It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palace of Westminster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi there I'm new here. I'm starting to get really interested in all this stuff, and was wondering about something

The palace of westminster. If anyone's visited, or even if you haven't. Anyone seen the central lobby? I can't find a picture of it, and can't remeber how many sides it had, but on the floor, theres this marvelous ornate star shape, is it occult, masonic, or even the star of david. And the whole palace, particularly, the the House of Lords, reminds me of a masonic temple.

Also what are the connetions of inner temple, the inns of court etc in London

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
here`s the pick i think your looking for of the lobby floor?

not sure what symbol it is the star of David has 6 points.I`m sure someone will come along soon and answer it

[edit on 23-12-2005 by gps777]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
here`s an 8 pointed star on a tarot bag,i think there were 8 pointed stars on templars rings though doing a search on it now.

here we go...........
The Eight Pointed Star is the cross of Saint John. It originated in the Maltese Cross, the emblem of the Knights of Malta, and was used by the Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem at the time of the crusades.

[edit on 23-12-2005 by gps777]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
ah cheers guys, interesting

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It looks a lot more like a compass rose, certainly an appropriate emblem for the British Empire, than a St. John the Hospitaller cross. Here's a version of the St.J emblem:

This doesn't mean that the eight-pointed star is without occult connotations by any means. Maybe even more interesting than St. John is the eight-pointed star's relationship to Ishtar/Inanna/Astarte/Anunit/Atarsamain, associated with Venus and the morning star. Here's a version of it:

I'll do a little research and see what else I can come up with. Numerologically, I believe eight has a connotation with fortune.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I haven't dug up too much yet, but for the sake of who, what, where and when (vital for any discussion of why) here's some general information about Palace of Westminster.

The oldest part of the palace, Westminster Hall dates to 1097, but the great majority of the structure was destroyed by fire in 1834. The chief architect of the reconstruction was Sir Charles Barry, but as Barry was primarily a Classic-style architect, and it was decided that the Palace should be done in a gothic manner, he was assisted by Augustus Pugin a leader in the neo-gothic movement of the era. Apparently Pugin was never satisfied with the final results of Barry's design, mostly due to what he felt was its overtly Greek symmetry. I can't immediately find any information suggesting either Barry or Pugin were involved in anything occult or clandestine. One could make an argument that Gothic architecture in general has occult connotations, but I won't get into that here.

For what it's worth here is some very general information about the numerology of the number eight:

Numerology

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Nice work Cicada you just got a WATS

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that the Central Lobby is an octagonal room so it's possible that the eight-pointed star is just a design element.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
hmm I actually have a similar symbol in my school its a square on top of a square around a circle and inside a circle. Im outta school now but Ill bring pictures like january

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cicada
It looks a lot more like a compass rose, certainly an appropriate emblem for the British Empire, than a St. John the Hospitaller cross. Here's a version of the St.J emblem:

This doesn't mean that the eight-pointed star is without occult connotations by any means. Maybe even more interesting than St. John is the eight-pointed star's relationship to Ishtar/Inanna/Astarte/Anunit/Atarsamain, associated with Venus and the morning star. Here's a version of it:

I'll do a little research and see what else I can come up with. Numerologically, I believe eight has a connotation with fortune.

hi guys, cheers for the further ellaboration.

"eight seeks money and material success" from the wikipedia source

and spiritually speaking:

incider.byu.edu...

scroll down to 8

[edit on 23-12-2005 by Peyres]

also from that link:

The Octagon and other 8 sided shapes are often seen on sacred architecture, (Nauvoo Temple Spire & exterior 8 sided stars, Dome of the Rock - Jerusalem, Holy of Holies - Salt Lake Temple - 8 sided stars in the Terrestrial Room and on the domed ceiling, which also has 8 pilasters encircling the cylindrical room, etc.). The Octagon is a transitional shape between the Cube, (earth), below, and the Sphere, (heaven), above it. This is a perfect metaphor for the Savior Jesus Christ as he is The reconciler and mediator between man and God.

yet more:

The Octagon, the 8 Pointed Star, and Two Rotated Squares Together are associated with the number 8. These 2 intersecting squares often symbolize Priesthood Power or the Melchizedek Priesthood. Stars made from these 2 squares are found on the Nauvoo Temple and in the dome above the entrance to the Holy of Holies in the Salt Lake Temple. The number 8 points to resurrection, rebirth, & renewal, (baptism at age 8, circumcism at 8 days), and the Savior, as he is the source of these. Many architectural towers and spires of temples, (Nauvoo Temple), are eight sided. In Islam the Dome of the Rock at Jerusalem is 8 sided, etc. Many knights templar buildings are 8 sided.

also found the Order of the thistle, scottish, which has an eight sided star:

www.heraldsnet.org...

Cug

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The one on the lobby floor is a octangle, the meaning from the western occult tradition is

The octagram as a whole is referred to the Eight Sephirah, Hod. The octagram naturally represents the power of the Ogdoad*, and the octagon showeth the Ogdoad operating in nature by the dispersal of the rays of the elements in their dual under the presidency of the 8 letters of the name.

The Octogram reflected at every 3rd point yieldth 8 triangles at the apices thereof; fitly representing the Triad operating in each element in it's dual form, i.e., of Positive and Negative, under the powers of the Name YHVH ADONAI or as it's written bound together IAHDONHI.

*The Ogdoad were eight deities who were the basis of the Egyptian creation myth during the Middle Kingdom.

I just grabbed a book randomly that I thought would have this info.. the quote is from Self-Initiation into the Golden Dawn Tradition.

BTW the symbol on the tarot bag is an octagram reflected every 4th point.. or star of Mercury something else entirely.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
BTW the symbol on the tarot bag is an octagram reflected every 4th point.. or star of Mercury something else entirely.

I`ll take your word for it Cug,i could`nt be any more lost when it comes to this type knowledge.I thought it relavent since reading the Masonry Tarot thread that there is a link between the two.

Peyres thats quite a link about symbols and numbers good find,the arcitecture stunning,putting it in my favourites for future reading and or reference.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I personally think the 2 squares placed ontop of one another is meant to convey the 2 houses of parliament. Of couse it could be just some decorative design but it does seem to be symbolic of something.

Just found this its kinda related maybe helpful in some kind of way

click here

[edit on 24-12-2005 by perspicientia]

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't understand, how are the two squares a maltese cross? Same number of points, but otherwise its pretty different no?

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
yes its not exactly stone wall is it

I'd like to see it from the top down. And might visit again, just to look close up at everything.

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Peyres]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've just watched a video through Google video about the Illuminati and it mentions alot of stuff about the Palace of Westminster being used by freemasons on some occasions. And also general stuff about Blair being a Knight of Malta, from his barrister connections. Underground tunnel from the UGLE (10 drury street) to 10 downing street. video.google.com...

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Peyres]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think the fact that they even got the address of Freemasons Hall wrong sums up the fluff and froth of this video. There are so many (alleged) underground tunnels made by the masons that I'm surprised we've had any time at all to rule the world in between digging.

top topics

join