It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Dixie Flag Should Be Banned- What About....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
By the way, to those who say the Dixie flag should be banned because it is used by racist groups, guess what flag the KKK marched under for over 100 years, EXCLUSIVELY?:

www.lewrockwell.com...

So.... when do we ban that one?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i dont agree with the dixie flag..however i wouldn't ban it... its not for me to censor anything...not my job to do that or anyone elses.

brian

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
you should put a big ol' disclaimer near your dixie flag saying "This flag is used as a representation of regional pride and nothing else."

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychomike

By the way, to those who say the Dixie flag should be banned because it is used by racist groups, guess what flag the KKK marched under for over 100 years, EXCLUSIVELY?:

www.lewrockwell.com...

So.... when do we ban that one?

This article may interest you:Black Confederates

Let's not forget, Gen. Robert E. Lee freed his slaves before Grant freed his.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thank you Beelzebubba

If you look up Civil War quotes on the net there is a quote from Ulysses S. Grant made during the war and it goes like this: If I thought this war was beign waged to abolish slavery, I wouild fight for the other side.

The Dixie flag (should be Rebel flag in all honesty) does not represent the KKK or racism in general.
During Joseph Sibly's campaign into New Mexico and Arizona in Feb-Apirl 1862, Latino's joined the Texans in large numbers in order to overthrow the hated Federal rule of the US troops.
The Secretary of War for the SOuthern Confederacy, Judah P. Benjamin was a practicing Jew!
And as someone else on this thread mentioned (or was it the Morgan Freeman one I was just on, don't remember) Maryland still had slavery AFTER the Civil War. (Just for info's sake, Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas all had troops that fought for the US [true, Maryland, Missouri, Kansas and Kentucky and Tennessee had troops that were rebs too] and all of those states had the institution of slavery.)
When the KKK uses the Rebel flag, it is a misrepresentation of the Constitutional argument of Jeffersonian versus Federalist thought that caused the war to began with and it also misrepresents what the vast majority of Southern boys died for: Freedom from a large Federal government.
KKK also distorts Christianity.
KKK should be shot....just my thought on the matter.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If you were to go down to places like Atlanta or Montgomery, you would be in for quite a big surprise. People down there, including some black folks, have the dixie flag tatooed on their arms as a showing of where their pride is.

new topics

top topics

join