It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If bigfoot is nocturnal why hasnt one been caught sleeping?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As I read BF sighting reports almost all of them happen at night and the researchers suggest that this would be a nocturnal animal, if that was the case why havent we caught one napping? It only stands to reason that that would happen especially with the ever curious and wondering human species. I am a believer but also a skeptic anyone else share this view?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Likley the same reason nobody have has caught a Snow leopard sleeping. Snow leopards are so elusive that it verges on legendary. Many people spend there whole lives in areas where snow leporads live and never ever see one.

They really have a mythical status almost comparable with the yeti, or abominable snowman .

[edit on 23-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ahem ...........comparing a north american big foot and the snow leaopard is pure apples and orranges

the google search of " snow leopard " images draws 16 thousand returns

we have snow leapards in captivity - in numbers aufficient to breed

the ecology of snow leapoard is some of the most remote terrain on earth , look at its ` range ` - and the population density [ human ] of those areas - there are HUGE uninhabited areas

big foot is claimed to live in california and new england - there is simply no comparision in the human encoachment of its alledged habitat

sorry - i reject that line of reasoning

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
bigfoot nocturnal?
this is new to me..
are any other primates nocturnal?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If they are nocturnal doesnt that mean they come out at night?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was just using it as a example of a ellusive nocturnal creature we know exist and yet nobody stumbles across one of the sleeping in the wild. That just dosent happen.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ahem ...........comparing a north american big foot and the snow leaopard is pure apples and orranges

the google search of " snow leopard " images draws 16 thousand returns

Yeah and a google search for "bigfoot" images draws 105 thousand returns. Using google returns is a rather weak arguement for any topic.

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the ecology of snow leapoard is some of the most remote terrain on earth , look at its ` range ` - and the population density [ human ] of those areas - there are HUGE uninhabited areas big foot is claimed to live in california and new england - there is simply no comparision in the human encoachment of its alledged habitat

Yes its indeed remote it also happens to be said to share its terrain with a bigfoot though its called Yeti. The Northwest of US and Canada (where most biggfoot sightings occur) has vast uninhabited areas larger then that of even the himalayas. Sightings in places like New England are a Joke no serious Bigfoot researches bother to look in that area. I think your vastly underestimating just how elusive these cats are in the wild.

link

BTW dgtempe yes Nocturnal means a animal is active at night. I dont know how anybody could make such a claim about bigfoot though

[edit on 23-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe both bigfoot and snow leopards have excellent hearing and can hear a stupid human coming from miles away and they tend to want to stay away from stupid humans. Just my theory but could explain a lot.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How about the Pacific northwest which sprals for hundreds upon hundreds of miles of wilderness. Thats mainly where it is reported and it is very uninhabited land

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IOMMISINY
How about the Pacific northwest which sprals for hundreds upon hundreds of miles of wilderness. Thats mainly where it is reported and it is very uninhabited land

I don't know where you're coming from in this but...the Pacific Northwest is exactly that and New England is at the opposite end of the United States...i.e Maine, Connecticut, Rhode island..etc. I'm not sure but I don't think there is much unihabited land up there (New England)?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IOMMISINY

Does that make me an uninhabitant???

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Most nocturnal animals are by necessity more careful about where they sleep. How many possums have you ever walked up on while they sleep?

I'm not sure I buy into the Bigfoot is nocturnal idea as I can't think of another primate that is, but if it is, then it stands to reason that the Bigfoot "nests" are even better hidden and harder to "happen upon" than if they sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Look at the size of a possum versus the size of a bigfoot. I have hunted my life and can honestly only say that I have walked up on two (whitetailed) deer yearlings in that span (12 years) but no possums. Could it be the size or the strategic planing of the animals? You tell me. But a BF would be hard to hide I mean if you were camping and hunted at night and slept during the day do you think someone could happen upon you? Just a though and thanks for the input.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I personnally feel the best way to protect them is to discredit any report about them. Men will try to mount them on the wall if they know the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I am from ct, and have travelled extensively in new england, and there is lots and lots and lots of uninhabited land. More than anyone would think, and most of it is very densely wooded.

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I too previously thought that the new england states were more urbanized and didn't have much forestland. I've recently found out that places such as Pennsylvania, New York, and Connecticut have many, many miles of uninhabited land...even more so than some southern states. Go take a look on Google Earth.

top topics

join