It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grim Realization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
(I dont exaclty know if this is in the right fourm please move if not suited)

Ok i was thinking about the whole middle east thing today in school I.E Iran,Syria isreal and the rest and relized i will probaly not make it to 60 without a world war nuclear war or pretty much the end of the world and it is depressing the hell outta me is there any way i war in the middle east can be avided now i dont think so,o well thats just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There's a war in the middle east right now. There are no nuke powers in the middle east except Israel, and they're on a very tight leash from the US.

If you don't want a nuke war in the mid east, then be prepared to invade Iran if they won't permit international observation of their nuclear power technology.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well, you may be right, but you may be wrong. The thing is, don't worry about it because it is out of your hands. Just enjoy life.

I was raised during the Cuban Missile Crisis, we all thought the end was near and that Russia and the US were going to destroy each other. It did not happen. There have been many crisis' in the past when everyone thought the nukes would fly, but they didn't. Then there was the SARS/Bird Flu thing - nothing happened (yet).

As for the Mid-East - Maybe Israel will eliminate the Iran nuke program, but I doubt anyone will do anything more to Isreal other than whine and complain. Other countries (Russia and China) understand that to engage in a nuke war with a partner of the US or the US itself, will only lead to their destruction. Those countries are smarter that we think, and intend to "convert" the world peacefully, so they can enjoy their resources.

Anyway - just relax and enjoy life. But, if you see a bright flash, remember to duck and cover!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The thing about nuclear weapons is that if you use them, there will be a very serious outcome, for both the attacking country and the country being attacked. Even if the country being attacked does not have any nuclear weapons, they most likely are allied with a country that does, who will launch a counter strike.

Hopefully everyone realises this, and wont use nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I was raised during the Cuban Missile Crisis, we all thought the end was near and that Russia and the US were going to destroy each other. It did not happen. There have been many crisis' in the past when everyone thought the nukes would fly, but they didn't. Then there was the SARS/Bird Flu thing - nothing happened (yet).

Anyway - just relax and enjoy life. But, if you see a bright flash, remember to duck and cover!

I was also a 60's child, and I couldn't agree with you more. SARS, Bird Flu and falling asteroids aside, I try to enjoy life. Besides, it's too short to piss away on trivial non-events. And it does help whenyou get the correct medication. But that's another story!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a word of advice from a old hag........

I thought I'd never be this old, thought society would collaspe long before this!! I am still around...

life you life like you will be here a long time, invest in your future so you can enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
WAGD, I have some good news, and I have some bad news.

Don't worry about the nukes; the chances of them being used are slim.

Now the bad news. Worry about bio/chem warfare. Even small third world countries are capable of making or buying and delivering anthrax and other biologicals that are to horrible to even contemplate.

Just try to live one day at a time, that's what I do, cause the future looks pretty grim.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i can't seem to remember the poet/author who famously said, "Cease the day," because certainly we never know when it's our last. The only thing we do know is this moment and the past. Don't fear what you want so much that you won't do it, unless it borders insanity, the worst thing that will happen is rejection or failure. How bad is that really?

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its a latin saying; carpe diem or some such,"seize the day", grab it, or 'pluck the day'. Not 'cease. Had to look up who coined it, it was Horace.

Ode I-XI "Carpe Diem"
Ask not - we cannot know - what end the gods have set for you, for me; nor attempt the Babylonian reckonings Leuconoë. How much better to endure whatever comes, whether Jupiter grants us additional winters or whether this is our last, which now wears out the Tuscan Sea upon the barrier of the cliffs! Be wise, strain the wine; and since life is brief, prune back far-reaching hopes! Even while we speak, envious time has passed: pluck the day, putting as little trust as possible in tomorrow!

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It’s actually funny coming to the realization that there are people out there now that have not lived with the daily idea that a nuclear war could start at a moments notice. That at any moment you could walk into a room and see the Emergency Broadcast System wailing away and expect to look out the window and see mushroom clouds. I remember being in high school and walking into a room with a TV showing President Reagan’s joke about “bombing Russia in the next few minutes”, thinking it was real, and my stomach doing a barrel roll.

Thanks a lot guy now I really feel old…

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
shuttup youd be much more worried if you were like me KNOWING that you wouldn't live to be half that

top topics

join