, huh?

Can you imagine black Americans reading the Constitution, when they can't even drink from the same water fountain as whites? The best way to combat that is to read the Constitution out loud! So everyone can hear it!

We need that passion that was in the 60s now, in the 06's! Now, Americans of every color are fighting to survive!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I realized this was not an original piece, I had just never heard it before and thought it was a great one to share.

I also agree the words of these documents are actually inspiring and I often read them myself every so often. We were introduced them at an early age in school (I wonder if they even still do that) and I don't think you can fully grasp them at that age.

Once agan, thatnks for sharing that.

top topics

join